RIP Those Who Died In 2019

2

Comments

  • MichelleMichelle California
    Grumpy Cat is dead.
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww and he had such a happy life.
  • Poor Grumpy Cat. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    RIP Rutger Hauer. he terrified me as a kid in The Hitcher.

    people are pointing out how he passed away the same year as Roy Batty.

    Schlupp
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Awwww.  Carlos Cruz-Diez.  One of my favorite dudes.  Lived to 95.  What a wonderful and accomplished life.  Thank you, sir.  


  • This one hurts.  Toni Morrison.  RIP.


    Travis
  • I just saw a moment ago that David (DC) Berman died. Lead dude from the Silver Jews. Just terrible. He was fantastic and such an incredibly talented songwriter. Young too. This is totally messed up. I've burned off many an hour with those records.

    RIP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvhjzmiw0tE
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Damn
    Travis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Travis said:
    I just saw a moment ago that David (DC) Berman died. Lead dude from the Silver Jews. Just terrible. He was fantastic and such an incredibly talented songwriter. Young too. This is totally messed up. I've burned off many an hour with those records.

    RIP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvhjzmiw0tE
    damn that sucks. what a f'n bummer :'(
    Travis
  • He just put out an album under the name Purple Mountains, it was great.  Sad news, RIP.
    Travis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    A friend of mine made a point that even if you just read the song titles to the Purple Mountains album in a row it’s pretty fuckin devastating.  I’m honestly a little hesitant to listen to it now. Feels a little snuff-ish. 
    Travis
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I just bought the Purple Mountains I knew nothing about the guy and just finding about the death right now. I was listening to the Silver Jews album last night for the first time. I thought the Silver Jews album was great and was going to post about it on another thread. Weird. 
    CretanBullTravis
  • Toni Morrison's 1993 Nobel acceptance speech is remarkably prescient 
    https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/literature/1993/morrison/lecture/
    MurderbearCretanBull
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I’m surprised no one’s mentioned this one!
    Rest in peace Peter Fonda, aged 79.
    https://people.com/movies/peter-fonda-dead-at-79/


    Doctor_Nick
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 18
    He was also well-known for this iconic clip, which amongst other things was sampled at the beginning of Primal Scream's "Loaded":


    cdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    RIP Valerie Harper. :cry:


  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
     :'( 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Oh no... :cry:
    Rest in peace, Chris March - one of my favorite Project Runway designers (he co-designed one of my favorite looks of the entire series) and a well-known costume designer in Bay Area theater.  And he was such a sweet guy.  :heart:

     
  • RIP Daniel Johnston

    TravisMurderbear
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Grumpy Cat is dead.
    So young 
    So grumpy.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    RIP Daniel Johnston

    I always come into this thread with my eyes squinted. For this fucking reason.  
    Murderbear
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:
    RIP Daniel Johnston

    I always come into this thread with my eyes squinted. For this fucking reason.  
    yeah same man. i'll never forget seeing a private screening of The Devil and Daniel Johnston in Berkley when it came out, and being completely blown away. RIP DJ.
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    RIP Daniel Johnston

    I always come into this thread with my eyes squinted. For this fucking reason.  
    yeah same man. i'll never forget seeing a private screening of The Devil and Daniel Johnston in Berkley when it came out, and being completely blown away. RIP DJ.
    Yeh it doesn’t take many DJ tunes to get a bitter beer face and the room dusty.  He’ll be missed a bunch.  
    Chinaskijohnnytruant
  • cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    RIP Daniel Johnston

    I always come into this thread with my eyes squinted. For this fucking reason.  
    yeah same man. i'll never forget seeing a private screening of The Devil and Daniel Johnston in Berkley when it came out, and being completely blown away. RIP DJ.
    Yeh it doesn’t take many DJ tunes to get a bitter beer face and the room dusty.  He’ll be missed a bunch.  
    True. Hadn't listened in a while and put some songs on... it's a rough time, but damn there are some gems.
    cdriveChinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    “Ok hi band” https://youtu.be/vVIs3WySZ7U 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 16
    Eddie Money passed away on Friday, and Ric Ocasek (of The Cars) passed away today. :cry:
    Someone hide all the rest of the musicians from my childhood.
  • Ric Ocasek hurts...I'm a huge fan. RIP.
    MichelleTeresa from ConcordMarci
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 16



    CretanBull
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Michelle said:
    Eddie Money passed away on Friday, and Ric Ocasek (of The Cars) passed away today. :cry:
    Someone hide all the rest of the musicians from my childhood.
    Roky Eddie Daniel Ric.  Rough. 
  • edited September 16
    The Cars encapsulate near enough everything I love about that 70s and 80s New Wave sound. They're one of the first bands I turn to when I want to feel positive and upbeat. Just What I Needed is up there with my favourite pop songs of all time. I'd definitely recommend listening to their debut album to anyone who hasn't. It's truly brilliant.

    RIP Ric Ocasek ❤️
    CretanBull
  • edited September 25

    I missed that Saturday Nog from DS9, Aron Eisenberg, died at 50. I guess he had health problems his whole life. Seems he was even nicer in real life as Nog was in the show.


    No idea why I can't unbold that sentence. 
Sign In or Register to comment.