Bald Move TV Prep

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited January 23 in Other TV
Hey did everyone catch this?  I was checking out the True Detective live watch and saw this in the YouTube sidebar.  This is super fun. They coin of doomed a decision! 

MichelleNoelElisarustywright4

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I think this is a great idea. I skipped through some of the trailer parts (had already seen them) but I loved hearing their reaction after.

Funny thing, I usually stream YouTube on my TV and I was away when they switched from the mini-view on the corners to the half and half. So I walk into my living room and all of a sudden giant Aron and Jim faces are on my TV. Never seen their faces that big.
    DeeElisa
  • I loved it because I do basically the same thing (not weekly though) to decide what new shows to check out.
    Now Jim & Aron do it for me AND I also have new BM content, what's not to like?

It was funny when at the end they watched the Titans trailer and forgot to switch back the screen, so I couldn't see or hear anything from the trailer. I just focused on their faces and tried to analyze their expressions to try and find out which parts they liked haha.
    CapeGabeElisa
  • It might be fun to try one of those on Twitch with people in the chat
  • A: "Was that Flea?"
    J: "Henry Rollins."

:D  :D :D

MajorMalfunctiondjcaudle01
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I loved Jim's reaction at 12:53 during the anti-smoking commercial. I feel like that is how I react with lots of the ads I see online. I actually found their reaction to the ads to be some of the most entertaining part of this. Regardless, I think this is a fantastic idea and a great way to keep fresh content. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Great video guys.  Looking foward to watching this weekly.  I need all the help I can get, getting thru the Peak TV onslaught.  
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Really enjoyed this.  I'm already so into 2019's content and it's just started.  Keep it up, guys!
    Elisa
  • We should start a list of stuff that the community thinks they should check out the trailers for. Looking at premieres between next week and early February, some that I'm interested in are:
    Russian Doll (Netflix)
    Miracle Workers (TBS)
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Netflix)
    Polar (Netflix)
    Broad City (Comedy Central)
    Puppy Bowl (Animal Planet)
  • Puppy bowl FTW!!
    Michelle
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    How do I find this (is there more than one?) on the site?
  • I dug this a lot.  I prefer the more “natural” Bald Move content like this as opposed to the produced stuff (Season of the Cage, Giamatti Christmas, etc).

From what I’ve seen so far, it seems the approach for this year is “more content, less production”, which is fantastic IMO.  To me, J&A are at their best when they’re just riffin’ and having fun; which is probably why I enjoy those damn video game playthroughs so much....
    ElisaMichelle
  • It's too bad they missed the boat on Patriot, there's a real dearth of podcasts about it, besides there being a real wealth of podcast-worthy material. Oddly Season 2 came out at a kind of open time here, but oh well. Week to week there'll be a ton of stuff from here on. 

I hate with a bazillion hates that cbs put Discovery on all-access, it seems sooooooo anti-Trek to put it behind a paywall! But they just upped their free trial period to one month (use promo code "NEWYEAR" by 1/20), so I'm in until that expires. If I like it I'll find another way. 
  • I dug this a lot.  I prefer the more “natural” Bald Move content like this as opposed to the produced stuff (Season of the Cage, Giamatti Christmas, etc).

From what I’ve seen so far, it seems the approach for this year is “more content, less production”, which is fantastic IMO.  To me, J&A are at their best when they’re just riffin’ and having fun; which is probably why I enjoy those damn video game playthroughs so much....
    I was a split decision on the two big late year productions. I thought adding audio from the movies really made it easier to remember scenes if I hadn't seen the subject material in a while. I've put off listening to podcasts if I hadn't refreshed the material, and as a result, simply missed out. If that's the level of production I can expect in the future, I'm all in on those podcasts, partially for that production.

Honestly, my biggest barrier on one man Manger was simply the way I consume bald move content. I listen to it, I rarely watch it. I don't regularly follow any YouTube content. As a result, I didn't feel compelled to run it down. I wish they'd consider editing this video into a podcast as well, just so I could stay plugged in without watching a video. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    If someone can post on the forums or website when the TV prep videos becomes available, that would be awesome. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Elisa said:
    If someone can post on the forums or website when the TV prep videos becomes available, that would be awesome. 
    If you have a YouTube account, you can subscribe to the Bald Move channel and you should receive a notification when new videos are added to the channel.
    DoubleA_RonMurderbearNoel
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Thanks!  a new episode just went up yesterday  :)
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ok @Jim & @A_Ron_Hubbard my hand is raised high for Kingdom.  Everyone wearing the “gat” hat ... Joseon Dynasty era zombie-mystery  semi-historically-based... hell yes. 
    Elisa
  • This might be a fun one for next week. Horror anthology from HBO Asia.

• @Jim @A_Ron even though it doesn't follow the "next week on TV" format I think you should take a few minutes to watch this on camera next week and get hyped for how much awesomeness is going to be on HBO this year:

Elisa
  • MrX said:
    This might be a fun one for next week. Horror anthology from HBO Asia.

Yeah. For any time actually. 
  • MrX said:
    @Jim @A_Ron even though it doesn't follow the "next week on TV" format I think you should take a few minutes to watch this on camera next week and get hyped for how much awesomeness is going to be on HBO this year:

When I saw this trailer before True Detective the other night I think I said, out loud, "God. DAMN!" This is why they say it's not tv, it's HBO. There's still nothing like it.

ElisaMurderbearHatorianMrXNoel
    I saw that 2019 Teaser and holy cow did I get excited. There are only a handful of things that they showed that I don't plan on watching. Got? Yep. Succession? Of course. Veep's last season? Naturally. Silicon Valley? Sure. Barry? Twist my arm why don't ya.  I could go on and on. 
    MurderbearMrXKate23
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I just want to say that I look foward with glee to the weekly Bald Move TV Prep video on YouTube.   B)
    MurderbearTomalexwhithamMrXKate23Dummy
  • I saw that 2019 Teaser and holy cow did I get excited. There are only a handful of things that they showed that I don't plan on watching. Got? Yep. Succession? Of course. Veep's last season? Naturally. Silicon Valley? Sure. Barry? Twist my arm why don't ya.  I could go on and on. 
    I'll go on:
    The motherfuckin' Deadwood Movie???
    His Dark Materials with Lin-Manuel Miranda, James McAvoy, Ruth Wilson, Dafne Keen (from Logan) and Clarke Peters?
    Big Little Lies season 2 with Meryl Streep?
    Chernobyl miniseries with Jared Harris, Stellan Skarsgard, and Emily Watson?

MrX said:
    I saw that 2019 Teaser and holy cow did I get excited. There are only a handful of things that they showed that I don't plan on watching. Got? Yep. Succession? Of course. Veep's last season? Naturally. Silicon Valley? Sure. Barry? Twist my arm why don't ya.  I could go on and on. 
    I'll go on:
    His Dark Materials with Lin-Manuel Miranda, James McAvoy, Ruth Wilson, Dafne Keen (from Logan) and Clarke Peters?

Oh god. I can’t believe I forgot the Deadwood movie, that is what I came into this thread to initially post about. I really wasn’t expecting footage already.
  • MrX said:
    I'll go on:

Would you recommend blasting through the series first, or watching the movie first?
  • MrX said:
    I'll go on:

Oh god. I can’t believe I forgot the Deadwood movie, that is what I came into this thread to initially post about. I really wasn’t expecting footage already.
    Watching the series now to prep. Halfway through. Also: WATCHMENNNNNNNNN!!!
    MrXElisa
  • Kate23 said:
    MrX said:
    I'll go on:

Would you recommend blasting through the series first, or watching the movie first?
    Definitely watch the series first. It's on the Mt Rushmore of HBO shows.
    mylifeaskirkKate23
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Deadwood is on Prime FYI 
    Kate23
  • MrX said:
    I'll go on:

Watching the series now to prep. Halfway through. Also: WATCHMENNNNNNNNN!!!
    I'm glad somebody threw Watchmen in this list.  I enjoyed the movie but to see a series of Watchmen being led by none other than Damon Lindelof, Sign me up.  
    MurderbearElisaDummymylifeaskirk