The Passage Premier

Week late on this, but I had no idea that the TV show as an actual thing until watching the boys doing Baldmove TV planning.

I'm a huge fan of the first novel. The second was good and I haven't finished the third. 

Watched the Pilot last night and quite enjoyed it. The vampire effects look good so far, and it seems that they are going to handle all the weird mind-control-dream-world stuff alright.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, and how they handle the actual post-apoc stuff.
Elisa

Comments

• edited January 22
    I really liked it too.  Same opinions of the books too; loved the first, second was good, but liked first much better, but still haven't had the time to get through the third.  

No golden age of TV or anything but really entertaining, especially for those of us who read the books and want to see these characters brought to life.  Also morbidly curious to see how they pull this off on regular TV and not cable or rated R movie.  
    Elisa
  • I liked the first third of the book, but they lost me at the time jump.  Keep us posted.  Whether I watch or not largely depends on the opinions I see here.
    rhcoop
  • edited January 23
    I loved these books but I don’t know man. I haven’t watched episode 2 yet. The premier was ok and I’m ok with them switching some stuff up (although making Babcock a hot chick kind of grinds my gears) but they are rushing through Amy’s back story. I just feel like this show isn’t going to make it more than a couple of seasons.

I am looking forward to the time jump that’s when I actually got really into the story maybe that will hook me on the show.  
  • so it looks like the season will be 10 episodes long

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074206/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Plot descriptions indicate that the time jump will happen episode 6 or 7 at the earliest, if it happens at all.

Given how much that would compress new character introductions, new world intro, probably won't get the time jump until a teaser cliffhanger thing at the end of the season.

But yeah, I enjoyed episode 2, will continue to report lol.

Also, yeah @lemoncakes , not quite sure what the gender flip for babcock was about, but whateves
    Elisa