2018 Baldies Voting is open!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Go here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SKL2VF2

You can vote on 9 different topics including best drama, comedy, best male and female actor, best Bald Movie, etc. Find out what Jim and I selected for our winners and the results of the listener choice voting on January 30th, 2019 when the 2018 Baldies Award show drops on Bald Move TV!

Can't wait to see what you all think and how it lines up with me and Jim!
Alkaid13CoryDoubleA_RongguenotMichelleElisaawookieeNoelBroRad33Travisand 2 others.

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Catastrophe is a comedy, not a drama. It also wasn’t on in 2018. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • How did This is Us, The Alienist, and Sharp Objects not make the cut for voting?
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Sharp Objects was definitely in there
    giardinello
  • Sharp Objects was definitely in thereHow did I miss it?
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    In general if it's not on there we didn't watch it and the listeners didn't nominate it in the previous rounds.

Thanks, Dee. I'll remove it!
    Elisa
  • I see a couple duplicates like expanse and then the expanse and the same for jack Ryan. This could mess up the totals couldn’t it. Or will u just add them? Also In the title for question 9 it says yout instead of your. Sorry If im being picky I’m trying to be helpful. Anyway I can’t wait for the award pods. Are u gonna release the discussions for each catagory again? I enjoyed that. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
    Dylan B said:
    I see a couple duplicates like expanse and then the expanse and the same for jack Ryan. This could mess up the totals couldn’t it. Or will u just add them? Also In the title for question 9 it says yout instead of your. Sorry If im being picky I’m trying to be helpful. Anyway I can’t wait for the award pods. Are u gonna release the discussions for each catagory again? I enjoyed that. 
    Thanks man, I got those fixed. And yeah, I'll combine the duplicates. And yes, we are releasing all the bonus deliberations as audio and video podcasts!
    Dylan BawookieeMichelleDummyElisa
  • I always forget, are we voting on the movie itself or the discussion it created for the Bald Movie category? 
    BloodyTaco
    I don't know if we've issued guidance for that. I figure it's the film itself, but on the commission side Jim and I always kind of blend the film and the coverage into a metric. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I always think of it as the discussion. *puts on snooty hat* Especially this year since some of my favorite movies aren't on the list.
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
     :'( Whelp i guess this is the last time i get to vote on a "favorite Commission Podcast" Sigh 
  • Ouch, Paper Boi and Darius against Noho Hank, Barry and the bunch from the Terror.  Pretty brutal competition in disparate genres there....
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Did I see Lawnmower Man listed in the live watch category?
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    No Keri Russell or Matthew Rhys. Ouch.
    rkcrawf
  • kuman07 said:
    No Keri Russell or Matthew Rhys. Ouch.

Snub of the year! I'm chaining myself to Bald Move HQ in protest.
    kuman07
    Haha, yeah, last year letting people write in candidates for the actor category was a real shit show trying to make sense for little gain that I decided against it this year, so you must suffer under the tyranny of Jim and I's viewing taste. 

I think the nomination phase this year went really smooth and improved the scope of the comedy and dramas. I might try actors again next year, especially if I can farm out collating the data. 
    ElisaMrXMichelleNoelMFG
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Maybe we can make a Baldies 2020 Nomination thread and have a few of the moderators/active forum members maintain a google spreadsheet of nominations throughout the year?
    CapeGaberkcrawf
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I don't know how doable it is (for next year?), but favourite Bald Move moment is a good candidate for preferential voting. I would have liked to order 5 choices from first to fifth favourite.
    MurderbearMichelleDoubleA_Ron
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Maybe we can make a Baldies 2020 Nomination thread and have a few of the moderators/active forum members maintain a google spreadsheet of nominations throughout the year?
    I am keeping a running list of everything this year!  I did it in 2017 and let it get away from me in 2018.
    MurderbearNoelcdriveFlukes
  • giardinellogiardinello Long Island, NY
    edited January 25
    Spookycat4 said:
    How did This is Us, The Alienist, and Sharp Objects not make the cut for voting?
    I can’t personally don’t see The Alienist as a Golden Age of Television kind of show, which Jim and A.Ron mostly focus on. 

To be fair, I only watched the first half of the first season and only because my girlfriend wanted to see it. I wasn’t impressed with the general production value and originality of the content. 

It may be because I watched, and loved, The Knick which is based on the same time and place. Seeing the way The Knick paid homage to the turn of the century NYC, then seeing The Alienist made me keep comparing the two shows. 

Also, Theordore Roosevelt is one of the most interesting and compelling figures in US history and he barely got any screen time, which is probably a good thing because the actor didn’t even come close to capturing the tour de force of personality that was Theodore Roosevelt. 

That’s just my opinion. We’re both in the same community, so we obviously have respect for the content Jim and A.Ron cover. I just had to scratch The Alienist itch after seeing the comment. 

I can meet you halfway on This Is Us —for an network TV production, it’s very good. Also, Sharp Objects was my favorite series of the year, so I’m with you there (it was included in the survey, by the way. You may have missed it, or the guys may have updated the survey at some point). 

Again, I really hope I didn’t come off as a dick for shitting on The Alienist. If I did, I apologize. And like I said, I only saw half the season which I already know if unfair to judge a show based on half a season, but I based my opinion on the episodes I did see. 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited January 25
    A lot of tough choices this year for me.  There was no clear show that ran away with everything, but rather a group of shows of roughly similar quality that made picking one over another pretty hard.
    FlukesTeresa from Concord
  • Cara Gee, Mandy Moore, Matthew Rhys, and Keri Russell were all astounding this year. 
    MmmBop
  • I have to be honest with the community... I really pulled out all the stops this year and filled out one hell of a Baldie survey. Nothing short of spectacular.
    MurderbearDummyTravisNoelA_Ron_HubbardShelly
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited January 28
    It was interesting to look back on this year and realize that Legion was pretty easily the best drama I watched this year . Granted I missed a lot of stuff (The Americans and Sharp Objects are two shows that I particularly wonder about), but it kind of wasn't close. The Good Place was definitely the best overall.
  • Travis said:
    It was interesting to look back on this year and realize that Legion was pretty easily the best drama I watched this year . Granted I missed a lot of stuff (The Americans and Sharp Objects are two shows that I particularly wonder about), but it kind of wasn't close. The Good Place was definitely the best overall.
    I hope you get the time to watch Sharp Objects...the show itself was outstanding and the podcasts here really got interesting and deep. 
    MichelleTravis
  • Thanks for the encouragement. It's definitely on the list. My wife and I have been in a total "rewatch 'warm blanket shows'" mindset lately, going through good feeling old favorites, but it's definitely a priority. It looks very good.
  • Travis said:
    Thanks for the encouragement. It's definitely on the list. My wife and I have been in a total "rewatch 'warm blanket shows'" mindset lately, going through good feeling old favorites, but it's definitely a priority. It looks very good.
    It's good you have someone to snuggle with when the time comes...I'm not the only one here who was able to relate on a personal level to the show. 
    Travis
  • I'm not 100% on what that would mean, though I think I know enough to piece some guessed-at context together. Given what little I've gathered, I'm really sorry that you are able to say that. The world is far too cruel of a place.
    Kate23
    FYI: voting closes in six hours, at midnight EST!
    groovydooleyTravisFlukes
  • Watching the 2017 Baldies now (my first click exploring wiki)! 

Cant wait for this year’s “plus”...bald move lips on winners’ faces for acceptance speeches?