Fyre

Great cast and discussion. Something I heard is that the Netflix doc was made by the Fuck Jerry group (who were the advertisers for Fyre) so they did a lot to shine the light on Billy when they were responsible for a lot too.

also. FUCK Kendall Jenner. She should pay that Bahamian lady her 50K from the 250K she got for posting an orange tile
rustywright4LandscrapingChinaskiA_Ron_Hubbardalina_macrkcrawf

Comments

• Watched the Netflix version with the wife last night. Entertaining to say the least. I feel bad for the Bahamians who weren’t paid, not so much for the festival goers. Good podcast by the guys as well
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    the guys did a cast on it?! what a pleasant surprise!

watched the Netflix one last weekend and still need to check out the Hulu one.  from what i heard, the Netflix one was made by VICE and Jerry Media and Universal (Hulu) paid Billy lotsa money for interviews for the Hulu one.

can't wait to listen to the cast and hear the guys talk about what terrible human beings these people are.
    JoshuaHeter
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited January 24
    I don’t know if I’ll be able to trust Ja Rule ever again.
    DummyFlukesChinaskiNatter CastAww_PHuuCk
    I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to trust Ja Rule ever again.
    man, that little twerp!
    JoshuaHeter
  • There’s a great Espn 30 for 30 doc called Big Shot which tells the story of a guy named John Spano who wanted to buy the NY Islanders and kept stringing along the NHL and Islander fans until it was revealed he never had the finances to purchase a professional sports team. Billy Mcfarlane reminded me of this guy to a tee, the compulsive lying, the delusions of grandeur, the utter confidence he could talk his way out of a corner. 
    Chinaskiken hale
    Seth McFarlane should play Billy McFarland in the Lifetime Original version.
    JoshuaHeterFreddyNoelA_Ron_HubbardMurderbearTulipblossomrkcrawf
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I don’t know if I’ll be able to trust Ja Rule ever again.
    The real question is: what answers does Ja Rule have for you?

JoshuaHeterChinaskiNoelMurderbearrkcrawfApril_May_JuneAww_PHuuCk
    Chinaski said:
    Fuck yeah! Let's cast this movie. Dave Chappelle should play Ja Rule (you know, assuming Ja Rule isn't available to play himself). Alright, we got the two leads cast. Now onto the rest. Who should play Kendall Jenner??? Got it! RJ Mitte!

ChinaskicdrivegguenotcalebthrowerMurderbearalina_macmjmullady
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Freddy said:
    Chinaski said:
    Fuck yeah! Let's cast this movie. Dave Chappelle should play Ja Rule (you know, assuming Ja Rule isn't available to play himself). Alright, we got the two leads cast. Now onto the rest. Who should play Kendall Jenner??? Got it! RJ Mitte!

Somehow I find her even more attractive after seeing this potential casting
    ChinaskiDee
    edited January 25
    @Noel Him too. Celebrity fucking knows no orientation. #FYRE
    ChinaskiNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited January 25
    Man so I went to waybackmachine and saw the original pricing. I want to throw rocks and play armchair psychologist too but damn if I can’t.  Schadenfreude is a helluva drug. Most these kids look like average dumb spring break kids cause they were. The large sum paid the early bird $500 for 2 night bahama island accommodations, roundtrip plane ride, food wristband, and a music festival ticket.  Hell Woodstock 2 was $150 just for a ticket in 1999.  I’m more upset now about the celebs that breathed validity into this thing. 

edit: ok nevermind. did a lot of digging on youtube on these attendees.  pass me some of those rocks.  
    ken halemjmullady
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited January 25
    Now the question I ask is...would you do 3 years of prison (half time off good behavior) for like 1-2 years of living like a multi-millionaire banging models like Justin biebers Wife all night and partying with Ja Rule?

i think...I would. If I had no kids. No Wife. Just me. Id swap 2 years of millionaire party boy lifestyle for 3 years prison. Let’s be honest. This dude ain’t going to Alcatraz either. He’s probably minimum security, congegal visits prison. 
    ken halemjmullady
  • edited January 27
    Just finished both. I personally liked the Hulu doc a bit more than the Netflix one. Seemed like Netflix was more focused on how they got to that point with the event, and Hulu was a 10K foot look at the social problems and the aftermath of this thing. Was a bit disappointed to learn that Jerry Media put out the Netflix one. So many more people should go to jail, including Ja Rule. 

Reading r/Fyre on Reddit, it seems like the drama of the actual on-island event was overblown. It sucked for the guests, but it was only one shitty night. Could have been worse of course, but it wasn’t. 

Edit: Hulu also had a lot more background on Billy and Magnesis. 
    gguenotken hale
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited January 28
    The real takeaway is: if you're looking for a team player, you're looking for Andy King.

"I can't believe you dumb Millennials fell for the Fyre Festival. Why, in MY day..."
     "...you thought Ted Bundy was a nice guy."
    gguenotA_Ron_HubbardmwspiakHatorianNoelmjmulladyJTKIII
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Never been to Coachella, but I have been to Burning Man a few times and have lots of friends who go every year and, see, this is the thing: everyone knows that Burning Man is going to be a shit show before they go. That's part of the fun. You may end up in a choking dust storm. You may end up covered in "mud" that behaves like concrete. Porta potties may explode. At some point, art cars will capsize.

But you know that going in. No one sells Burning Man as a luxury VIP experience. Well, except maybe to the billionaire dudebros who fly in for burn night and fly out on Sunday. But no one else.
  • @Jim on his giddiness when narcissists get brought down - thank you!
    Teresa from Concord