Briarpatch (USA)

For those of you that listen to The Watch on the Ringer; Andy Greenwald's show Briarpatch - produced by Sam Esmail, starring Rosario Dawson - was picked up by USA. On the Watch yesterday they played audio of Esmail and the network execs surprising Andy with the news, it was pretty cute.

I'm looking forward to the show, because of Esmail's involvement, the cast and premise seem solid, and also to see how Greenwald fares from making the leap from TV critic/podcaster to TV writer/showrunner (he was in the writer's room for some of Legion). It's been fun hearing him talk about making the pilot on the podcast in recent months.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sam-esmails-briarpatch-starring-rosario-dawson-scores-usa-series-pickup-1178888
Kate23Elisa

Comments

• fidozfidoz Houston
    The book it's based on is solid too. I read it right after they announced he was adapting it.
    MrXElisa
  • I believe this show warrants a " meh " response no matter how good it is  just because of Greenwalds involvmenin in it ,  that's his response to 95% of what's on TV
    ElisaMrX
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I’m here for Esmail and Rosario Dawson.  
    hypergenesb
  • JimJim
    edited January 28
    I'm admittedly not a Greenwald fan but isn't it a huge conflict of interest to be both a creator and critic of television?  He should probably give up one or the other.
    mwspiakmft9186