I forgot the walking dead exists

I just realized this show is this on. I completely forgot about the entire show, wiped from my mind. Made me smile. Just thought I'd share. Have a wonderful day yall.
TravisAlkaid13Schlupp

Comments

• It is a largely forgettable show to be fair. 
    Walnut FreyTravis
  • @DancesWithWookies i always forget until my father brings it up in tv conversations in february and october.

People even started a hate watching thread for some odd reason so it still exists for some people.
  • tbh the hate-watch thread has been pretty quiet this last half-season  :)

Some good posts in the regular episode thread

Jovial_FalconMichelle
  • Never forget. Never forgive.
    DancesWithWookies
  • Its gettin good now. This last half season was great! I can't wait for the 2nd half starts back up. 
    Jovial_Falcon
  • Fool me for, uh, 7 seasons, shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
    MurderbearAlkaid13BroRad33Michelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I heard it was a good comic book.
  • Anyone know where to find their wrap up/finale/clip show? Mentioned on the baldies podcast this week. 
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Rooster said:
    Anyone know where to find their wrap up/finale/clip show? Mentioned on the baldies podcast this week. 
    http://baldmove.com/watching-dead-podcast/the-end-2/
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 4
    I just saw a trailer of sorts pop up on twitter and apparently there is some sort of gang of people who dress like zombies now? WTF? The big thing was "Who is behind the mask?!" (gasp). 
    (in my best Bill Simmons voice) Are we sure the Walking Dead got better?

Rooster said:
    Anyone know where to find their wrap up/finale/clip show? Mentioned on the baldies podcast this week. 
    If you go to the Watching Dead feed it's the last episode, The End (4/26/18).
    Pangs
  • Travis said:
    I just saw a trailer of sorts pop up on twitter and apparently there is some sort of gang of people who dress like zombies now? WTF? The big thing was "Who is behind the mask?!" (gasp). 

Rooster said:
    Well the next group, the whisperers, are right out of the comic. I think as long as they don’t stray too far from the source material it’s going to be a really good second half season. 
    rustywright4Travis
  • Travis said:

Rooster said:
    You are where you don't belong......
  • Nancylyn said:

Well the next group, the whisperers, are right out of the comic. I think as long as they don’t stray too far from the source material it’s going to be a really good second half season. 

Will be what is arguably one of the most iconic shots out of the comic since the S1 shot of Rick on horseback riding back into Atlanta on the freeway if they pull it off. And the whisperers, surprisingly, are translating to the show quite a bit better than how they read in the comic; way creepier in live action.

Travis
  • Do they still do talking dead? If so OMEGALUL
    Travis
  • But guys, to pretend to be a zombie is to pretend to be something slow and deadly that people want to kill. I mean, I get that people take them for granted in this phase of existence (and the effort to save bullets angle and what not, all of that), but they still want to kill them. This is a ridiculous strategy. It’s true that I should watch before passing judgment, but that trailer was totally dumb.
  • Dumb?! I don’t know Travis that just doesn’t sound like The Walking Dead that I know. 
    Travis
  • Also yes the Talking Dead is still going somehow. 
    Travis
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Also yes the Talking Dead is still going somehow. 
    Like Ben Franklin famously said: Gotts cash them checks, son!
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Travis said:
    But guys, to pretend to be a zombie is to pretend to be something slow and deadly that people want to kill. I mean, I get that people take them for granted in this phase of existence (and the effort to save bullets angle and what not, all of that), but they still want to kill them. This is a ridiculous strategy. It’s true that I should watch before passing judgment, but that trailer was totally dumb.
    Living people are thin on the ground; it's much more likely one will encounter zombies instead.  Walking with the dead lets one go places without other living people and get otherwise inaccessible supplies.

Personally I wish the show would do a slow burn with the Whisperers, showing how they live differently in the ZA, then resume the swift pace of the comics.

Travis
  • I watched some clips of recent TWD -- Eugene and Rosita hiding from a Whisperer horde, Jesus fighting zombies in fog. It was worse than ever. Bad acting, shaking footage that looked like it had been shot on a smartphone, bad CGI zombies. Really not believing the comments that the show has turned around.
  • edited February 5
    I watched some clips of recent TWD -- Eugene and Rosita hiding from a Whisperer horde, Jesus fighting zombies in fog. It was worse than ever. Bad acting, shaking footage that looked like it had been shot on a smartphone, bad CGI zombies. Really not believing the comments that the show has turned around.
    I did the exact same thing and spent the whole time just going ‘PFFFT.’ I just can’t be bothered to trust the opinions of people who think that show is “back.”
    telephoneofmadness
  • Travis said:
    But guys, to pretend to be a zombie is to pretend to be something slow and deadly that people want to kill. I mean, I get that people take them for granted in this phase of existence (and the effort to save bullets angle and what not, all of that), but they still want to kill them. This is a ridiculous strategy. It’s true that I should watch before passing judgment, but that trailer was totally dumb.

Its set up more as almost a religion/world view.  It's not really that they're actively trying to hide from the living, that's more of a side-effect of their F'd up society. 
    Travismahduk