2nd Annual Not Actually Groundhog Day, Groundhog Day Marathon - Saturday, February 9th, 2019

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
edited January 30 in General
It's happening!  http://groundhog.baldmove.com

I'll be updating this page as we get more details firmed up.
MichelleFlukesDummyMurderbearGrahamDoubleA_RonJoshuaHeterJTKIIINoelCodyHarris821

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Can't wait!  So looking forward to this!  
    JoshuaHeter
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    JoshuaHetergguenotMichelleA_Ron_HubbardNoel
  • Can / should we do something during the marathon to acknowledge where on the timeline The Holiday Special and Ewok movies land?
  • https://cincinnati.partyprincessproductions.com/pricing/#star-wars-package

All right, who’s with me?  Let’s get Darth and a Storm Trooper to hang with the boys for an hour. 
    JTKIIIJoshuaHeterMurderbearA_Ron_HubbardcdriveladylarsenCodyHarris821
  • This is awesome guys. I’ll definitley be popping in. Can’t wait for the Jar Jar Binks commentary 
    Michelle
  • https://cincinnati.partyprincessproductions.com/pricing/#star-wars-package

All right, who’s with me?  Let’s get Darth and a Storm Trooper to hang with the boys for an hour. 
    I throw down some for this
    DoubleA_RonJoshuaHeter
    edited January 31
    "Light sabers are available for purchase to use during the party and for various interactive activities with the characters. The guests will keep these light sabers. The characters will then do face painting and/or balloon animals and will end by singing Happy Birthday and taking pictures with you and your guests!"

I mean.... can you picture freaking Darth Vader singing "Happy Marathon Day to you" while Aron swings a light saber like a sword and Jim gets his face painted, and balloon Ewoks floating around in front of the cameras?  YES PLEASE.

JoshuaHeterDoubleA_RonMattyWeaves
  • I'm probably not gonna stay up for 24 hours for this one, but I'll definitely watch as much as I can.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Is this happening at Hogwart's Castle?  I wonder how the shipping logistics will go down this year.  Last year people were sending pizzas, cheesecakes, snacks and all sorts of crazy shit.  Someone needs to send Jim some choice non-white socks.  Maybe merlot? (Paul Giamatti)  A.Ron should watch one episode in some flamboyant male yoga pants.  We gotta come up with ideas people!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Shum said:
    I'm probably not gonna stay up for 24 hours for this one, but I'll definitely watch as much as I can.
    You were a real hero last year. Thank you for your service! o7
    JoshuaHeterShumladylarsenNoel
    cdrive said:
    Is this happening at Hogwart's Castle?  I wonder how the shipping logistics will go down this year.  Last year people were sending pizzas, cheesecakes, snacks and all sorts of crazy shit.  Someone needs to send Jim some choice non-white socks.  Maybe merlot? (Paul Giamatti)  A.Ron should watch one episode in some flamboyant male yoga pants.  We gotta come up with ideas people!
    Yeah, our space isn't ready, but they're graciously donating their training room for us for the whole weekend. We're right next to the main entrance, and can buzz people in and out. I think the door is visible from our location, we might up up a camera or something to keep a look out. We'll have the address posted on screen, and I'll get it added to the location page ASAP.
    MichelleJoshuaHetercdrive
    The physical address of the event: 4721 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237
    MichellecdriveJoshuaHeter
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited February 1
    ^BM fam take note! Need to see some Princess Leia wigs & panettone by roy and all kinds of stuff.  No sophomore slump on Groundhog’s Day Not Actually Groundhog's Day! 
    JoshuaHeterMattyWeavesgguenotMichelle
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    edited February 1
    I've been hearing you guys talk about this for weeks (I'm excited) and not once did it cross my mind Solo and Rouge One were Star Wars movies. I thought you were going to repeat a few or something.

This is going to be awesome.

Edit: in other news, I can't spell Rogue.
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    This got me thinking, just out of curiosity how do you all watch the Star Wars movies when you do a re-watch? (not counting stand alone). I usually go: IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII, VIII.
  • kuman07 said:
    This got me thinking, just out of curiosity how do you all watch the Star Wars movies when you do a re-watch? (not counting stand alone). I usually go: IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII, VIII.
    That’s actually a pretty good way to watch. Never thought of doing it that way.
  • gguenot said:
    kuman07 said:
    That’s actually a pretty good way to watch. Never thought of doing it that way.
    I think the idea is that if you were a SW newbie you wouldn't want to step on the Vader father reveal by watching RotS before Empire.

I've seen people say to do that same order but leave ep I out completely so you go IV, V, II, III, VI
    Makes sense to just join in with Anakin as a young man since that's how it's kinda set-up by Obi-wan in ANH.

Remember, it's not actually Groundhog Day this year.
    PeggyB
    I've stocked up on coffee!  Ready to stay up for the entire 24 hrs. this time.  Last year I missed 5 hrs.  Not this time!  :)
    DoubleA_RonNoel
  • Remember, it's not actually Groundhog Day this year.
    So apparently, I can't read. I'm looking and looking and thinking "what the fuck is up with my twitch!!!" then I'm ashamed because I'm on the wrong day.  :#
    I'm totally going to be ready for next Sat and setting a calendar reminder for myself, and I will also have to donate to remove the shame from myself from having thought it was today. 
  • It’s funny cuz on TNT here in New Jersey they are having a Star Wars marathon. RTJ is on right now. 
  • Will this be available as a series of podcasts, or in another format for later?
  • Will this be available as a series of podcasts, or in another format for later?
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I look forward to joining the stream when I get home from the bar to ask stupid questions. I don’t know much about Star Wars so it should be interesting.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Man, I really want to swing by and bring them something but I am afraid that would be too weird.
    Freddy
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Man, I really want to swing by and bring them something but I am afraid that would be too weird.
    No way, they put the address out there and they're practically begging for it.
    NoelMurderbearMichellegguenotNaugustineFreddy
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Thanks @Cecily! That was kinda my thought too.
  • Noel said:
    I look forward to joining the stream when I get home from the bar to ask stupid questions. I don’t know much about Star Wars so it should be interesting.
    I can't even comprehend what you are saying.
    gguenotMurderbeardjcaudle01
  • Cecily said:
    No way, they put the address out there and they're practically begging for it.
    Way to victim blame
    MichelleJoshuaHeterCecilydjcaudle01
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @Murderbear actually - I'm sorry, I can't officially speak for them I was just making the joke that @gguenot alluded to.  I'm not trying to incite a mob while they're recording!

I'll let the guys give the officially official policy on people coming to visit...
    gguenot