Bodyguard on Netflix

edited February 3 in Other TV
Has anybody else seen Bodyguard on Netflix?  I haven't seen any kind of discussion on the forums and I just binged through it last night and it is a damn good show. Richard Madden aka Robb Stark definitely deserved his Golden Globe for best actor in a drama series.  It's only 6 episodes and has a pretty tight knit plot that keeps the suspense high and doesn't waste any time. 
MarciNoel

Comments

• lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Overall I enjoyed it, but people should be aware there are some extremely unbelievable things which happen in the final episodes, esp. if you're coming to the show with American sensibilities.
    awookiee
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 3
    I enjoyed it, in a 24 sort of way. The opening scene on the train was great. And was constantly amused how Richard Madden says ma'am. "Mum?" "Mum." "Yes, mum."

I think I had posted about it on the "what are you binging" thread but stuff tends to get buried there.
    Noel
  • MrX said:
    I enjoyed it, in a 24 sort of way. The opening scene on the train was great. And was constantly amused how Richard Madden says ma'am. "Mum?" "Mum." "Yes, mum."

I think I had posted about it on the "what are you binging" thread but stuff tends to get buried there.

I just posted a few days ago on that forum how funny it was there were news stories of Americans freaked out about the British incest show.
    MrX
  • MrX said:

It wasn't even just Richard Madden saying ma'am. It was EVERYBODY that said ma'am.  As soon as I saw him win the award for best male actor in a drama series on the Golden Globes I put it to the top of the priority list to watch.  It was far from perfect but it was very suspenseful at times and I enjoyed it quite a bit. And now that you guys mention that I do recall seeing something briefly on the "what are you binging" thread. 
    MrX
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    MrX said:

“MAM”

It took me like half the season to not focus on Richard Madden Scottish accent, I kept imitating it IRL. But I’m with you, his performance was excellent. Especially the scenes where he was struggling with his mental issues.
    awookieeMrX
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I watched the first three episodes and thought it was kind of a mess. It’s been baffling me for ages how much love this show has gotten. I normally love British dramas but this one just didn’t do it for me at all. 
    Elisa
  • Mixed feelings about this one: It felt not great. Ok to good, but not great. There were a few moments that were a bit too much to accept. However I kinda loved it. My wife and I binged it in a day. 
  • Shit. Talk about a hellvua pilot. Haven’t made my way through the series yet but the pilot had me hooked instantly
    Noel
  • to add. This was probably one of the best Pilots/first episodes I’ve ever seen. 

The first act during the train sequence was amazing. On my seat edge. This also represented everything the west believes in terms of terrorism. Immigrants and outsiders are out to kill people. 

The second act felt like a message that many people are being forced into a position of “do your duty, believe in your country, do what’s best for your country not you” 

Then the last act with the speech on the war on terror and how normal Everyday soldiers/citizens are abused was spot on. 

I’m Super interested in the subtle story they are telling outside of the main arc. I’m super intrigued to see where they go regarding the war on terrorism.