Superbowl Trailer for GOT?

Rumors were everywhere that we would get a Season 8 Trailer during the Superbowl. I am in Australia so didn't see the US adds. Did we get one?

Comments

• Well... we did get this... 

• BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    Under the rules of Trial by combat, Budweiser must now immediately cease production of Bud Light. I would say that the Mountain is finally fighting for the right side.
    TheRealCrazyDaveElisaLandscrapingdjcaudle01
  • jolissajolissa Australia
    Well... we did get this... 

Saw that, was really hoping for a Trailer.
  • jolissa said:
    Saw that, was really hoping for a Trailer.
    Well I'm still watching and waiting. There has been about 5 more medieval Bud Light commercials, but they are just poking fun at Coors and Miller for using corn syrup. 
  • Loved the GoT commercial. But it’s almost as if Budweiser has forgot that alcohol is at least as bad for you as corn syrup.
    TheRealCrazyDave
  • I really do not think we are going to get a traditional style trailer with Season footage, and i am okay with that, will really build up the anticipation.
    djcaudle01Kate23
  • BroRad33 said:
    I really do not think we are going to get a traditional style trailer with Season footage, and i am okay with that, will really build up the anticipation.
    I second this completely.  If they release a trailer for the new season I will 100% watch it, but I think I'd prefer not having any kind of actual footage trailer other than what's already been shown which is really just Sansa welcoming Daenerys to Winterfell.  
    BroRad33djcaudle01
  • I loved this stupid commercial for these reasons:

I didn't see it coming at all.  The second time I watched it I noticed the GOT theme and couldn't believe I missed it the first time.

The Dilly Dilly King has been so silly for over a year.  He's a goof ball who has people thrown in the stocks for being too picky about their Mead (but he was willing to give them Mead before they got fidgety about it).  And the dude in the stocks doesn't seem that upset about it, outside of not getting his Mead.

Him and his queen's widening eyes and looks as horror as they get the hell out of there was sooo perfect.  It loved it because it feels like what any of us would do if we found out our happy beer fantasy had just become a Martin fantasy.  Dilly Dilly just went from a cheerful daydream to the very worst manner of nightmare.

When I saw the Mountain, I had a legit jump-scare.  I mean, the Bud Knight is so chill as a mascot.  And I had the feeling he had no fucking idea what was happening and what was about to happen.  I mean, he got struck by lightning in the previous commercial and it was a joke that he was still electrified.  This poor bastard thinks he has cartoon-invulnerability.  He has no idea his head is about to be popped like a grape.

The Dragon showing up.  Yes, there was a Kraken in the previous commercial, but up till this point all of the violence and mayhem has been live action cartoons.  In the same way the visiting wine-king and queen weren't going to declare a meaningful war on Dilly Dilly for preferring beer, we all knew the Kraken wouldn't damage the ship in any meaningful way.  I feel like Drogon could have killed the Dilly Dilly King, and we would never have seen him again.

I know some people were super stoked about new footage, but I don't really want to see it.  I want every moment a surprise and don't want to spend the next two months debating the significance of the color of Cersei's belt.  In a very weird way, I think this was the absolute best commercial they could have done.

This is probably just me... but how are we not still talking about this?
    djcaudle01Underwood
  • Gjulleen...I feel like your “Dilly Dilly” remarks are passive aggressive to the LGBT community...but I can’t stop laughing so I guess that makes me just plain aggressive??? 

BTW if anyone has seen Vikings on THC, doesn’t the Dilly Dilly King look like King Eckbart?
  • Gjulleen...I feel like your “Dilly Dilly” remarks are passive aggressive to the LGBT community...but I can’t stop laughing so I guess that makes me just plain aggressive??? 

BTW if anyone has seen Vikings on THC, doesn’t the Dilly Dilly King look like King Eckbart?
    I'm sorry, I don't know how "Dilly Dilly" has anything to do with LGBT anything?

It's literally that King's catch phrase.  He holds up his beer, says "Dilly Dilly!"  the entire gathering yells back "Dilly Dilly!"

I saw something written about the brainstorm session that generated this ad campaign, and they referred to the guy as "Dilly Dilly" because of it.

Did Bud Light have some kind of inclusive advertising tie in that I missed that had Dilly Dilly as a dog-whistle or something?

• gjulleen said:
    Gjulleen...I feel like your “Dilly Dilly” remarks are passive aggressive to the LGBT community...but I can’t stop laughing so I guess that makes me just plain aggressive??? 

I'm sorry, I don't know how "Dilly Dilly" has anything to do with LGBT anything?

It's literally that King's catch phrase.  He holds up his beer, says "Dilly Dilly!"  the entire gathering yells back "Dilly Dilly!"

I saw something written about the brainstorm session that generated this ad campaign, and they referred to the guy as "Dilly Dilly" because of it.

Did Bud Light have some kind of inclusive advertising tie in that I missed that had Dilly Dilly as a dog-whistle or something?

Nope...your comment was hilarious...I was going for a piss take and must have dribbled on myself before I got it all out...but they say if you shake it 3 times or more you’re playing with it