Two Truths and a Lie (community game, join the fun!)

CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
edited February 12 in General
I saw some people doing this on another forum and thought that it might be fun to do here.  Post three statements, two of them are true and the third is a lie.  Keep in mind that most of us don't know each other well, so a statement (whether its true or a lie) like "I have a dog" doesn't really give people something to go on.

You're trying to guess the lie.  Make ony one guess at a time - if the first two guesses are wrong, obviously the third will automatically be correct.  If you guess correctly, post your own two truths and a lie and let the cycle continue until we get bored!

I'll start things off...

Comments

• 1.  I once shared a cab with Dave Grohl

2.  I met Dave Grohl before he was in Nirvana

3.  I've never been to a Foo Fighters concert

Notacult
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited February 10
    I like this. Okay, my guess is that you've never been to a Foo Fighters concert even though you and Dave Grohl are apparently best buds
    CretanBullTravis
  • I like this. Okay, my guess is that you've never been to a Foo Fighters concert even though you and Dave Grohl are apparently
    That is the lie!

1. TRUE -  My friend's band opened for Cheap Trick, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins were there.  After the show a bunch of us went to a club and Dave jumped into the front seat of the cab that I was in.

2. TRUE - Dave Grohl used to be in a band called Scream.  Way back in the day Scream were in Toronto for a few days and they needed a place to practice and they ended up setting up their gear in my friend's reharasal space.

3. LIE - Eventhough I'm not a Foo Fighter's fan, I've somehow manged to see them live 3 times.

You're up!  Post your two truths and a lie!
    MurderbearTravisNoel
    1. The first concert I ever went to was the Insane Clown Posse
    2. I have touched a great white shark in the ocean
    3. I was once brought on stage to play music with Sinbad
    Travis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm guessing #1 is a lie, just because #2 sounds so unbelievable that it *has* to be true otherwise it's the obvious lie.
    Travis
    Nope!
  • edited February 10
    1 and 3 are true, and 2 is the lie?
    Murderbear
    So #2 is the lie?  'cause we know about #3:)

MurderbearTravis
    Yeah, my first concert was ICP. I was 17 and was so excited. We even waited around after to get their autographs. Not proud of that anymore ha!
    Travis
  • 1: I've been 160mph in a car that had loose lug nuts.
    2: I've climbed 35 feet up a utility pole with climbing spikes. 
    3: The most famous person I ever met(and knew who it was) is Billy Joe Shaver, and I even asked his agent how much it would cost to perform at my wedding. 
    Travis
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited February 10
    ^ I don't want to guess because I don't want to take another turn, but I sure hope that #3 is true!

MurderbearTheRealCrazyDave
  • And I sure hope #1 is a lie!
    TheRealCrazyDave
  • ^ I don't want to guess because I don't want to take another turn, but I sure hope that #3 is true!

It most definitely is. I've seen Billy Joe 4 times live, met him 3 of those and had him sign one of his records for me. His agent told me it would cost $10,000 plus food and lodging for 4 men so I had to decline it. My whole wedding and honeymoon only cost about $3,000 so an extra $10k was a bit much! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wnrpnk9cjCztMwZj6

That should be viewable by all. 
    CretanBullTravisNoel
  • Kate23 said:
    And I sure hope #1 is a lie!
    Yeah, dad and I were only going about 120-130 with loose lug nuts in an old flat blue 72 Nova(think of the one in Deathproof) that dad had bought out of a barn when I was about 15. He worked on the engine and drained the fuel tank and put fresh fuel in, but we didn't think of checking the lug nuts. Ran up an old empty highway and had the needle buried(only went to 120) and when we got home all 20 lug nuts were loose. From that day on, I've always checked the lug nuts on every vehicle I've bought before I ever drive it. 
    Kate23Travis
  • 1. I've seen every episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter.
    2. I've had a Turkish-style bath in Istanbul. 
    3. I've snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef. 
    TheRealCrazyDaveTravis
  • ^ I don't want to guess because I don't want to take another turn, but I sure hope that #3 is true!

It most definitely is. I've seen Billy Joe 4 times live, met him 3 of those and had him sign one of his records for me. His agent told me it would cost $10,000 plus food and lodging for 4 men so I had to decline it. My whole wedding and honeymoon only cost about $3,000 so an extra $10k was a bit much! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wnrpnk9cjCztMwZj6

That should be viewable by all. 
    He's a legend!
    TheRealCrazyDave
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 11
    I feel like it will be easy to sniff out the lie. But anyways I’ll try my best. 

1. I have 4 college degrees 
    2. I once raced in an F1 going 200+ miles
    3. I’ve visited 6 out of 7 continents 
    Travis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    PeggyB said:
    1. I've seen every episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter.
    I hope #1 is the lie!
    MurderbearMichelleTravisNoelPeggyBFlukes
  • PeggyB said:
    I’m gonna guess that #3 is generic enough to be the lie.
    Travis
    Hatorian said:

Is #3 the lie?
    TravisHatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i thought this was a new a show when i saw the thread title pop up. sounds like a show title right? 'wow! have you guys seen 'Two Truths and a Lie' on Netflix? watched the first 2 episode last night, i'm digging it. Jonathan Taylor Thomas is excellent in it!'.

MurderbearTravisMichelleNoelCretanBullFlukes
  • Hatorian said:

I think it's #2. I feel like #3 is true because I know you've bounced around the world, and you seem like a dude who could have 4 degrees (super impressive, btw). I could see #2 being true (crazy but true), but by process of elimination...

PeggyB said:
    I'm going with #1, but in a "I bet everyone will think #1 is a slam dunk and move past it" kind of strategic way. 

Name drop edition!
    1. The first words Frank Black ever said to me were "hold on a minute, I have to make sure this Argentinian kid didn't slash my tires."
    2. I once used the urinal next to Chris Cornell. It was a weird situation to be mildly star struck in.
    3. I once drove Kool Keith to his hotel at 2 in the morning on a cash run. 
    Flukes
  • Chinaski said:
    i thought this was a new a show when i saw the thread title pop up. sounds like a show title right? 'wow! have you guys seen 'Two Truths and a Lie' on Netflix? watched the first 2 episode last night, i'm digging it. Jonathan Taylor Thomas is excellent in it!'.

JTT! Ha!
  • Michelle got it. 4 continents. Still missing South America, Africa and Antarctica. 
    MichelleTravisNoelMurderbear
    edited February 11
    Hatorian said:
    Michelle got it. 4 continents. Still missing South America, Africa and Antarctica. 
    You're well traveled!

Here's mine: 
    1. I briefly dated a local SF musician in the '90s whose band later became fairly well known in alternative rock.
    2. I went to beauty school after leaving junior college.
    3. My ancestral lineage can be traced to Charlemagne.
    Hatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited February 12
    Michelle said:
    Hatorian said:
    Michelle got it. 4 continents. Still missing South America, Africa and Antarctica. 
    You're well traveled!

Here's mine: 
    1. I briefly dated a local SF musician in the '90s whose band later became fairly well known in alternative rock.
    you dated someone from Third Eye Blind? insightful!

edit: Or Train :p
    DeeMichelleTravis
    edited February 12
    @Chinaski nope, neither!  But does that make #1 a lie or the truth?  Hmmmmm.......

MurderbearTravis
  • Michelle said:
    Hatorian said:
    You're well traveled!

Here's mine: 
    i feel like its 2. although if its 1 thats a pretty damn clever lie to come up with..
    TravisFlukes
    edited February 12
    #2 is the lie.  @Hatorian got it.

(To clarify about #1, his band was very local and not really well known at the time, and we only dated for like 3 weeks - super brief.  He was just a dude in SF at that time.  They did become known, but didn't become as famous as Train or 3rd Eye Blind or any other famous bands that came out of SF, so it's not as impressive as it might have sounded.)
    HatorianTravis
  • tom_gtom_g WV
    edited February 12
    Here's mine:

1. I am related to the Hatfields of the Hatfields and McCoys, and Miley Cyrus.
    2. My shoes, but only my shoes, have been on a Good Morning America segment.
    3. I am a former state Chess tournament champion.
    TravisJanel