312 - I Am Abassin Zadran

I'll bet Dee didn't snooze through this one!
Elisa

Comments

• I fear that Martha is getting murdered next week. This episode reminded viewers that Martha has parents who know of Clark's existence and possibly have photos of him and Martha together. My guess is that next episode Hans, either alone or with Elizabeth, takes Martha out. Next season Stan will probably pick up the thread and investigate her disappearance. I'll be sorry to see Martha go because the actress is so good and her storyline was among the most interesting on the show.
    steph_bElisa
  • davidjacobsdavidjacobs Portland, OR
    Here's the funny thing. I always thought it was dubious that Page could be converted to be a Soviet spy. She was born and raised an American. Even if they had gone the slow route, I really doubt, in the end, she would fully accept it. This just seems like a bad plan in general. And, for the whole program, what would you ever do with the kids because this something you can't keep secret forever. Was that why they decided, well the kids are going to have to get into the program. 

As for Martha, seems like the end of her arc. Not sure where she would go from here. Would like to see Paige go awol at the end of this season. Where is she and what is she doing? How do you explain any of this to Henry?

OR

Paige goes to Stan to users her as a double agent. yes, get into the program. Now the FBI has it own inside "man". 
    steph_bElisa
  • Martha needs to join Scientology's Sea Org. The Russians would never be able to get to her there. 

I just dont see how many seasons they can take this show without someone finding out about Elizabeth & Phillip. What then? I keep expecting at least one of them to defect and then the only thing that could keep them from execution would be to go double agent. 
    AmeliaElisa
  • The final scene was edge of your seat riveting.

The actress that plays Martha, done good!
    Elisa
  • Yeah, the Martha arc seems to have reached its end point. There might be more to gain from killing her and having Stan investigate her death and Phillip deal with the guilt. Might be even more interesting if Elizabeth kills Martha against Phillip's will.

As for Paige, there's still a lot of material there to explore and they can take it in more than one direction. My guess is that she decides to go to Russia with Elizabeth but I have no idea what happens after. The center might intervene, Pastor Tim is still a wild card...

Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @tom_g Nope, I definitely did not. Fantastic episode, reminded me why I love this show so much. I can't wait for next week!

I feel like Elizabeth is going to kill her friend's dodgy boyfriend - she needs to get him out of the way.
    Elisa
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I don't think this is the end of Martha.  Why have Philip reveal himself to her if they are just going to kill her in the next episode?  There is still a lot of story to be mined from that.  This raises a whole new set of issues, e.g., Martha is quelled for the moment, but what about when she learns of Philip's other family?  I just don't understand why Philip hasn't thought to frame someone like Gene as the mole to end the investigation.  That would be the first thing I would do.
    Ameliasteph_b
  • I don't think this is the end of Martha.  Why have Philip reveal himself to her if they are just going to kill her in the next episode?  There is still a lot of story to be mined from that.  This raises a whole new set of issues, e.g., Martha is quelled for the moment, but what about when she learns of Philip's other family? .

For one the reveal was a pretty awesome moment, one of the best in the series. I don't think Philip will tell Martha about his other family, something that might endanger his children. Plus, there's Elizabeth's reaction to consider. I think she's going to be upset when she finds out that Philip has dropped the disguise. She might decide to kill Martha to protect Philip and the family even if Philip disagrees. You're right though. They might have enough Martha story for at least another season.
    pavlovsbellElisa
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @Amelia  Yes, I shudder to imagine Elizabeth's reaction.  She is already unhappy about Martha's existence (the little eye roll / hrmff in the garage made me giggle), and now Philip has made a unilateral decision that puts all of them in more danger of exposure than before the reveal.  I think Martha is safe at least while the investigation is ongoing.  If anything happens to her, even a suicide, the FBI will investigate and question her parents.  There are too many loose ends that lead back to Clark / Philip. 
    ElisaAmelia
  • I don't expect Martha to be killed either. I'm with @pavlovsbell on that one. 
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    Finally got around to seeing this one. 

I don't know what the heck Philip is thinking. What if Martha had said okay to going away together? What was his plan? Send her along and back out at the last minute? Were it not for the Elizabeth and the kids part of the show, I'd believe that he meant all of it and revealed himself because he actually loves Martha. I think he likes some of what he gets out of that relationship, but love?

She's burned as a source, so there's no way Elizabeth or the Center will allow her to live. Only thing I can guess is that he sends her away on his own somehow. I can't make any sense of it. 
    Elisa