307 - The Final Country

13»

Comments

• calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    I've been thinking that I recognized the actor portraying Dan O'Brien, and I finally looked at his iMDB filmography today.  He portrayed Travis Wanderly, Jessica Lange's 20-something hippie-ish boyfriend in American Horror Story sesaon 1 (Murder House).  Just a little bit of info for AHS fans.
    Also at first glance it looked that the one eyed man that showed up to the book reading is Virgil from The Leftovers. Will have to check IMDB when I get the chance
    I just looked and it is!  His name is Steven Williams.  
    Right on. Glad to see he’s still getting notible work
    Michelle
  • Just writing a summary of a "this was all just a big misunderstanding" type theory:

• The Hoyts were legitimately being nice to one or both Purcell children, not grooming them for a pedo death ring.
    • Will was killed by accidentally slipping on his D&D dice.
    • Julie ran away because of her parents fighting at home, or some other reason not connected to the Hoyts.
    • Harris James went to Vegas to try to help Lucy, not to kill her. Her overdose was not murder.
    • Tom really did commit suicide.
    • Woodard/Tom were framed to try to protect the innocent Hoyts from being linked to Will's dice-slipping death.
    • Dan "Nutcracker" O'Brien's death had nothing to do with Will and Julie.
    • The car staking out Wayne's house is Becca, checking up on her dad.
    • Amelia wasn't murdered, she died from an illness/accident.
    • The documentary woman really is making a documentary, not trying to find out whether Wayne needs to be silenced.
  • edited February 2019
    @telephoneofmadness

That sounds like a lot of reverse red herrings and I feel like the vibes would be very Westworld Season 2 in that they are going to sacrifice the story at the expense of keeping the reveal a secret til the end...really hope it’s done well because we will all feel gaslit if not
    telephoneofmadness
  • @telephoneofmadness

That sounds like a lot of reverse red herrings and I feel like the vibes would be very Westworld Season 2 in that they are going to sacrifice the story at the expense of keeping the reveal a secret til the end...really hope it’s done well because we will all feel gaslit if not
    I'm scared because I think this is actually the strongest theory. That it turns out to just be Wayne and Amelia being paranoid. Not sure how I feel about this. I'm getting ready to revoke my "Best Season of True Detective" award.
    djcaudle01
  • @telephoneofmadness

I'm scared because I think this is actually the strongest theory. That it turns out to just be Wayne and Amelia being paranoid. Not sure how I feel about this. I'm getting ready to revoke my "Best Season of True Detective" award.
    Sorry, I thought you were joking with this theory.
    rustywright4telephoneofmadness
  • edited February 2019
    @telephoneofmadness

Some of it will surely be a misunderstanding, like Will’s death, but I think it’s going to be OK for one big reason, there’s no way Tom killed himself after discovering his daughters Pink Room and there’s no way they let him live knowing that he knows, if somehow they try to mess with that then it will be a shark jumping moment of epic proportions...

so hopefully the misunderstandings that were real will be used to just show how the detectives kept getting thrown off the scent, there’s a way they can do this and it still be the best season

Edit:  plus there’s no way they brought in Michael Rooker to be a kinder, gentler Merle, right.....right?....right!?!?!
  • @telephoneofmadness

Some of it will surely be a misunderstanding, like Will’s death, but I think it’s going to be OK for one big reason, there’s no way Tom killed himself after discovering his daughters Pink Room and there’s no way they let him live knowing that he knows, if somehow they try to mess with that then it will be a shark jumping moment of epic proportions...

so hopefully the misunderstandings that were real will be used to just show how the detectives kept getting thrown off the scent, there’s a way they can do this and it still be the best season

Edit:  plus there’s no way they brought in Michael Rooker to be a kinder, gentler Merle, right.....right?....right!?!?!
    Yeah I'm thinking we're somewhere in the middle: a lot of misunderstandings, but some meat on the bone. We'll get some answers Sunday, but there will be some outstanding issues - probably the feeling something larger and more sinister is at play - that will persist.
    djcaudle01
  • It’s fun to do your own detective work on IMDb to see in how many episodes are the important characters. For some, even the episode numbers are listed...but not for the real spoilery ones. 
  • gguenot said:
    @telephoneofmadness

I pardon you.
    gguenot
  • gguenot said:
    @telephoneofmadness

I pardon you.
    I'll come crawling back here if you're right ;)
    djcaudle01
  • Just writing a summary of a "this was all just a big misunderstanding" type theory:

• The Hoyts were legitimately being nice to one or both Purcell children, not grooming them for a pedo death ring.
    • Will was killed by accidentally slipping on his D&D dice.
    • Julie ran away because of her parents fighting at home, or some other reason not connected to the Hoyts.
    • Harris James went to Vegas to try to help Lucy, not to kill her. Her overdose was not murder.
    • Tom really did commit suicide.
    • Woodard/Tom were framed to try to protect the innocent Hoyts from being linked to Will's dice-slipping death.
    • Dan "Nutcracker" O'Brien's death had nothing to do with Will and Julie.
    • The car staking out Wayne's house is Becca, checking up on her dad.
    • Amelia wasn't murdered, she died from an illness/accident.
    • The documentary woman really is making a documentary, not trying to find out whether Wayne needs to be silenced.
    You weren’t far off on this. Nice work.