MLB 2019

Comments

• A message from the future Angels locker room, after today's game. Turns out Springsteen will be there and he loves it when the Angels defeat the A's.

ChinaskiMichelleNoelcdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Travis said:
    A message from the future Angels locker room, after today's game. Turns out Springsteen will be there and he loves it when the Angels defeat the A's.

Related image
    TravisMichelleNoel
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2019
    Hey man, it was the boss. Not me. I don't speak to people like that, but that dude is a loose cannon. I actually don't like being around him. Feels dangerous. DO NOT do mescaline with that guy. 
    MichelleChinaski
  • Noel said:
    Five in a row baby!
    You're not so special, the Jays have also gone 5 in a row.   Oh...you meant winning.  Right, ok then.
    TravisMichelleChinaskiNoel
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Travis said:
    A message from the future Angels locker room, after today's game. Turns out Springsteen will be there and he loves it when the Angels defeat the A's.

Dear Bruce:

(I can't stand that guy.)

TravisChinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2019
    I get that, but please be careful what you say. He's all "eh hrn my father was a closed down factory and the streets are deserted and I drive in a car, er-hoo America" guy when the cameras can find him but dude gets crazy. I saw him eat a man. He ate him! His name was Dave, and he was nice.
    Michelle
    Michelle said:
    Travis said:

Dear Bruce:

(I can't stand that guy.)

haha that's one of my fav Friends eps. 'PIVOT!!!'
    TravisMichelle
    Travis said:
    I get that, but please be careful what you say. He's all "eh hrn my father was a closed down factory and the streets are deserted and I drive in a car, er-hoo America" guy when the cameras can find him but dude gets crazy. I saw him eat a man. He ate him! His name was Dave, and he was nice.
    Come at me, Bruce!

Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2019
    Good luck. Don't say I didn't warn you. Hopefully he isn't drunk yet... shit 4:25. That ship sailed. Hopefully he won't do those salts he keeps talking about.
    ChinaskiMichelle
    edited June 2019
    Chinaski said:
    haha that's one of my fav Friends eps. 'PIVOT!!!'
    (Edit: I changed my photo, 'cause ew. lol)

ChinaskiTravis
    ugh! now i have stupid Dancing in the Dark stuck in my head. well played @Travis, well played :|

TravisMichelle
  • Chinaski said:
    ugh! now i have stupid Dancing in the Dark stuck in my head. well played @Travis, well played :|

Ha! I love it!
    goodness! Chapman is becoming MLB’a Dominique Wilkins with his D! human highlight film!
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    goodness! Chapman is becoming MLB’a Dominique Wilkins with his D! human highlight film!
    He's amazingness.  Definitely the biggest snub of the All-Star voting.
    edited June 2019
    Do you think Anderson will be pitching in the 4th?  I'm calling for a change!

Edit: OMG this bottom of the 3rd.  :angry:  Ok, they just pulled him but grrrr, I hate that they wait so long.  It's 7-1 now!  
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Houston losing and Angels-A’s in a battle. This is the good stuff.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2019
    No on can stop Griffin Canning*! He put that win... in the can... and sealed it? Yes. I executed that braggery well.

* 3 our of each 7 times he plays. The other 4 he is apparently quite stoppable.

Today's starter is unscheduled, so you know it's good news. Look out!

On a more serious note: Luis Rengifo is like the opposite of Orlando Cabrera. Every time I would watch Cabrera play or check a box score he was always an "0 for" and never did anything productive, yet somehow he would always be hitting .300 with pretty decent stuff going on. From the day to day, whenever I check it looks like Rengifo should be hitting like .450 with ~65 RBI. Crazy that he's only at ~.250. Weird how stuff like that works.
  • A future message from tonight's Angels locker room tonight after we inevitably lose (a little overdue).

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Noel said:
    Houston losing and Angels-A’s in a battle. This is the good stuff.

TravisNoelChinaski
    Travis said:
    A future message from tonight's Angels locker room tonight after we inevitably lose (a little overdue).

thee old reverse devil tongue trick eh (i can we ‘eh’, i was kinda Canadian for 2 weeks)?. not today friend. 
    Travis
    Looking a lot better tonight!  5-0 right now, let's keep it going!

Chinaski
    edited June 2019
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Matt Olson's back!  :heart:  There is a glimmer of hope.
    lookit that! yes!! ever since i found out that his nickname was Olley i cant help but sing some Morris Day and The Time - Jungle Love when he comes to mind . 'OLLEY OH WE OH!'

'OLLEY OH WE OH!'

edit: if his walk up is ever that. you can thank me  B)
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Matt Olson's back!  :heart:  There is a glimmer of hope.
    lookit that! yes!! ever since i found out that his nickname was Olley i cant help but sing some Morris Day and The Time - Jungle Love when he comes to mind . 'OLLEY OH WE OH!'

'OLLEY OH WE OH!'

edit: if his walk up is ever that. you can thank me  B)
    Oh, he so has to now!  I can totally see it!

Speaking of walk up music, it kills me that Ohtani walks up to the Game of Thrones theme music.  I don't know what's better (worse?), that or the Pina Colada song. :lol:
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    You need to see this. Honestly speaking if you don’t give this a go I’ll be disappointed in you. https://twitter.com/donzemmer/status/1144463706790584325?s=21
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited June 2019
    Baseball in London! They got to see Tanaka and Porcello both knocked out in the first inning!
    Chinaski
    MrX said:
    Baseball in London! They got to see Tanaka and Porcello both knocked out in the first inning!
    oh snap! i totally forgot about that. good looking out. just tuned in and i'm digging how London Stadium looks as an MLB ballpark. that foul territory is insane!
    dang, the Yanks are crushing.

any idea what the attendance is? looks packed.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Chinaski said:
    dang, the Yanks are crushing.

any idea what the attendance is? looks packed.
    Stadium capacity is 60,000 if I remember correctly.
    edited June 2019
    good day for Matt Chapman.. another HR and selected to his first ASG as a reserve.

edit: HR, Triple, Double, 6 RBI's. have yourself a day Chappy!
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    good day for Matt Chapman.. another HR and selected to his first ASG as a reserve.

edit: HR, Triple, Double, 6 RBI's. have yourself a day Chappy!
    Such a superstar athlete and teammate and so down to earth.  I love that guy!
    Chinaski