Michelle said:
    Dear Junis,

Can you please *not* bean our best guy in the head with a fastball? :angry:

Sincerely,
    A's fans everywhere
    really hope he's ok. super unfortunate :(
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    So apparently the Royals' plan to win games is for their SP to just start hitting guys with pitches?  I think I counted 3 so far this morning, maybe just 2?  Still, 2 too many!
    Chinaski
  •  Michelle said:
    So apparently the Royals' plan to win games is for their SP to just start hitting guys with pitches?  I think I counted 3 so far this morning, maybe just 2?  Still, 2 too many!

Is this considered a "non-A's" post since it only mentions the Royals? :p
    MichelleChinaskiTravis
     Michelle said:

Is this considered a "non-A's" post since it only mentions the Royals? :p
    Well............ technically it was A's batters who were hit so NO.  lol :tongue:
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    Really impressed with Seth Brown so far!
    hope he keeps it up into September. crushing it today with 4 hits!
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    They interviewed him on the postgame show the other night.  He seems like a geniunely nice guy who just wants to play good ball with a good team, so I hope he sticks around and continues to shine!
    Chinaski
    edited August 2019
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    They interviewed him on the postgame show the other night.  He seems like a geniunely nice guy who just wants to play good ball with a good team, so I hope he sticks around and continues to shine!
    he's 3 for 3 today and he didn't even start! 7 for his last 8! on that note.. smashing the Yanks again.. this time in the Bonx!
    Michelle
  • Manaea's back, baby! :smile:
    We've been waiting forever for this!
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Verlander with his 3rd career no hitter. Special day. That was cool to hear on the radio driving back from the country. 
    MichelleNoelmylifeaskirkChinaski
  • Summing up the last few innings of today’s game once the bullpen took over:

If I were Manaea I’d have some strong words ready for BoMel, Diekman, & especially Trivino.
    Chinaski
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 2019
    Oakland may be way better than the Angels at baseball, but the Angels are way better at saying they're from cities that they are nowhere near. So suck on that! The Angels are #1!*

*in "longest distance from the city they claim to represent." 
    Chinaski
    edited September 2019
    i was on my way to Vegas watching at the airport when the Yankees walked off on the A's on Saturday, and in Vegas at a sports bar having a liquid lunch when they did it again on Sunday :#. i'm at wits end with Treinen and Trivino this year!
    Michelle
  • Can’t believe (I can) the Mets bullpen gave up a 10-4 lead in the bottom of the 9th. Now the Nats are coming in here with big-time momentum for a gigantic 3-gamer for division supremacy heading down the stretch. 

We need to get Acuña right. This is his first full season in the majors and he’s very clearly exhausted. The Bravos have a pretty deep lineup even without him in it, so I wouldn’t mind them giving him and handful of days off.
    mylifeaskirk
    edited September 2019
    Chinaski said:
    i was on my way to Vegas watching at the airport when the Yankees walked off on the A's on Saturday, and in Vegas at a sports bar having a liquid lunch when they did it again on Sunday :#. i'm at wits end with Treinen and Trivino this year!
    You were in Vegas???  I'm so jealous! :tongue:

The score is looking good so far.  Let's hope the bullpen can keep it together tonight!
    Chinaski
  • Can’t believe (I can) the Mets bullpen gave up a 10-4 lead in the bottom of the 9th.
    Sounds like Oakland's Sunday.  I  feel ya!
    edited September 2019
    Omg here we freaking go. :angry:

Edit: nm, our lineup's pulling it back around! :star:
    Chinaski
    Holy my goodness! Seth f'n Brown!!
  • Chinaski said:
    Holy my goodness! Seth f'n Brown!!
    This guy's a star.  Just give him all the money.
    Chinaski
  • Can we teach guys how to count pitches?  lol
    Chinaski
  • I want to enter the prize patrol!  Stupid Humboldt County being so far away.  :confused:
    love that the Matt's always go out of their way to come together after a win and give eachother props. #bff's
    Michelle
    edited September 2019
    Chinaski said:
    love that the Matt's always go out of their way to come together after a win and give eachother props. #bff's
    Totally! #dreamteam

I love watching Stomper wave the A's flag on the field after a win. :smiley:
    edited September 2019
    Oh, this postgame show.  Watching the whitest of middle aged white guys say "true dat"  next to Shooty Babbitt after a whole bunch of other slang.  I wonder if Shooty's sitting there thinking "man, are you kidding me???"  :lol:
    Chinaski
    whoa! just saw what happened to Springer in Milwaukee. shit, really hope he's ok. always makes my stomach turn when i see athletes get hurt like that.
  • Chinaski said:
    whoa! just saw what happened to Springer in Milwaukee. shit, really hope he's ok. always makes my stomach turn when i see athletes get hurt like that.
    I just looked it up.  Yikes.  That's always scary to see injuries, but especially head injuries of any kind.

• @Chinaski who was that guy hosting with Shooty last night?  I don’t think I’ve seen him before.
    Michelle said:
    @Chinaski who was that guy hosting with Shooty last night?  I don’t think I’ve seen him before.
    that's Jim Kozimor. he's a little vanilla,  but he's cool. i know him from 95.7 FM The Game.
    Michelle
  • Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    @Chinaski who was that guy hosting with Shooty last night?  I don’t think I’ve seen him before.
    that's Jim Kozimor. he's a little vanilla,  but he's cool. i know him from 95.7 FM The Game.
    Oh ok, thanks.  He just seemed like he was trying to be super cool & use the words 'the kids today use'.  When he said "true dat" I almost lost it.  I was like, you're like 50 years old - what are you doing??? haha  I kept waiting to see Shooty roll his eyes. :tongue:
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    No Astros game tonight but I still MLB’d. Went to this partner’s event that let us tour behind scenes and get on the field at MMP!  Being in the dugout was prrretty prrrretty pretty cool. 
    MichelleChinaskiTravisNoel
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Oh ok, thanks.  He just seemed like he was trying to be super cool & use the words 'the kids today use'.  When he said "true dat" I almost lost it.  I was like, you're like 50 years old - what are you doing??? haha  I kept waiting to see Shooty roll his eyes. :tongue:
    haha shout out @Dee for bringing this gif to my attention. but it's def appropriate.

Image result for im hip gif
    MichelleTravisNoel