March Madness 2019 signup now

edited March 2 in General
Anybody setting up a Bald Move March Madness pool this year? Any interest among other members? 

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited February 24
    I’m in. Just got back from my UH Coogs home game getting the dub going 26-1. Gonna be at next weekend’s home game too!  
    NaugustineTravis
  • ... can this get us a commissioned podcast like the fantasy football league?

Can the commission be basketball related?

I’d love to hear Bald Move’s take on Hoosiers.
    Naugustine
  • edited February 24
    ... can this get us a commissioned podcast like the fantasy football league?

Can the commission be basketball related?

I’d love to hear Bald Move’s take on Hoosiers.
    I like that idea but that would be up to @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard and would require a buyin if they are game. 
  • Doubtful it would have a commissioned prize but I’m in for bragging right. 
    Naugustine
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i’d be down! 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Gonna suck if we don’t have Zion in the tournament
  • MichaelMichael Virginia
    WAHOO WA! GO HOOS! I’m in if it’s a thing. 
    Got some Cougar pride watching ESPN Game Day live at UH’s fancy new Fertitta Center. Chilling on the couch now but then getting picked up going to Astral Brewing for some pregaming then ubering to the game. Stoked! WHOOOOOOOSE HOUSE!? COOOOOOOOGS HOUSE!

I signed up for the BM bracket too so I’m ready. 
    Naugustine
  • I’m thinking my Jayhawks are probably going to be an early exit this year for sure 
    OSU Cowboys playing them tough right now.  What’s with $1M lawsuit thing? 
  • cdrive said:
    OSU Cowboys playing them tough right now.  What’s with $1M lawsuit thing? 
    That was such an ugly W. 

Apparently they are suing 3 former adidas people for cost of legal fees and the cost of scholarships for 2 ineligible players 
    Boys down 4 and I’m dying! 
    cdrive said:
    blame Master P for that.
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    blame Master P for that.
    My buddies went up for the next beer round and came back saying they bumped into Master P. And I was like pfffft na-nah na-nah.

yeah they had everyone there to taste that unfortunate loss:
    Hakeem
    Elvin Hayes
    Master P
    Warren Moon
    Carl Lewis
    Case Keenum

Chinaski
  • Im in,, GO TERPS!
  • Or should I say Fear the Turtle 
    adobo1148 said:
    Or should I say Fear the Turtle 
    I believe it’s Cowabunga, dude? 
    Chinaski
    after just listening to Lunch i really hope the guys partake!  :D
    TravisPangs
  • This will be fun.  I'm in.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I think I'll play as well.

If Jordan Bone keeps playing like he did when TN blasted KY Saturday my Vols will make a deep tourney run. 

How many people think Zion will never lace them up for Duke again?  I'm convinced he's already shut it down for the draft and Duke keeps stringing along his injury news and possible return so they will still get a 1 seed.  They'll be out early without him.
  • I think he's done enough in terms of proving his draft status.  There's no reason for Zion to get back on the court other than the fun of playing in the tournaments.
    Pangs said:
    I think he's done enough in terms of proving his draft status.  There's no reason for Zion to get back on the court other than the fun of playing in the tournaments.
    No argument there, I'm just wondering when that news breaks so Duke gets declassified from a 1 seed as they should if he's not playing.  They are a 3 seed at best without him. 
    Pangs
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 5
    Pretty interesting analysis here - ranks coaches since 2000 on their performance in the Tournament vs expectation (you can sort by performance vs. Ken Pomeroy rating or seed expectations). As a UNC fan I'm happy to see that good ol' Roy is number 1 ... and Coach K is all the way down near 350. Part of that is because Duke is often seeded/rated very high so it's hard to perform to those expectations, but it's not like the Heels aren't usually getting a high ranking either. Duke is tied w/ UNC for the most titles since 2000 (3) - not sure how heavily that weighs into the calculation. Duke definitely has a decent amount of exits at or before the Sweet 16 in more recent history and that has to hurt their standing.

Top ten is a pretty solid list. And in dead last is poor UVA coach Tony Bennett ... losing to a 16 as a 1 will do that!

http://barttorvik.com/cgi-bin/ncaat.cgi?type=coach&sort=1&yrlow=2000&yrhigh=2018
    Pangs
    MrX said:

Top ten is a pretty solid list. And in dead last is poor UVA coach Tony Bennett ... losing to a 16 as a 1 will do that!

http://barttorvik.com/cgi-bin/ncaat.cgi?type=coach&sort=1&yrlow=2000&yrhigh=2018
    UVA can't score.  I know they are better this year on offense, but you aren't going to win the tourney if you can't score more than 60 points.
  • Brackets are revealed Sunday night, don’t forget to sign up 
    Pangs
  • I watched Yale v Harvard earlier today, so I think I know everything I need to know about hoops.  Now I can successfully create a bracket that gets busted by day 3.
    Travis
    All right....got my bracket filled out.   :#
    TravisPangs
  • Pangs said:
    I watched Yale v Harvard earlier today, so I think I know everything I need to know about hoops.  Now I can successfully create a bracket that gets busted by day 3.
    Dammit, you beat me to the joke. I was going to say that I listened to One Shining Podcast this morning so now I know everything there is to know about NCAAB without watching a literal minute this year. Feel free to delete your brackets now and hand me a giant trophy, and a giant tv, and a helicopter.
    Pangs
    I wanna check out everyone's brackets but I have to wait 3 more days!  :s