Phillip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" (Teaser) (BBC)

Call me a godless heathen, but I think it looks kinda good. Great casting as well. But I do gotta wonder, where are all the damn Daemons?

Also, kinda off topic side note. All you A Song of Ice and Fire Fans (I am one!) got nothing on waiting for the next installment, compared to us His Dark Material fans. 
From book announcement in 2003-2005, to being split into a trilogy with the first part coming out near the end of 2017, and still waiting for the second part... well, let's just say it's been rough! Over a decade, my god. 

ElisaKate23

Comments

• YES!!! I saw the little teaser in the HBO "Coming this year" before True Detective tonight and about jumped out our my seat! Looks like it is going to do the series justice on screen.. we can finally put that Golden Compass failure behind us. Now off to start a re-read and get the hype train rolling
    Elisa
  • I think they're still filming so they probably haven't gotten to the CGI yet; I wouldn't think they could do this show without Daemons. Then again, it would be super expensive for every character to have an animated sidekick. I'd guess adults will probably use real animals as much as possible. The official twitter account, especially some tweets from Jack Thorne, imply that they will be there. Jack Thorne (the writer) tweeted "This cast are truly sensational, bear with us for everything else (we promise we are not monkeying around)".
    Elisa
  • I wonder if this show will be covered on BMTV, it's literally a series about destroying god, it's too perfect. lol. 
  • Considering the source material, cast, and that it's co-produced by and airing on HBO (and has already been picked up for a 2nd season), I would say it seems like a solid candidate to get some coverage.
  • Just glancing at some stills I thought, "Wow, they got Morgan Freeman for this?" No, they got Clarke fuckin' Peters.  I'm extremely excited to see what becomes of it.
    Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited May 17
    New teaser - really digging the look of this series. HBO is looking strong post- Game of Thrones this year

awookieeGanElisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Sweet. HBO made The Golden Compass into Game of Thrones, polar bear and all. I'm ready.
    MrX
  • Love the new trailer. Cant wait to watch the show, by all accounts its much more faithful to the books and its critique on religion is not neutered. 
    MrXElisa
  • I loved these books when I was a kid. Anybody know how they're planning to do the show? Is the first "season" supposed to cover The Golden Compass and then subsequent seasons would be the other books? Any rumor on a release date?