Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Damn, that ring is up to 3.5k.  It's just sterling silver!  You could have this ring custom made as a replica for a fraction of that.  $75 for the fish sign sounds about right.
    Travis
  • @Jim Yeah that'd be a really cool holster to have, and the fact that it's for a Glock actually makes it quite versatile.

@A_Ron_Hubbard Yeah I figured that ring would go for over $2k but to be at $3.5k so early is impressive. 
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    I want Tim :)
    Jim
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    ghm3 said:

@Jim Yeah that'd be a really cool holster to have, and the fact that it's for a Glock actually makes it quite versatile.

@A_Ron_Hubbard Yeah I figured that ring would go for over $2k but to be at $3.5k so early is impressive. 
    I would imagine a big part of the high price is that there haven't been too many shows set in the south for old southern money to buy props from.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Freddy said:

ghm3 said:

@Jim Yeah that'd be a really cool holster to have, and the fact that it's for a Glock actually makes it quite versatile.

I would imagine a big part of the high price is that there haven't been too many shows set in the south for old southern money to buy props from.
    Yeah that's a good point, there have been very few shows set in that region. I think it's also largely just a thing for rich people to be able to show their friends and be like, "this is the [enter item here] from the show." Even disregarding old southern money, I could still see random millionaire banker/broker guy in Manhattan showing off the horseshoe ring to his friends at their local bar, a few grand being nothing to him for the privilege. 

Ha, even the name plate is up to $2100 with less than a day left on the auction, that's kinda amazing for a little piece of plastic. 
    They'd be disappointed if they flashed that ring to Jim. "That's from what now? Justified? Who wore it again?"
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard Hah, this reminds me of something I've been pondering more lately. I've been slowly mapping this through out the last year or so of podcasts and forum posts, but I'd like to see (and I think others too maybe) a Venn diagram of you and Jim's tastes in shows/movies/etc. Not to distill it too greatly but I chalk you up to more appreciating the slow burn dramas (The Wire, The Sopranos, Justified, etc.) and him more the zombie action stuff, with Game of Thrones being a sweet peanut butter chocolate-y core of those two things melding together evenly. 

And yes I'm on my forth scotch so excuse the silly topic/grammatical errors.
    Travis
    That would be an interesting venn diagram.  We're also polar opposites when it comes to lore.  I can't get enough of deep backstory, be it Warhammer, JRRT, GRRM, Magic The Gathering, Star Wars, Destiny, I just can't help but fall into a rabbit hole, where as Jim does not give two fucks about any of that. And I couldn't even tell you why.  He's a deep old file, that Jim.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited April 2015
    Magic: The Gathering has one of the coolest fantasy universes out there. It's a damn shame that the game has the "nerd" stigma attached to it; so many people don't know what they're missing.