Actors Slumming It

Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
edited March 6 in General
Somewhat self-explanatory but basically a thread dedicating to discussing prominent actors who have decided to appear in movies far below their talent level for seemingly inexplicable reasons. 

Let’s start with the reason I created this thread: Harrison Ford, yes that Harrison Ford, who has finally decided to hit the animated movie scene with........The Secret Life of Pets 2?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Pets_2
Travis

Comments

• Nifty thread idea! About to run out of my office, but I like this. Gonna give it some thought.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Let’s begin by asking ourselves: Why would Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Rick Deckard even; deign to contribute his massive talents to this of all movies? It’s not the best animated movie this year, it’s probably bottom 5 even. Is he behind on taxes? Does he owe someone a favor? Does he just really like talking dogs???
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    What's not to understand? I mean, look at what The Secret Life of Pets did for Louis CK and Kevin Hart.
    Alkaid13bennytube
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Brad Pitt is the weather guy on The Jim Jeffries' Show on Comedy Central.
    Travis
    Oh no, please don’t let this be the precursor to the downfall of Harrison Ford. 
    Maybe the man has just become less curmudgeonly in his old age? Nah that doesn’t sound right. 
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    How about Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley in Uwe Boll's hideously awful video game movie Bloodrayne?
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    or Sir Anthony Hopkins in whatever Transformers crap came out most recently
    MurderbearTravis
  • I think what happens sometimes is that early on in their career some producer or director bends over backwards and gives them a shot but they basically say “you owe me one and I’ll call it in one day”
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Let’s begin by asking ourselves: Why would Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Rick Deckard even; deign to contribute his massive talents to this of all movies? It’s not the best animated movie this year, it’s probably bottom 5 even. Is he behind on taxes? Does he owe someone a favor? Does he just really like talking dogs???
    I’m going to chose to believe they let him voice act from his ranch in Wyoming so he figured why not take the check?
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Movie 43. Just Google the cast and RT..
    Frakkin TNoel
  • Brad Pitt is the weather guy on The Jim Jeffries' Show on Comedy Central.
    This is awesome to me. Wasn’t he the big Panda in some if the old Jackass stuff? Seems like he’s got a, “Fuck it. I’ve got a few hours to kill” streak
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited March 6
    Brad Pitt is the weather guy on The Jim Jeffries' Show on Comedy Central.
    This is awesome to me. Wasn’t he the big Panda in some if the old Jackass stuff? Seems like he’s got a, “Fuck it. I’ve got a few hours to kill” streak
    I had to Google this and watch it and it’s fucking great. It would be great if they have a sketch where he is fired again and is replaced by Leo DiCap who holds the same climate change belief. 
    Murderbear
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Al Pacino in the gripping film that was Jack and Jill made my soul want to jump into a well and not want to be rescued..

Hatorian
  • Jennifer Jason Leigh in Atypical on Netflix (tv show, not movie, but it was the first thing that sprung to mind)
  • My favorite reason given for an actor slumming was Bill Murray's explanation of "Garfield":
    "I didn’t make that for the dough! Well, not completely. I thought it would be kind of fun, because doing a voice is challenging, and I’d never done that. Plus, I looked at the script, and it said, “So-and-so and Joel Coen.” And I thought: Christ, well, I love those Coens! They’re funny. So I sorta read a few pages of it and thought, Yeah, I’d like to do that." ...
    "Finally, I went out to L.A. to record my lines. And usually when you’re looping a movie, if it takes two days, that’s a lot. I don’t know if I should even tell this story, because it’s kind of mean. [beat] What the hell? It’s interesting. So I worked all day and kept going, “That’s the line? Well, I can’t say that.” And you sit there and go, What can I say that will make this funny? And make it make sense? And I worked. I was exhausted, soaked with sweat, and the lines got worse and worse. And I said, “Okay, you better show me the rest of the movie, so we can see what we’re dealing with.” So I sat down and watched the whole thing, and I kept saying, “Who the hell cut this thing? Who did this? What the fuck was Coen thinking?” And then they explained it to me: It wasn’t written by that Joel Coen."

Alkaid13Kate23Chinaski
  • edited March 6
    Robert DeNiro in Brazil. I don't consider it slumming but.... weird.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Samantha Morton in The Walking Dead. 
    bazjenster
    the cast of Sherlock Gnomes..

• Chinaski said:
    Al Pacino in the gripping film that was Jack and Jill made my soul want to jump into a well and not want to be rescued..

Jack and Jill gave us this insane fake Dunkin Donuts commercial

Vince Vaughn has been and is in a bunch of janky shit.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    MrX said:
    Chinaski said:

Dunka dunka dunka dunka..,that’s too funny. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    MrX said:
    Chinaski said:

Is it really a fake commercial if Dunkin Donuts paid to have it there
  • Chinaski said:
    Vince Vaughn has been and is in a bunch of janky shit.
    I mean but he's not a good actor.