The Worst Moment in A.Ron's Mario Career

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
This happened on the stream last night, and it's slayed every time I've watched it. Which is into the high teens now.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/391836193
Alkaid13darwinfeeshygguenotFreddytelephoneofmadness

Comments

• kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Yikes. Talk about being a selfish lover.
    A_Ron_Hubbardasmallcat
  • In my youth that would have ended up in some kind of altercation with someone getting injured and the console being taken away for a week. Seeing that it just ended up with laughing I guess this is adulting in video gaming.
    A_Ron_HubbardCory
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    I feel like Nintendo has to know by now that multiplayer Mario games actually encourage trolling more than cooperation but they can’t market them as “be a total asshole to your friends and loved ones”. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • MichelleMichelle California
    So, I saw this when it happened and, as a non-Mario player, I didn't understand what happened.  Someone help please?
    A_Ron_Hubbardtelephoneofmadness
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Saw it "live" just now. You were floundering in the level before that, then you made this brilliant SCREEN CROSS to snatch it up. Then the perfect timing of the other one due to you STAYING on the bug's back, which you were never doing before. My eyes are watering.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited March 7
    Michelle said:
    So, I saw this when it happened and, as a non-Mario player, I didn't understand what happened.  Someone help please?
    So Cecily was regular Mario, one hit and she's dead AND she lacked the gliding ability the acorn suit grants that's honestly clutch in these kind of aerial levels. Taking the acorns does nothing to help me, it just prevents her from having it. Obviously, that would be a dick move.

So the first time I grab the acorn I'm just being absent minded, and I forget she's still small fry, but that happens. Then, I heroically go for the last two red coins, really to try and make  up for my transgression, which will grant Cecily a bonus acorn. But in saving myself from these heroics I accidentally crossed over at the exact moment the score was dropping to her, stealing it from her AGAIN.

Then I was laughing so hard from that I was basically not even playing, and the natural rising from the flying beetle bug caused me to steal the third acorn, my forth for the level. Like, if I had set out with the explicit goal to fuck her over on acorns I couldn't have done a better job. I did not set out with that goal, but you never know what Judge Todd is going to say in court.

The thing that sells it is we're both kind of passively good enough at the game that we live through it all. That's a pretty hairy level. Although, the defense would like to assert that her reflexive bubbling during the red coins fiasco was indefensible, and was as much the reason for her lack of acorns as anything the defendant did.
    MichelletelephoneofmadnessKate23Noelnstinson
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    Are there any relationship councilors in the Bald Move community? asking for a friend...
    MurderbearMichelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Thanks @A_Ron_Hubbard!  Now that I understand, holy crap, amazing.  lol
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    I imagine someone has already suggested 3D World as a follow up to U but I’m just going to throw my vote in for that. The potential for stereoscopic shenanigans is abundant. 
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Shit like that playing 2 player Contra would get controllers thrown! But 3 times in a row!?!?  :D
    In some order we're going to be playing through New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Kart 8 / Ultimate, and Mario World 3D. 3D is the only one we haven't 100% beat, there were two unlockable bonus levels that we've spend about 10 hours trying to beat to no avail. We'll probably put up a vote for which one to do next when we get within sight of completing this one. Glad people are having fun with it, we certainly are.
    cdrive said:
    Shit like that playing 2 player Contra would get controllers thrown! But 3 times in a row!?!?  :D
    Yeah, someone stealing 3 spread guns in a row would actually lead to bloodshed in my neighborhood.
    cdrive
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Did the Hubbard family ever buy a Nintendo Switch? Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey alone made it worth it for us.

• People always say that it's violent games like Doom that make people violent. It isn't. It's Mario.
    A_Ron_HubbardMichelleFlukesnstinson