Amer. Gods S2E1 Available

I don’t know if it’s an accident or if they meant to release it this morning but Starz sent me an e-mail with a “Stream Now” link, I followed it and now I’m 10 minutes into the episode...

No idea how the mythology is going to play out but at least for the first few minutes it has been super hilarious and well written, some people might not like a slower paced ride along viewing but with some of the jokes  i’ve seen so far, and I know this is super early, I could see this season being very fun, and à la true detective season three, I’m really starting to not care about a potential shaggy dog ending, if it has been a fun ride along
Elisacdrive

Comments

• Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up!
    djcaudle01Elisa
  • edited March 10
    Reni said:
    Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up!
    Looks like you have to have the App...that’s a tricky little game to get people to invest...of course with AG’s and Counterpart and some others, IMO it’s worth it...
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I believe starz makes shows available at midnight on its app and on their website. 
    djcaudle01Jovial_Falcon
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    We have Starz through Amazon video, and we get their Sunday night new releases dropped on Sunday morning  and it'sadvertised as being available on the Amazon Fire front page. They've been doing this for a couple of years now, at least with their big flagship shows like Outlander and American Gods 
    djcaudle01
  • It was the same way with Ash vs Evil Dead. I would watch the new episodes at 12:30 am every Sunday. Love that they do that. No waiting. Watch when you want all day of new release.
    djcaudle01
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    The season premiere was ok. 
    I do enjoy the setting of HOTR. I first went there when I was 9 in 1977. I was blown away I remember I couldn’t tell enough people about it. I went a second time when I was a teen and I still was in awe. There is a mechanical music machine with automatronic characters called The Mikado that takes up a whole room.  

https://youtu.be/B9HeaddNiqU

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I really enjoyed the premiere of episode 2.  Lots of dreamscapes and fantasy, plus a lot of character moments.  I was so glad to see them spot light a lot more of the old gods.
  • With all the screwing around that's been going on with this show (Fuller quitting and a bunch of shit after that) I was a bit nervous about this, but -after one episode- I have to say it looks like they managed to keep the show on the same level. The visuals are stunning and each character, no matter how small the role, is super memorable and unique. And it's so fucking funny! The term "rabbit racist" makes me laugh just thinking about it now.
    djcaudle01Elisa
  • Reni said:
         And it's so fucking funny! The term "rabbit racist" makes me laugh just thinking about it now.
    Wednesday using the wind to blow Sweeny’s cigarette back onto him was hilarious, especially his “chuckling under breath”, there’s so much of Al Swearengen in Wednesday, especially when Al “accidentally” curses and puts his fingers over his lips as if he just burped in front of the Queen herself

oh yeah and...fuck the reviews, I think it’s looking like they are trying to self fulfill their prophecy of this being a bad season...I’m sorry but if you think this was a bad episode of Peak TV then I don’t know what you’re looking for in life...perfection I guess...I’ll settle for satisfaction...and this was extremely satisfying...
    ElisaReni
  • @djcaudle01 It got bad reviews? Wow, I mean it's not a perfect show, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. I never look up this stuff because I feel like it could spoil it for me. I hope Aron & Cecily cover it though (and I bet they had fun with it!)
    Elisa
  • I really enjoyed this first episode. The Carousel is probably one of the most memorable moments in the book, and they did a good job of translating (what is a very tough scene to translate) from the book to the screen. My views on season one were overall rather mixed, but I'd definitely advise any fans of the book who may have had one foot out of the series to watch S2E1. They've hooked me back in for now, anyway.
    Elisa
  • The quality level is pretty much the same as season 1 IMO.
    Elisa
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited March 13
    I largely enjoyed the premiere. The House on the Rock was great. I’d only ever read about it in the book but hadn’t seen any visuals. That place is insane.

Banter was really good too. I’m really hoping that as things ramp up we still get some of the Salim-not-Salim, Laura, and Mad Sweeney road show. Some of my favorite bits from season 1 was when they were together.

I haven’t been following the press, so I didn’t realize there was anything to worry about.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yes!!!  Cecily and ARon covering S2. Listening to the poddie. It’s gold. 
    telephoneofmadnessDaveyMac
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited March 14
    Just adding my two cents on the podcast.
    the carousel is separate from the house at the House On The Rock. The guy who built the house collected a lot of stuff. The carousel is in a giant building below the house with the other stuff.

The Black Briar is in Virginia. It is a hotel I think but it has a Underground vault for high end people to go in case of a zombie apocalypse or something. Only reason I know this because the Fallout 76 people had a event there to promote the game there.
    DaveyMac
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited March 15
    Yeah that was a really enjoyable podcast. So glad they are covering the show again!

I really hope the show maintains at least this quality, despite all the trouble behind the scenes. I love the source material and really want it to succeed.
    Elisa
  • edited March 15
    Americans Gods has been picked up for a third season and apparently will have a new show runner too
    ElisaDaveyMac
  • Yeah Neil Gaiman just tweeted about it. Hopefully this one sticks.
    https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1106681997013995520?s=21
    Elisa
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    After all I read about the production this season, I didn’t expect the first episode to be so good. Hoping it doesn’t fall off a cliff.

Glad they’re covering this season.
    ElisaDaveyMac
  • DaveyMac said:
    Yeah Neil Gaiman just tweeted about it. Hopefully this one sticks.
    https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1106681997013995520?s=21
    Lakeside will be in the 3rd season? Wow, I thought that surely they will finish all book stuff in season 2 and then move on beyond the book in 3. Clearly not. It's been a while since I've read the book, but if I take out season 1 and Lakeside, there doesn't seem to be all that much left for season 2... suddenly I'm worried about this season again.