Season 8 tinfoil theories (no production spoilers)

want to create this thread as I’ve gone down the Reddit rabbit hole and I just can’t get enough of all the theories. To start off...Jaime kills the night king aka kingslayer with widows wail. 
Elisasamartian

Comments

• I am going to guess that new Dragon eggs will appear somewhere, either right out in the open as a story point, or in some end credit scene.
    MattyWeavessamartian
  • Hatorian said:
    want to create this thread as I’ve gone down the Reddit rabbit hole and I just can’t get enough of all the theories. To start off...Jaime kills the night king aka kingslayer with widows wail. 
    I think Jaime needs to sacrifice himself as atonement for his sins, but I wouldn't want to see him go down killing the Night King -- I don't think he deserves that glory.
    Kate23Elisasamartian
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Hatorian said:
    I think Jaime needs to sacrifice himself as atonement for his sins, but I wouldn't want to see him go down killing the Night King -- I don't think he deserves that glory.
    Same. I don't see the Night King being defeated in the Winterfell battle, but I do see Jaime sacrificing himself to save Brienne or even Bran.
    Kate23MurderbearElisasamartian
  • I haven't read this anywhere but I have this weird feeling that Sansa is going to end up sitting on the iron throne. You could watch the whole series as the evolution of Sansa. Someone make a podcast about that because I'm too lazy.
    Elisasamartian
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    CeciliaM said:
    I haven't read this anywhere but I have this weird feeling that Sansa is going to end up sitting on the iron throne. You could watch the whole series as the evolution of Sansa. Someone make a podcast about that because I'm too lazy.
    A very popular theory is Sansa and Tyrion on the throne with Jon’s baby because he and Dany are dead
    CeciliaMNoeltpelzy
  • Was trying to think of the most diabolical thing I could imagine happening in Season 8, and i arrived at, what if, halfway through the Battle of Winterwell, as the Humans are starting to win, the golden company arrives, and are not there to help Winterfell, but to attack it, encircling winterfell.

Logic is shaking of course, but that is how Tinfoil Theories work. It guarantees Cersei a victory over Dani's forces, but of course the dead army is there, but maybe she goes mad and thinks she can form an alliance. All farfectched of course, but just the most messed up thing i could think of her doing.

samartian
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Ive been an advocate that this somehow ends with some type of proto democracy being set up. The show has hinted at it, with Danny saying she wants to destroy the wheel, and Tyrion bringing up how the Nights Watch votes for their Lord Commander. We'll see!
    BroRad33budesignsNoelElisatpelzysamartian
    edited March 13
    A lot of talk around the Jon poster and its uncanny similarities to the Ned poster. Since HBO does nothing by accident - what could this mean? 

A

samartian
    A lot of talk around the Jon poster and its uncanny similarities to the Ned poster. Since HBO does nothing by accident - what could this mean? 

A

Jon is his fathers son (regardless of his birth parent who had no influence on him), and it's cool to have the original season 1 poster brought back around for the series finale with Jon standing in for Ned. That's as far as I think the imagery is meant to be taken. I'm sure if there was an iconic image of Lady Catelyn from season 1, they would have had Sansa doing something similar to invoke that imagery.

Elisa
    edited March 15
    This isn't tinfoil, but it is a theory of sorts. I think that Winterfell is going to be overrun as many of our named heroes are killed in battle, and Bran is going to use some sort of 3ER magic to hold off the White Walkers and wights while the few named characters left are able to escape, effectively sacrificing his own life to save others.

And in the EW article interviews, the guy who play the Night King said that there is another moment similar to the stare down he had with Jon Snow at the end of Hardhome. How bad ass would it be if while Jon is running away and looking back at Winterfell, the Night King is standing on the castle wall holding up Brans severed head while staring Jon down.
    BroRad33
  • I still love the theory of Arya killing the Mountain and Cersei...whether either of those will happen I have no idea...some good production spooler-free book & show-based support for these theories on YouTube - bridge4's channel, I believe.
    Elisa
    edited March 22

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2019/03/GoT8_KeyArt.jpg

not sure why the poster isn't showing up. But it's the official poster and a lot of people talking about the dragon eyes and two sword hilts.

In doing my series rewatch (for the 4th time, but who's counting?), I noticed in season 2 that Maester Luwin tells Theon that there are secret passageways built so that the Lords of Winterfell could escape if necessary. The context is that Theon is surrounded on all sides by the Boltons trapped in Winterfell and he tells Luwin that there is no way out.

Since my assumption is that Winterfell falls in the big mid-season battle, I'm guessing that this is brought back up. I wouldn't be shocked if they show it as part of the pre-intro recap, although that might make it a bit too obvious.

If anyone wanted to revisit that scene, I found it here:

Elisa
    Kate23 said:
    Two swords may be Widows Wail and Oathkeeper (hello Ned) dragon eyes could mean Targarion. Ice and Fire. Jon sits the thrown?
  • In s7e7 Jaime is wearing Widow's Wail, the hilt doesn't look like either of those it's more of a knob, and Oathkeeper has a lion's head. I don't get it. I DO get the dragon eyes though! Drogon I think, remembering when Jon pet him. It's a great blend with the throne. 
  • I rewatched a lot of parks and recreation recently. In the last season (which aired in 2014 but took place in the then near future of 2017) they mention that GOT ends with the khaleesi marrying jack sparrow.  My tinfoil theory is this: this is an Easter egg planted by people in the know. It reveals that Dany ends up with Euron Greyjoy, the most jack sparrow-esque character. Or JS for Jack Sparrow means John Snow.  It surely can’t just be a throwaway joke I am reading too much into.  
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited 3:36AM
    I've been assuming since I saw the trailer that Winterfell is going down, that this will be essentially another Hardhome, but with the deaths of more characters we care about.

But... I think I've changed my mind. In part because that seems too easy storywise and too similar to Hardhome, and in part because I think it'll be good for both the show and books if the White Walkers are after something other than simply conquest and a White Walker dominated winter world. 

And every once in a while, the many GOT and ASOIAF podcasts I listen to offhand mention that the WWs may still want baby Sam, the sacrifice they never received. So I think episode 3 will end, after losing a number of characters we care about and all seems lost, with Gilly giving up Baby Sam (and probably herself) to the Walkers. And that doing so will cause them to withdraw from Winterfell, leaving the few survivors shocked and confused.

I'm going all in on the theory that A.Ron, I believe, has talked about before (and probably alt shift x) that the WWs are attacking because the original agreement after the Long Night was that men would provide periodic child sacrifices to the Walkers and this has long been forgotten by the Westerosi. So they're here to collect what they feel is owed to them. 

I'm going to speculate that Westeros is going to fight this at first, but also come to believe that the fight is hopeless and prepare to send some large number of children to the Walkers so that the rest of them can survive. I think that our heroes will go along with this as they reach their darkest moment, feeling they have no choice... until they don't. Maybe Jon will hallucinate Ned to help persuade himself. In any case, that's when they'll face the Night King in one final showdown at the Trident where he will finally be killed by Arya, who dies in the attempt. As do Dany and Jon. 

At some point, Cersei will have burned King's Landing to the ground while Jaime strangles her as they're consumed by the flames, confirming that long held fan theory, and making Dany's season two vision (and the quick flash Bran saw of it) to come to pass.

And Tyrion will survive to help guide the initial steps toward steering Westeros toward a Constitutional Monarchy, as A.Ron long predicted.

I also think we'll see Meera, Daario, and Nymeria the Direwolf again.

Characters I'd love to see but very much doubt we will: Jaqen, Salladhor Saan, Hot Pie, Edmure Tully, Ilyn Payne (the guy beat cancer, fer cryin' out loud!), and Quaithe. 

So, that's that. I wonder if they'll come up with something that none of the popular theories have touched.
    And now that I’ve been warned of leaks (thanks @All the Chickens) I’m afraid to read anything.