Triple Frontier on Netflix

MrXMrX CO
edited March 14 in Movies
Released today, anyone checking this out?

Pretty awesome cast: Oscar Isaac, Ben Affleck, Pedro Pascal, Charlie Hunnam and Garrett Hedlund as a crew of ex-special forces that plan a drug money heist in South America.

It's been in development for a long time and been associated with a bunch of different people (was originally going to star Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp and be directed by Kathryn Bigelow) so not sure if the final product is up to snuff, but I'll definitely give it a watch.
Elisa

Comments

• lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    It was a quality production but I didn't care for the 2nd half; YMMV depending on the kind of stories you like.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I’m psyched to watch it. Will come back with my thoughts after
    Elisa
  • edited March 14
    (spoilers)

I loved the second half more than the first! It was tension city all around. I don't remember the last time I felt so stressed watching a movie. The highlight definitely was when the mule went down and it just exploded into this cloud of cash. I was like "ohmygod ohmygod OHMYGOD" when that happened.
    The ending felt a bit weird because from the moment on they threw the bags into the hole my impression was their plan was to come back for it, and in the end when Oscar Isaac got the coordinates he had this expression on his face like "why didn't I think of this?" And they all kind of behaved like that money was gone. Apart from this I enjoyed the whole ride and how it differed from typical heist movies.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 14
    Overall an entertaining and great looking movie, Agree w/ @Reni about the tension. Dialogue and plot was often clunky and it threatened to turn into a bit much of a "bro-fest" at times - but no more than any other slightly goofy action movie - well worth the watch IMO. 

Also this was fun - Ringer watching the trailer:

Noel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 14
    (spoilers)

It was a little too "write the characters as stupid when it's convenient" for me. These guys are the best of the best and insanely disciplined, but they will definitely ignore hard time lines and hard weight restrictions.

That being said, I liked how the raid went down. Felt a lot like how it goes in the old Rainbow Six games. Nothing flashy; just well trained badasses methodically administering death.
    NoelElisa
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Finished it. 

First. Amazing soundtrack. Metallica, Bob Dylan, CCR and pantera? Bad fucking ass. 

Overall story was meh. A lot of critics complained the characters were underdeveloped but I disagree. It’s a 2 hour movie. They spent plenty of time with the limited screen time showing us who was who for the most part. 

The 3rd act was sort of a let down. Really was no climax. But overall a solid C
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    The first 3rd was good but the rest of this move was a bore and very predictable.  I ended up fast forwarding through much of the second half.