Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I wonder if they asked him not to direct Suicide Squad as part of bringing him back.

Also, will Mickey Mouse force Dave Bautista to kiss the rings for all of the shit he talked? 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I sort of wonder if they ever seriously considered doing it without him or if this was the plan all along. 

I'm glad to see Gunn back in the director's chair. Mostly because I liked the way he handled it. He didn't complain about the decision, took responsibility for his actions, and offered a sincere apology. Social change depends on individuals changing and I think there should be a path to redemption for people who really change.

I didn't feel like Bautista ever crossed the line, but Disney may feel differently. 

---

Side note: Ever read an article, get stuck on a word, and have to resolve its truthiness before you can continue reading? It happened to me when I read "despite speculation that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi and Vicehelmer Adam McKay were in the mix." 

Helm
    can be a transitive verb, but I do not like helmer as a noun. Even after I stopped, looked it up, and found reference to helmer as an informal noun meaning film director, it rubs me entirely the wrong way. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I definitely don't like it. Guys, I might be old now.
    Garthgou81NaugustineAww_PHuuCkkingbee67Landscraping
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Anyone who writers a great film like Tromeo And Juliet should rise to the top ranks of Disney.
    Jovial_Falcon
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Part of me wishes he would have just told them to shove it after they fell for that bad faith smear campaign from alt right trolls.
    Flukeshisdudeness915Jovial_Falcon
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Good. People should not be punished for learning from past mistakes, much less at the behest of shitfuckers like Cernovich.
    cdrivebizmarkiefaderblue_sleevehisdudeness915NaugustineFlukesChinaskiNoelGraham
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Got 2 little fanatics that are stoked and don’t understand any of that shit.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Flukes said:
    I sort of wonder if they ever seriously considered doing it without him or if this was the plan all along. 

Helm
    can be a transitive verb, but I do not like helmer as a noun. Even after I stopped, looked it up, and found reference to helmer as an informal noun meaning film director, it rubs me entirely the wrong way. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I definitely don't like it. Guys, I might be old now.
    Both great points! I read today that Disney never talked to another director and was keeping this news on the DL until the Fox merger went through. Can't confirm but it sounds true.

Also 'helmer' is a terrible word. I barely tolerate the overuse of 'helm' to mean 'direct' but turning it into a noun is the absolute worst. 
    Flukes
  • Im glad its back on and the whole left vs right childish shit is over in this case. So pathetic. Every second of it. 

Long live Bautista!

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited March 16
    He was never fired.

Disney never looked for a replacement. They wanted their Fox acquisition to go smoothly. Now that it's done, they announced they rehired him, but he was never off the project.

This is not a story of redemption or second chances.

If I were Warner Brothers I would fire him from SS. They look like idiots. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, hard to disagree with Jamie's analysis. The Mouse is a calculating bastard.
    Elisatelephoneofmadness