New Deadwood Movie Trailer

May 31st...can't wait!

mylifeaskirkKate23NaugustineCretanBullalexander.klassen

Comments

• Having just watched the series it's a trip to see the actors now. It's like 15 years happened overnight and more than a few got old. Except Trixie... and Hearst is almost younger looking. Weird to hear Al say Bullock's name and not have the F word in close proximity.
    ken hale
  • I like the series very, very much but for some reason it's like work trying to get through it. Only on s2e2. But I guess I have plenty of time.  
  • I got some big mother fuckin chills watching that
  • Kate23 said:
    I like the series very, very much but for some reason it's like work trying to get through it. Only on s2e2. But I guess I have plenty of time.  
    I had the same experience - for me it was the language. It gets pretty thick: EB, Tolliver, Al especially for me. My brain can't fill in the holes where I miss something because it has no idea what the structure is supposed to be.
    Kate23
  • One of my top 5 - I hope this enhances in some way.
    CALVlLlAIN
  • edited March 22
    ...Yeah I’m one of those weirdos that claims the originial series is top 3 shows of all time so I literally can’t explain how excited I am for this. 
  • edited March 21
    Awesome! This is definitely a top 3 show for me, Cal.

I haven't even followed the news of this production because, after so long and so many false starts, I couldn't bear to believe that it would actually happen!  The trailer looks like a real return to form.  I'm optimistic and excited, for a fucking fact. 

It's a shame that a lot of viewers like can find the structure of the dialog to be so off-putting, but totally understandable.  You just gotta love diagramming ornate, run-on sentences punctuated by fuckwords.  It's right up my alley :)   But, good Lord, anyone who struggles to get through season 2 had definitely better skip every scene with the acting troupe in season 3, because I've watched this series five times and still don't know what the hell they're talking about or why they're even really in the show.

• edited March 22
    ken hale said:

I haven't even followed the news of this production because, after so long and so many false starts, I couldn't bear to believe that it would actually happen!  The trailer looks like a real return to form.  I'm optimistic and excited, for a fucking fact. 

It's a shame that a lot of viewers like can find the structure of the dialog to be so off-putting, but totally understandable.  You just gotta love diagramming ornate, run-on sentences punctuated by fuckwords.  It's right up my alley :)   But, good Lord, anyone who struggles to get through season 2 had definitely better skip every scene with the acting troupe in season 3, because I've watched this series five times and still don't know what the hell they're talking about or why they're even really in the show.

I’m scared Milch will pull a fast one and cut this thing at like 90 minutes and it just be a fancy extended series finale. It can’t be with all of this set piece stuff in the trailer though right? 
    Man, can’t wait. Those who know Deadwood know how a fucking fight scene is suppose to be done.. haha.

Westworld pay attention.
  • edited March 22
    ken hale said:

I’m scared Milch will pull a fast one and cut this thing at like 90 minutes and it just be a fancy extended series finale. It can’t be with all of this set piece stuff in the trailer though right? 
    Man, can’t wait. Those who know Deadwood know how a fucking fight scene is suppose to be done.. haha.

Westworld pay attention.
    For realzzzz!!!! If somehow we could get “The Captain” back, Westworld might just cancel season 3 
  • Above...the idea of Westworld quitting in response to Deadwood’s greatness reminded me of a tweet someone put out after Breaking Bad Season 4’s premiere...it said:

Dear Breaking Bad,
          We surrender.
    Signed:  All Other TV Shows

Kate23ken haleCALVlLlAIN
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I said it in a different thread, but I still can't believe this is actually happening. They've been teasing it for 12 years, and once Olyphant hit big and everyone went on to doing other stuff, I'd all but given up hope. They kept saying it would be great for it to happen, but I never thought it actually would. Now I just hope it isn't a crummy return (a la The X-Files).
    ken hale
  • Welp better finish season 2 and 3. Is this HBO or theatrical release?
    Kate23djcaudle01
  • Having this movie being put out and hearing so many good things from other people finally got me to sit down the past couple weeks and watch through Deadwood.  Definitely glad I did.  Great show and I'm looking forward to the movie to see where they go with it.  
    mylifeaskirkmajjam0770
  • I love this show so much and I’m glad that we are finally going to get a (hopefully) proper sendoff. After watching the series many years back I had to make a trip to Deadwood. I stayed in the Bullock Hotel, ate dinner at the Gem, and visited the grave sites of Wild Bill, Seth, and others. 
    mylifeaskirkTeletype
  • edited March 23
    I'm just gonna put this out there because I looked on IMDB and I'm confused: Jeffrey Jones is listed in the credits for this movie.  So...maybe they've got some old unused scenes to fill the gap between the series finale and the movie?  They wouldn't put him on the credits just for appearing in a recap, would they? EDITED: Apparently he's not locked up like I thought, so I guess they actually brought him back. Now I'm less confused and more conflicted.

Also, RIP Powers Boothe, who is not in the credits and is an actor I would actually be happy to see again.
    CALVlLlAINTeletype
  • I hadn't realized just how much I missed the show until that final Al/Seth interaction.

Man, I hope the guys cover it. Can't remember if they've seen it or not.
  • ken hale said:
    I'm just gonna put this out there because I looked on IMDB and I'm confused: Jeffrey Jones is listed in the credits for this movie.  So...maybe they've got some old unused scenes to fill the gap between the series finale and the movie?  They wouldn't put him on the credits just for appearing in a recap, would they? EDITED: Apparently he's not locked up like I thought, so I guess they actually brought him back. Now I'm less confused and more conflicted.

Also, RIP Powers Boothe, who is not in the credits and is an actor I would actually be happy to see again.
    This is exactly how I felt reading IMDB the other day.
  • I don’t know why with all the A list talent in this movie, I am most excited about seeing the banter between Johnny Burns and Dan Dority...so happy both Earl Brown and Sean Bridges are still around!  If we don’t get a 45 minute Dority fight scene then i already consider it a failure...although on that note I don’t know what “big bad” they could bring in at the 11th hour that could rival Dan realistically without it feeling saccharin.

One last note,  I hope for the first 90% of the movie Trixie is an out going sweetheart who is kind and generous to everyone and it’s confusing the hell out of the town, OK that’s all the fanfiction I’ll engage in but come on that would be hilarious revealed if done right 
  • edited March 24
    Update to those who are interested:
    Ian McShane kept muttering the words “2 hour movie” when asked about Deadwood on Lorraine. Highly likely he’s seen final cut, chances are this thing is clocking in around 120min. 
    ken hale
  • edited April 25
    New Deadwood trailer came out this afternoon 
    https://youtu.be/s0WrXmhvXTA
    bizmarkiefader
  • New Deadwood trailer came out this afternoon 
    https://youtu.be/s0WrXmhvXTA
    In honor of the prose and lyrical nature with which a lot of these characters speak, I wish I could express my excitement similarly. Instead, I shall channel the everyday Jane and say, “Quit fuckin about and let’s do this fuckin thing already!!”

Am excite.
    Naugustine
  • "Hearst won't take long before he honors the rigors of his putrid fuckin' nature" is an incredibly Deadwood line.
    CapeGabemylifeaskirkZoner07ken hale