Just a heads up (GOT leaks) *no spoilers*

All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
edited March 23 in Game of Thrones
First, GOT and HBO has done a magnificent job in their security this year of filming and keeping the scripts from leaking. The lengths they went to these past 2 years during production and post production are heroic.

However, Episode 1 has has basically been leaked by the "FrikiDoctor," who is a spanish speaking guy who has leaked out word for word (or scene for scene) on what happens in each episode the past 2 seasons. HBO has been pulling his youtube videos despite not having any copyright material in them, but people have already translated his videos.

****I have not read the translations that everyone going going crazy over since I want to continue discussing the season (which I cant do if I literally know details of what happens). This is the first legitimate or reliable leak of the season, so BEWARE on social media or reddit.

TravisElisaFlukes

Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I really hope it stops here since HBO is pressuring him so badly, but I doubt it. For some reason they havent been able to catch the person who is giving him the episodes. The running theory is that he knows the person that they have translate the episodes or some form of editing. Just based on him only speaking spanish, the detail of what happens in each scene of every episode, and the timing on when he gets this information or copy of the episode just before the season/episode airs.

If I were HBO, I would just go the guy and offer him 100k to sign an NDA. It's a losing battle. 
    Travis
  • Thanks for the heads up on this.  Much appreciated.
  • Thanks for the warning. When the full episode last season got leaked a week early someone was spamming comments in a website I go to in completely unrelated articles spoiling it, so it's good to know I need to have my eyes out. 
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 23
    You mean this spoiler? It was a really, really convincing fake, but I think it's been debunked.

(I'm going to keep going back to this well until it stops amusing me (aka forever))

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. It sucks that it's out there in the world.
    ElisagguenotCecilybudesignscdriveFlukes
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    Yes, thanks for the heads up. Like I don't understand the people who are hell bent on spoiling the show for themselves. There's a whole GOT podcast where the just go over plot leaks and productions spoilers lol. I saw this picture on Facebook before Season 7 came out and it just pissed me off on multiple levels. Like first, who is on the marketing team at HBO that thinks this is good promotional content? Then some a-hole posted it on Facebook, and multiple friends were reposting and commenting on it so there was no way I could've avoided it. I just want to remain unsullied. Is that too much to ask?

Image result for game of thrones ice dragon leaked photos
    Travis
    edited March 25
    tpelzy said:
    Yes, thanks for the heads up. Like I don't understand the people who are hell bent on spoiling the show for themselves. There's a whole GOT podcast where the just go over plot leaks and productions spoilers lol. I saw this picture on Facebook before Season 7 came out and it just pissed me off on multiple levels. Like first, who is on the marketing team at HBO that thinks this is good promotional content? Then some a-hole posted it on Facebook, and multiple friends were reposting and commenting on it so there was no way I could've avoided it. I just want to remain unsullied. Is that too much to ask?

Image result for game of thrones ice dragon leaked photos
    Just FYI-that wasn't HBO promotional material. A fan made that and many other posters like it and put the HBO logo on it to make it look official. The vast majority of all GOT promotional posters are fan made based on what people think or want to happen in the upcoming season. I always pop over to the GOT and HBO social media accounts to confirm if they are official materials from HBO or just something a fan created.

That particular poster was, however, born out of script leaks before last season, so it was a spoiler.
    Travistpelzy
    Well, this is good news for most of us, but please don't get the Russians involved:

Well-known Game of Thrones leaker (FrikiDoctor) to no longer spoil season 8, reportedly under pressure from HBO

https://winteriscoming.net/2019/04/01/well-known-game-of-thrones-leaker-threatened-with-litigation-by-hbo/
    MurderbearCory
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Thanks for the heads-up Chickens. I'm trying to keep my head down and I didn't realize there was already something out there.
    The premiere was last night. Carice Van Houten posted a part of new opening credits to her instagram story. It's maybe spoilers I guess, but something I assumed already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdG75Zs1Q8