Motley Crue’s The Dirt (Netflix)

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
i’ll prob check it out this weekend. from what i’ve heard it’s hated by critics and liked by fans. i remember reading the book years ago. 

Comments

• BrieanneBrieanne California
    I watched it, it was good but not great.  Interesting since I knew who Motley Crue was and have listened to and enjoyed them in passing since I was little (thanks Mom and Dad), but didn't know any of the details of their career.

It was entertaining and looked really good :)  All in all, not a bad time to spend just shy of two hours.
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Plus Ramsay Bolton as Mick Mars was a trip, hahaha.

Freddy
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I've been a fan since the first album (I'm not *that* old - I was still in grade school when it came out), and still really like their music.  I'll definitely be watching it, maybe this weekend. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I thought it was ok, the VH1 behind the music was the same story without the visuals. 
    ken hale
    edited March 23
    Watching now.  It's definitely a spectacle.  From what I know of them, they got some things very right.  However, apparently they got some things wrong too.  https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/motley-crue-the-dirt-fact-check-808838/ 
    Chinaski
  • It wasn't a 'good' movie, but it was fun and captured the debauchery that was the LA Sunset Strip scene at the time.  I liked it more than the Queen movie - at least this one was honest.

ChinaskiMichelle
  • BTW - Tom Zutaut (the guy played by Pete Davidson) is nothing like that in real life. He's happy with the movie though.

Chinaski
    I did like that they didn’t shy away from depicting Nikki’s heroin addiction.  Those scenes were kind of harrowing, especially him shooting up after getting home from the hospital (his absolute rock bottom).

I cried when Vince’s daughter died.  I’d forgotten that happened.  How incredibly sad.  :cry:
    CretanBullChinaskiken hale
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    really didn't like this. it was basically 'Netflix Presents a Lifetime Original' with nudity and cursing. i thought the acting, makeup & wardrobe, and casting were a joke. it was like a bad episode of GLOW. in fact, the guy that played Mick Mars kinda looked like Sheila the She Wolf from GLOW. i remember Tommy Lee's part of the book being so obnoxious, which was pretty much the case in the movie. quite a let down imo,

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i will agree with @Michelle and say that they did capture some good emotion with the whole Vince and daughter part :'(
    Michelle
    edited March 25
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 25
    So I was pretty shocked to see that it was produced by Motley Crue. Pretty bold for Tommy Lee to sign off on a scene where he punches his fiance in the mouth. There was some controversy sorrounding Dr Dre having input in Straight Outta Compton, and the lack of scenes addressing his violence against women.
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    Chinaski said:
    really didn't like this. it was basically 'Netflix Presents a Lifetime Original' with nudity and cursing. i thought the acting, makeup & wardrobe, and casting were a joke. it was like a bad episode of GLOW. in fact, the guy that played Mick Mars kinda looked like Sheila the She Wolf from GLOW. i remember Tommy Lee's part of the book being so obnoxious, which was pretty much the case in the movie. quite a let down imo,

Thats what it felt like to me from the trailer, if its raining and I have nothing to do.....
  • It was alright.  Entertaining, not high quality, as people have mentioned.  I kind of loathe Motley Crue but I watched through the credits, so I guess it accomplished its purpose of making their music somewhat more palatable, lol.