Happy belated "Singin' in the Rain" Day!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
While we're waiting for Jim's arrival from the old country tonight, Cecily and I sneak attack the Bald Movies feed with our first annual celebration of "Singin' in the Rain" Day, March 24th. Enjoy! http://baldmove.com/bald-movies/happy-belated-singin-in-the-rain-day/
MurderbearMichelleDeeCecily

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 26
    You made my week!  I got to work, turned on my phone & saw the notification.  This is so great!  You can definitely count me in for any musicals and/or oldies movies you two cover.  I'm here for it all. 

Singin' in the Rain is such a classic for the ages - as you said, there are some drawbacks but they're due to the era.   But the songs, the dancing, the costumes, the quotable lines, Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, and Debbie f'ing Reynolds - so much love for this movie.   :heart:

A_Ron_Hubbard
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I just got to the end (work interruptions) and heard that you'll be doing a live watch of this for next year.  Amazing, can't wait!  I'd love to see more live watches of musicals from you and Cecily.  
    Cecily
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I got about five minutes in and texted my wife, "We need to watch Singin' in the Rain."

We've never seen it, so you got two people to check it out. I stopped listening before your lists of songs so I'll continue once we've watched.

CecilyA_Ron_Hubbard
  • It was a joy to listen to! I do exactly what you guys do most of the time and just skip to the best bits. I have a special love for Cyd Charisse in the green dress though. As much as I love musicals and dance, ballet was never my favorite, but she makes ballet so cool and sexy in a way that's never been matched. After that, I wanted to be her so badly. You definitely have to watch more classic musicals and get back to us on it. The classic movie nerd, or TCM nerd, is a special subset of nerd that, I think, gets undervalued sometimes ;)
    Cecily
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    It was a joy to listen to! I do exactly what you guys do most of the time and just skip to the best bits. I have a special love for Cyd Charisse in the green dress though. As much as I love musicals and dance, ballet was never my favorite, but she makes ballet so cool and sexy in a way that's never been matched. After that, I wanted to be her so badly. You definitely have to watch more classic musicals and get back to us on it. The classic movie nerd, or TCM nerd, is a special subset of nerd that, I think, gets undervalued sometimes ;)
    I’m a classic movie nerd! I grew up watching them - on weekend afternoons in Australia in the 1970s and 1980s they would show old movies, and we had this guy called Bill Collins who hosted “Golden Years Of Hollywood” on one channel on Saturday nights. He would show three movies and talk about them in between, with random bits of trivia about the film he was showing. Good times!
    Cecily
  • edited April 6
    Is there something wrong with me if the first thing that pops into my head when I hear “Singing in the Rain” is A Clockwork Orange rather than the musical?