Love Death and Robots

Anyone else watch this anthology series on netflix? Hit or miss, trying way to hard to prove how adult it is with pointless nudity, but overall a pretty good romp and some of the episodes were excellent.

3 Robots, Beyond the Aquila Rift, and The Secret War were the standouts to me. I would actually love an entire series based on The Secret War. 
Landscraping

Comments

• I was wondering why no one had started a thread on this yet. I have to finish the last couple of episodes but I enjoyed it. Very much like Heavy Metal from early 80s. My faves are Suits and Shape-Shifters. Anything with werewolves rocks IMO and thought it was cool how they explored the racism theme with it. 

From what  I understand Netflix has varied the order of episodes for subscribers, which supposedly has 4 different orders? Mine had the mind-controlled monster fights (I forget name of that ep) as the first one. 
  • I was wondering why no one had started a thread on this yet. I have to finish the last couple of episodes but I enjoyed it. Very much like Heavy Metal from early 80s. My faves are Suits and Shape-Shifters. Anything with werewolves rocks IMO and thought it was cool how they explored the racism theme with it. 

From what  I understand Netflix has varied the order of episodes for subscribers, which supposedly has 4 different orders? Mine had the mind-controlled monster fights (I forget name of that ep) as the first one. 
    Me too on the 1st episode. My memory is that my order matched what IMDB has for the order, so I can't speak to this. 

Yeah, I really likes those 2 as well. I want someone to make a video game out of Suits lol. 
    Landscraping
  • Beyond the Aquila Rift was crazy amazing just in the animation/cgi which was so lifelike it kind of freaked me out. 
  • Beyond the Aquila Rift is a short story written by my favorite space opera writer Alistair Reynolds and is amazing. I highly recommend reading the source material because your appreciation of what actually made it to the screen will deepen. My wish was that they made this into a full length live action Black Mirror episode. A Christmas one. 
    Kate23
  • ncat said:
    Beyond the Aquila Rift was crazy amazing just in the animation/cgi which was so lifelike it kind of freaked me out. 
    Yeah there were a couple where I'd look away and look back and my brain would be tricked for a second that it wasn't CG. 
    Doctor_Nick
  • Love it. Very uneven, but that's the charm; you have no idea what to expect when you hit next episode. The only ones that were just plain bad were the Dracula vs cats one and Three Robots.

Since one of Aron's recurring complaints is that there's not enough make nudity on TV, he must appreciate how much dong they hang.
    Landscraping
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited April 1
    We'll probably talk about this on TV this week, but my accounting goes like this:

Fun: Suits, Sucker of Souls, Ice, When the Yogurt Took Over, Blind Spot (in a very adult 80's action figure cartoon sort of way)
    Thinkers: Zima Blue, Beyond the Aquila Rift, Fish Night

I thought the rest were pretty forgettable, although the animation in Helping Hand was very nice.
    ElisaLandscrapingalexander.klassen