Jaime Lannister's Fate Theory for podcast

Here is a theory I have about Jamie's ultimate fate, in the books and maybe in the show, that I don't believe I have seen anywhere else.  At the final battle between the White Walkers and our heroes, Jamie Lannister will kill the Night King, completing his redemption arc by transforming his previous despised "Kingslayer" moniker from a point of ridicule and shame into one of honor.  Not that this will totally make up for all his crimes, which is why afterwards he will take the black and help rebuild the Night's Watch, and we will see in epilogue that he becomes Lord Commander and helps make the Night's Watch a respected and honorable organization again. Thoughts?
djcaudle01DoubleA_RonFlukesAww_PHuuCkDoctor_Nick

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well shit. I love the hell out of this. At first I was thinking it was unlikely but you won me over with the Kingslayer comment. And Jaime becoming LC is awesome.

I had previously wanted him to die in battle, preferably in heroic fashion, and Arya takes his face and murders Cersei so that way we sort of get both of them killing her but dammit, I love this.
    djcaudle01Flukes
  • Well shit. I love the hell out of this. At first I was thinking it was unlikely but you won me over with the Kingslayer comment. And Jaime becoming LC is awesome.

I had previously wanted him to die in battle, preferably in heroic fashion, and Arya takes his face and murders Cersei so that way we sort of get both of them killing her but dammit, I love this.
     Some YT’er posited the idea that she could somehow take Jaime’s face without killing him in the same way that she saw her face at the end of season five on whichever Faceless person it was that drank poison...

I am not sure and neither were they about the mechanism for that type of magic but it happened on screen so it has to be possible.
    Yeah, I don't know. If they explained it well enough I guess I wouldn't care but I just always figured she was hallucinating and that was just part of the lesson. To show she is no one and doesn't matter. 
    djcaudle01Cory
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    This is what we often hear from @Jim - if the rules aren’t explained then the writers can pull whatever scenario out of nowhere. Arya using faces of people still alive would be HUGELY disappointing. 
    MurderbearKate23djcaudle01Cory
    Honestly though, Jaime should just mount a Valyrian/Dragonglass sword on his arm and slice though that army.
    Teresa from ConcordFlukesdjcaudle01
  • Honestly though, Jaime should just mount a Valyrian/Dragonglass sword on his arm and slice though that army.

I feel like this is actually very probable.

Sidenote: When Sansa finds out Little finger is her father its going to be awkward...

• Honestly though, Jaime should just mount a Valyrian/Dragonglass sword on his arm and slice though that army.
    I've thought that same thing, mount some kind of Dragonglass dagger or something along those lines.  
  • I regret reading this because now I very much want this to happen for Jaime. However, sadly I think he's a dead man. I just don't want him going out like a bum.
    Murderbear
    There was a reddit post about replacing the hand last week (maybe this week?), a medieval warfare guy suggested securing a dagger in his (now) offhand as a blocking weapon. 
    Yeah, or even a shield. I have been saying this ever since he lost the hand. Swordsmen always talk about how the sword is supposed to just be an extension of your arm. Well make it happen! What good is that big dumb gold hand doing anyway?
    Flukes
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Go Go Gadget Shield!

Murderbearbudesigns
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Assume everyone you care about dies heroically (and tragically) in the big mid-season battle, and you can't be disappointed in the outcome. I hope I've helped everyone today!
    Flukesdjcaudle01
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    edited March 28
    Dig this theory.  Question...

Since the wall has fallen, and assuming the White Walkers will be defeated (or the threat quelled, at the very least)... what exactly would the purpose of the Night’s Watch be?
  • I assume the white walkers are not something you can defeat forever. They can be driven back as in the Long Night but they will come again eventually
    Murderbear
  • Dig this theory.  Question...

Since the wall has fallen, and assuming the White Walkers will be defeated (or the threat quelled, at the very least)... what exactly would the purpose of the Night’s Watch be?
    At first I think they won't be needed, but then I don't think anybody could rest easy until they know nothing else will come from that ice palace up north where Craster's baby was turned. 
    DoubleA_Ron
  • I too love the idea of Jaime becoming the righteous Kingslayer he always was. However I am still of the opinion that he is going to kill Cersei when she also tries to unleash a wildfire attack of some sort on the common folk, dying almost immediately after.