Favorite Game Of Thrones Scene

As we are only 13 days away from the final season it had me recollecting on some of my favorite scenes from the series. For me, one stood out in particular...It’s when Lady Stark spoke to Talisa about Jon Snow getting the pox and wishing death upon him but reversing course and wanting him to live. It was such a beautiful yet sad moment and Michelle Fairley did an amazing job in that scene.

Anyone Else have a Favorite scene they’d like to share?
Murderbear

Comments

• Tyrion trial scene
    JTKIIIMurderbearDummyNoelbudesigns
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    The end of "And Now His Watch Is Ended" when Dany turned the tables on the masters.I think that was a real turning point for her character and showed what she could do. Or the opening scene of The Winds of Winter with the Great Sept explosion. The build up, the anticipation, the musical score. It was chilling.
    JTKIIIMurderbearrkcrawfNoelUnderwoodEine Frauladylarsen
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @kuman07 Gods and Cersei's face after she blows it up and is just so satisfied with herself is incredible.

I think one of my all-time favorite scenes is such a small and simple one. It's from way back in season 1. It's the scene of Robert and Cersei finally being honest with each other about how much they have hated the other one for their twenty-ish year marriage. It's honest and raw and is acted so perfectly. I love it.
    JTKIIIkuman07majjam0770mostlywright
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I will throw two out there. For large, bombastic spectacle, it is hard to argue with the beginning of Winds of Winter. The music. The editing. Everything. So perfectly constructed.

But then the Game of Thrones I really fell in love with was all the personal, quiet conversations that were had. The one that immediately comes to mind is the "bug" conversation between Tyrion and Jaime when Tyrion is locked up. 
    NoelJTKIII
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Large sequence it has to be Hardhome for me. From when the dogs start barking up until Jon and Night King are staring at each other.

Intimate scene I would probably say Brienne and Jaime in the bath. Or Oberyn and Tyrion when he tells him that he’ll be his champion.
    JTKIIIMurderbearmajjam0770PeggyB
  • Been doing a rewatch, so some of it is fresh. 

By far, my favorite is the fight between the Hound and Brienne. It is just so raw and dirty (reminds me of a particular brawl in Deadwood). It is brutal and it takes awhile. And the fact that one of the combatants is a woman, is so irrelevant to how the scene is constructed and the outcome, makes it better to watch in a "meta" way. Even on a rewatch, I will stop what ever I'm doing just to watch it. 

Dany turning on the Masters in Slavers Bay, the Red Wedding, Battle of Hardhome, and the Battle of the Bastards are all great. 

For scenes w/o combat, I like the stuff between Arya and Tywin, Lyanna Mormont tearing down some of the other Northerners who won't back Jon, and the Purple Wedding. Plus everything that @kuman07 said.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 1
    #1 Hardhome
    #2 Lady Lyanna Mormont Speech
    #3 Loot Train Battle (btw the gold makes it back to the kingdom)
    rkcrawfNoelgguenothisdudeness915DummyEine FrauladylarsenTulipblossommostlywright
  • edited April 1
    cdrive beat me to it, but...
    https://youtu.be/AXAnxAA73xM

• budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC
    gguenot said:
    Tyrion trial scene
    "...more pleasure than a thousand lying whores!"

That, and when Dany tricks Kraznys and gets the Unsullied army, are the two that immediately come to mind.

Trying to think if I have a more underrated unexpected fave ...
    gguenot
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX

I like that scene also for Bald Move reasons, cause A.Ron in review turned King of the North into a verb...  "and then they all start kingofthenorfin' again!"  

MurderbearLandscrapingbudesignsxulsolar22Eine FrauladylarsenTulipblossommostlywright
  • MichelleMichelle California
    It's hard to argue with the Loot Train attack as being one of their best (and one of my favorites).  The dragonfire scenes alone... damn.  I also like the Purple Wedding/Joffrey's death, and any scene where Lady Olenna serves Cersei some cold, cold shade (directly or indirectly).  She was such a badass.
    MurderbearrkcrawfbudesignsEine Frau
    I love love loved the loot train scene but God I hate when Bronn is able to just dive off the Scorpion and cover his head even though we see Drogon just bathing that thing in flames. I feel like Jaime had a similar moment in there too. (Not the one at the end when Bronn saves him from certain death) I know you have to show the named characters in peril too but the execution of their save rolls is not good.
    Michelle said:
    It's hard to argue with the Loot Train attack as being one of their best (and one of my favorites).  The dragonfire scenes alone... damn.  I also like the Purple Wedding/Joffrey's death, and any scene where Lady Olenna serves Cersei some cold, cold shade (directly or indirectly).  She was such a badass.
    Ooh yeah. And her final scene with Jaime? Incredible. I loved every scene she was ever in.
    Michelleladylarsen
  • Littlefinger's Death.
    rkcrawfCeciliaM
  • My favorite scenes are Tywin and Arya, when she is his cupbearer. Just really good writing.

Also, Jamie and brienne in the the hot bath, when he tells her about the mad king. That is like my favorite 3 mins of television.

tom_gMurderbearrkcrawfLandscrapingNoel
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

Oh man, that "King in the North" scene gets me misty every single time. 
    Landscraping
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    The Loot Train is pretty intense. It's the scene that consistently solicits a visceral reaction, so I'm going with that one. Arya and any grown up is A-1 GoT though. We need an Arya and Bronn road show.
    majjam0770
  • edited April 2
    The Arya/Tywin scenes at Harenhall were always so solid.

Throwing out some strange/funny moments also.. How about Melisandre’s weird ass shadow demon birth? Tywin waltzing through his throne room on a fucking horse? Or that time Tyrion slapped Joffery in broad daylight? lol.

only in GoT ppl.
    BroRad33
  • budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC

Oh man, that "King in the North" scene gets me misty every single time. 
    Hell, I watched that 5 min clip today and was a blubbering mess. LOL
    rkcrawfGarthgou81
  • My wife and I are doing a separate top 10 episodes list. We’re going to pick all of the common ones and debate on our unique choices so we can do a 12 episode marathon the week before the premier (we’re going to make S1E1 and S7E7 must watches)

I imagine a lot are going to be penultimate and finale episodes, but this thread will help with picking some obscure episodes.

FreddyMichelleJTKIIINoel
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Initial battle of the bastards. With Jon standing against the massive hoard and then the collision around him. My jaw dropped first time I saw it as it was the greatest battle outside of a movie ever. 
    gguenotFreddyMurderbearBroRad33rkcrawfPeggyB
  • There are way too many, but the first one springs to mind is when Cersei's former boytoy shows up with his religious cult and says she has to come along or there will be violence, and she says, after a pause and with so many expressions in her eyes, "I choose violence." 
    LandscrapingEine Frau
  • my top 2 have already been mentioned, but this is probably my number 3

johnnytruantMurderbearLandscrapingBroRad33NoelrkcrawfUnderwoodtom_gEine Fraujluzaniaand 1 other.
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    Favourite scene is probably the Battle of the Bastards, but I'm surprised no one's brought up the Battle of the Blackwater yet.

And if you can ignore that fact that the Double Ds basically ignored all logic just to make a cool scene, the battle north of the wall from season seven was a really cool scene.

For something a little less battle focused, I really liked the Arya and Sansa reunion stuff from season seven as well.
  • Dummy said:
    my top 2 have already been mentioned, but this is probably my number 3

This whole sequence is it for me. The Hound at his best and Arya levels up to badass.
    Dummy

• 1) S1 - end of Baelor when Ned is beheaded and the camera switches to Arya and then the birds flying away. 

2) S2 - when Yoren tells Arya the story about Wilem and plants the seed in her head for the death list. 

3) S3 - whem Arya asks Beric and Thoros if they can bring her dad back to life. Also, when Tywin puts both Tyrion and Cersei in their place and tells them they’ll marry Sansa and Loras. 

MurderbearBroRad33
  • Freddy said:
    The Loot Train is pretty intense. It's the scene that consistently solicits a visceral reaction, so I'm going with that one. Arya and any grown up is A-1 GoT though. We need an Arya and Bronn road show.
    Underrated point. Arya and the Hound also have some great stuff together. "What the fuck is a Lommy?"
    PeggyB
  • The conversation between the Hound and Tormund on the walk to get the wight.  If they live, I want a Westerosi odd couple spin-off.  
    budesigns
  • edited April 2
    All of my top scenes have been mentioned but the one I did want to bring up that I haven't seen yet is the "fight" between Arya and Brienne.  It was extremely well done and the surprise in Brienne's face was extremely well acted, Arya's dagger twirl/flip to the other hand was amazing, and the look of awe and horror on Sansa's face watching all of this unfold.
    BroRad33rkcrawfpollyseedsEine FrauNoel
  • Dummy said:
    my top 2 have already been mentioned, but this is probably my number 3

This one would have been in my short list - as would others that involved Arya and 'needle'.
    DummyUnderwood