Barry Season 2 Episode 1 (spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited April 5 in Other TV
Who of my Bald Move peeps has gotten into this already?

This was delightful.  So delightful to have back Noho Hank, and Uncle Jimmy (Stephen Root) and Winkler.

The opening scene with answering the door taking forever and the comedy of errors on the whole operation.  Boom - we're instantly right back in Barry-verse with the mixing of dark subject matter and ridiculous comedy.  

My top hits:

• The Recreational Volley Ball scene with NoHo Hank's slow-motion appreciative smile.....knocked me off my ass. So funny.  The only gangster in yellow short shorts and knee pads.
  • The uncomfortable laughing at the Burmese lady gangster hand stabbing trick.
  • Hank in the clothing store.
  • The coke can DNA sample.
  • Favorite moment was the heavy scene about "talking about Janice is like you talking about the first time you killed a man" and that was immediately followed by Winkler calling to Natalie to bring his car around and throws the keys waaay off target.  This show, man.  It's the off-brand humor I crave.  

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    The real crime is that the show isn't popular enough for me to go as NoHo Hank for Halloween.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freddy said:
    The real crime is that the show isn't popular enough for me to go as NoHo Hank for Halloween.
    That would be the baller-est halloween costume ever.  You should still do it.
    edited April 6
    cdrive said:
    Freddy said:
    That would be the baller-est halloween costume ever.  You should still do it.
    Ah hell, I did what I thought was a dead on Walter White one year; complete with a tan members only jacket and a bag of blue rock candy (the flavor looked just like it and was even called "Blue Sky"). Only 1 person at the party got it. Everyone just asked me if I was going as a child molestor. This is a show that gets referenced in blockbuster movies. I go as NoHo Hank and I'll end up spending the night getting asked why I'm going as a gay golfer on chemo.
    cdrive
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    I’m worried about how long the show is going to continue being all that funny aside from a couple gags here and there’s. It’s removed into very heavy territory....
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i loved the first ep for the new season. friggin missed me some Noho Hank! :D

Cristobal: 'tell me, what is the one thing .. that we here have wanted to dip our toes into?'

Noho: 'chocolate!'

cdriveFreddy
    Chinaski said:

Cristobal: 'tell me, what is the one thing .. that we here have wanted to dip our toes into?'

You just know we're going to get a scene of NoHo chocalate dippin'! 
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Freddy said:
    Chinaski said:

You just know we're going to get a scene of NoHo chocalate dippin'! 
    we can only hope.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    NoHo steals the show, we be a spin off. Better Call Hank.

The part in the first episode was when Hank got heavy and threatened Barry.
    Chinaski