Feast of Thrones

Hey guys! I'm so excited for the new season! I just wanted to share something that I have been doing since season 4. Right before season 4 I had binged the first 3 seasons and then found out that my brother and sister-in-law had done the same so for season 4 I started going to their house on Sunday nights to watch together. For the season 4 finale I started the tradition of "Feast of Thrones" where i come up with themed foods to enjoy while we watch each season finale. Some I came up with on my own and other ideas I have gotten online. Just wanted to share them with you in case you want to host your own feasts and need some ideas!

Sansa's Lemon Cakes
Theon Greyjoy's Wiener in a Blanket
Dire Wolf Puppy Chow (that mix you make with chex cereal, PB, chocolate, and powdered sugar)
Viserys' Molten Gold Crown Dip (chesse dip) Served with Hodoritos
You Know Nothing Jon Show Caps
Dragon Fire Wings
Unsullied Sausage Balls
White Walker Oreos (dipped Oreos in white chocolate and used blue icing for eyes)
Oberyn's Exploding Head Pizza Rolls (they always seem to explode a little when I cook them so it just made sense!)
The Hound Dogs (lil smokies in BBQ sauce)
Mormont-zarella Cheese sticks
Tyrionion Dip and chips
Tyrell Rose Garden (found a recipe for these apple tartlets made in the shape of a rose, they were a big hit!)
Samwell's Citadel Scrolls (Lumpia)
Lord Varys' Meatballs
Stawberry Tart-garyan with 6-8 Inches of Snow (strawberry pie with vanilla ice cream)
Grey Worms and Dirt Pudding (dirt pudding cups with gummy worms)
Milk of the Poppyseed Ham Biscuits
Wild Fire Chicken Dip (buffalo chicken dip) served with Cersei-salt chips (tostitos)
A Girl Has No Bake Cookies
Bran's Three Fried Raven-olis (fried ravioli)

I have so much fun doing this each year, although it has gotten harder to come up with new ideas! I make signs for each complete with pictures that go along with the theme. Feel free to drop any of your own ideas because I am coming up  short on ideas for the Final Feast! 

FlukesHatorianDrKenlydiajferwerda

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    These are awesome!!
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Hard-Home Fries
    Chicken Littlefingers
    Podrick's Impressive Sausage
    Jon Snow Cones
    Brienne of Tart
    liltcdavisFlukesDrKen
  • liltcdavisliltcdavis Virginia
    Brieanne said:
    Hard-Home Fries
    Chicken Littlefingers
    Podrick's Impressive Sausage
    Jon Snow Cones
    Brienne of Tart
    Those are great! Thanks for the suggestions! 
  • Very cool!
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited April 9
    Feast of Thrones is going down this year! Me and my friends are committing some serious time and energy. Every episode is house/faction themed as follows:
    1 - House Greyjoy (king crab, lobster tails, etc.)
    2 - House Lannister (prime rib and other fancy things)
    3 - House Baratheon (a whole wild pig)
    4 - Wildlings (rabbit, venison, and squab)
    5 - We said Dragons Breath, and don't remember what that means. Probably spicy food. So baller Mexican food and good tequila... I think!?
    6 - All of Planetos (Steamship roast, cavier, expensive cheeses, and popping open some 40 year old tawny ports)

MurderbearDrKencdriveTheRealCrazyDavebudesignsPeggyB
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Damn! That sounds amazing
    Freddy
    Damn! That sounds amazing
    You goddamn right, Mammal Murderer.
    Murderbear
  • liltcdavisliltcdavis Virginia
    Freddy said:
    Feast of Thrones is going down this year! Me and my friends are committing some serious time and energy. Every episode is house/faction themed as follows:
    5 - We said Dragons Breath, and don't remember what that means. Probably spicy food. So baller Mexican food and good tequila... I think!?
    6 - All of Planetos (Steamship roast, cavier, expensive cheeses, and popping open some 40 year old tawny ports)

That’s awesome! We aren’t that fancy! I try to stick to appetizers, especially since I make/buy everything myself. Gotta keep it affordable! 
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Freddy said:

One of my favorite sushi dishes is called Dragon's Breath.  Just a suggestion.

And, it just so happens that I might be in Texas for the next 6 weeks....you know...if there are leftovers....not The Leftovers....
    Murderbear
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Here you go -

Whole jumbo soft-shell crab, scallion, cucumber, avocado and spicy mayo topped with fresh water eel and red tobiko, drizzled with chili oil and unagi sauce

Might be worth ordering out on sushi.
    cdrive
    edited April 10
    @liltcdavis For sure. It's three of us splitting the cost, and we all have sort of been saving/planning for this season's feasts ever since the last one ended. Also helps that most of the booze is already in our collections, so its really not as much of a hit to the 2019 budgets as it sounds like. The series finale is really the only one that's going to sting. Fuck it though. Gotta send these oligarchs to Valhalla in proper fashion.  

@DrKen What part of Texas?
    edited April 14
    The wars to come.

Kate23PeggyBweeniegirlliltcdavis