I survived Canada

Took a little trip north of the border.... Just wanted to let everyone know I wasn't taken down by a grizzly or a poutine or anything ... I was careful not to order any pizza though...
CretanBullFlukescdriveNoel

Comments

• CoryCory New Scotland
    edited April 11
    Did you see the Night King?  Run into any giant Snow bears?  Capture a wight to bring back to Cercei... wait a minute.

Cercei
    CeciliaM

You're Cercei, using an alias!

IT'S A TRAP!

Send in the direwolves, the dragons!

RELEASE THE KRACKEN!
    CretanBullCeciliaMFlukesNoel
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Oh, I loved Canada when I was in Niagara last summer.  It's so beautiful and everyone was so nice.  I'll definitely go back sometime - maybe to Niagara, maybe somewhere different.  I've thought it might be really cool to see Quebec City one day.
    CeciliaM
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Michelle said:
    Oh, I loved Canada when I was in Niagara last summer.  It's so beautiful and everyone was so nice.  I'll definitely go back sometime - maybe to Niagara, maybe somewhere different.  I've thought it might be really cool to see Quebec City one day.
    I recommend Banff National Park here in Alberta. Our bit of the Rockies is the best part. :D

Quebec City is still on my must-visit list. Haven't made it there yet.
    MichelleCretanBullmylifeaskirkCeciliaM
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    CeciliaM said:
    Took a little trip north of the border.... Just wanted to let everyone know I wasn't taken down by a grizzly or a poutine or anything ... I was careful not to order any pizza though...
    Glad to hear you didn’t get taken out by a death panel! 
    CretanBullCeciliaM
  • My understanding is that they have milk in bags.

In

Bags
    MichelleCeciliaM
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    tom_g said:
    My understanding is that they have milk in bags.

In

Bags
    I don't think I've seen milk in bags for about 25 years.  Is this still a thing out west?
    CeciliaM
  • Cory said:
    tom_g said:

In

Bags
    I don't think I've seen milk in bags for about 25 years.  Is this still a thing out west?
    Quebec & Ontario 
    CeciliaM
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Cory said:
    tom_g said:

In

Bags
    Quebec & Ontario 
    Well that's west from me, your a whole time zone behind me!  :p
    CeciliaM
    Cory said:
    tom_g said:

In

Bags
    It used to be a thing in Alberta when I was a kid. I remember our orange milk pitcher with the spike in the bottom. Nowadays we use cartons and 3.78L plastic jugs like civilized people. 
    CeciliaM
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Yours comes in a US gallon?  Ours comes in 4L plastic jugs (also in 2L or 1L or 500/250 ml plastic jugs or cartons).
    CeciliaM
    edited April 11
    Unless it's changed, yeah 3.78L
    Edit: Now you've got me wondering...

CeciliaM
  • Spend a week each summer north of Toronto in a small lake town. Can confirm milk bags. 
    CeciliaM
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    Whistler, BC is one of my favorite places on Earth.
    CeciliaM
  • Shit, I forgot to look for milk bags. I only had milk when I ordered coffee at Tim Horton's. They want you to say "how many milks" like that's a normal way to measure milk.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    CeciliaM said:
    Shit, I forgot to look for milk bags. I only had milk when I ordered coffee at Tim Horton's. They want you to say "how many milks" like that's a normal way to measure milk.
    Most of us get cream.

I just order an extra large double double.
  • Cory said:
    CeciliaM said:
    Shit, I forgot to look for milk bags. I only had milk when I ordered coffee at Tim Horton's. They want you to say "how many milks" like that's a normal way to measure milk.
    Most of us get cream.

Oh man. I didn't know that was an option. My uncle asked for "four milks" so i thought we were all saying a number of milks.

• Here's a lovely sandwich I had in Vancouver- It's a porchetta from Meat & Bread. It was suspiciously delicious... 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    CeciliaM said:
    Cory said:
    CeciliaM said:
    Most of us get cream.

Oh man. I didn't know that was an option. My uncle asked for "four milks" so i thought we were all saying a number of milks.
    If it's the same as this coast, you'll automatically get cream unless you specify milk.

• I asked how many milks people usually get and the clerk looked at me like I was insane. There was no indication anywhere of the quantity of said milks. It was all very foreign and confusing hahahaha In the end, I just asked for two milks and it tasted fine. 

CeciliaM said:
    I asked how many milks people usually get and the clerk looked at me like I was insane. There was no indication anywhere of the quantity of said milks. It was all very foreign and confusing hahahaha In the end, I just asked for two milks and it tasted fine. 

At Tim's the quantity of milk, cream, or even sugar is variable depending on the size of the coffee or tea. They put more in larger drinks. So, if you order two milk in a medium and like it, you should still order two milk if you order an extra large.

I'm a 2 cream 1 sugar man myself at Tim's. Second Cup is my preferred coffee shop chain though.
    CeciliaM
  • Flukes said:
    CeciliaM said:
    I asked how many milks people usually get and the clerk looked at me like I was insane. There was no indication anywhere of the quantity of said milks. It was all very foreign and confusing hahahaha In the end, I just asked for two milks and it tasted fine. 

At Tim's the quantity of milk, cream, or even sugar is variable depending on the size of the coffee or tea. They put more in larger drinks. So, if you order two milk in a medium and like it, you should still order two milk if you order an extra large.

I'm a 2 cream 1 sugar man myself at Tim's. Second Cup is my preferred coffee shop chain though.
    After he recovered himself, the clerk gave me a polite little speech about milks. "Some people like one milk, one sugar. Some people like two milks. Some people even like three milks." 
    Flukes
  • Flukes said:
    CeciliaM said:

Oh believe it or not, I had never been to Tim Hortons before. I had to go ... it was a block from our airbnb as well.