Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

edited April 12 in Movies
At Star Wars Celebration the name and trailer dropped! The end of the trailer gives me goosebumps 

https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs
blue_sleeveweeniegirl

Comments

• Lando!!

Palpatine laughing at the end??
    blue_sleeve[Deleted User]Elisa
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well, they still know how to make a compelling ass trailer! Interesting name.
  • MrX said:
    Lando!!

After they ran the trailer at celebration the actor who plays Palpatine came out and said roll it again 
    MrX[Deleted User]Elisa
  • I already like this more than The Last Jedi!
    BroRad33ken haleCayjin
    @MrX That's what I was going to say!! I went back and listened again. I guess it could be Snoke but I thought his voice was deeper...crazy
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited April 12
    Lando shot + that EMPORER PALPATINE reveal at the end  :o
  • edited April 12
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

The laugh is definitely palpatine. 

Lando = yes!

That was death star ruins in the ocean, right? 
    Elisa
  • asmallcat said:
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

Lando = yes!

Oooh, was it? Will go back and look again
    Hatorian
    Yeah. If they say Rey is a Skywalker at this point I will be pissed
    mjmullady
    MrX said:
    Lando!!

Yes, yes, yes it was. There had been rumors aplenty about Palpatine coming back and playing the big bad in this final movie, but I honestly never believed it.
  • MrX said:
    Lando!!

Yes, yes, yes it was. There had been rumors aplenty about Palpatine coming back and playing the big bad in this final movie, but I honestly never believed it.

Rey = a Palpatine theories are gonna come back strong.
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    asmallcat said:
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

Lando = yes!

How in the world would any bits of either Death Star be around? They were obliterated
  • asmallcat said:
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

Lando = yes!

How in the world would any bits of either Death Star be around? They were obliterated
    I mean, they were huge. We saw explosions, but there'd still be wreckage. 
    Murderbear
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    asmallcat said:
    asmallcat said:
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

Lando = yes!

I mean, they were huge. We saw explosions, but there'd still be wreckage. 
    I guess so. That shot in the trailer seems to be a pretty massive chunk though (had to be so people would know its the Death Star). Maybe I'm still overly jaded by some of the dumber stuff in The Last Jedi. Nevertheless, the trailer is well done!
  • Yeah. If they say Rey is a Skywalker at this point I will be pissed
    If they do, from now on all trilogy series need the same director. lol
    MurderbearJoshuaHeter
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited April 12
    Or to make the writers king. 

BroRad33 said:
    Yeah. If they say Rey is a Skywalker at this point I will be pissed
    If they do, from now on all trilogy series need the same director. lol

BroRad33
    This doesn't NECESSARILY confirm anything....but come on. Don't click if you don't like overt hints!

Found on Reddit. This was right after they showed the trailer at Star Wars celebration.

• Looks just as good as the Last Jedi. That's no sarcasm for me. I love the Last Jedi.

I am very curious how Palpatine plays into this and if JJ will weave his existence retroactively into the sequel trilogy as a shadowy influencer. 
    mjmullady
  • I think Disney has killed my love for Star Wars because I have zero desire to see that. 
    Elisaalexander.klassen
  • This doesn't NECESSARILY confirm anything....but come on. Don't click if you don't like overt hints!

Found on Reddit. This was right after they showed the trailer at Star Wars celebration.

So Snoke was a Force Projection of Palpatine, got it.
    Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 12
    get ready for the feels folks. Got chills when the Leia theme kicked in after Rey jumps the fighter.

Murderbearhisdudeness915
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I didn't hate the last jedi, but I wish JJ directed all of these and Rion Johnson hadn't been involved. 

Lot of bad decisions they are going to have to fix during this film. 
    JoshuaHeterblue_sleeveken hale
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    ... is it just me or is the Star Wars galaxy like 90% desert planets?
    CapeGabeLandscrapingken haleweeniegirl
    edited April 12
    This doesn't NECESSARILY confirm anything....but come on. Don't click if you don't like overt hints!

I don't think Disney/SW is hiding it at this point. It's 1000 times confirmed that Palpatine is at least involved in the story. They (Kathleen Kennedy and JJ) were even hinting at it on stage before the trailer by talking about "the greatest evil" in the movie and played coy when asked who it was. Then of course, they revealed it in the trailer and brought the actor out on stage directly after the reveal in case anyone was confused.
    ... is it just me or is the Star Wars galaxy like 90% desert planets?
    They're 100% breathable atmosphere planets. Even the ones that are just volcanoes and lava everywhere.
    JoshuaHeterken haleSanguinePenguin
    asmallcat said:
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

Lando = yes!

Nice call on the Death Star / ocean. I took a screen shot and it’s definitly possible, but I don’t think it’s definitive.

(50% serious) prediction: Palpatine survived being thrown down the mine shaft, and he just so happened to be in a part of the Death Star that was hurled off but remained in tact after the explosion in ROTJ. It fell to Endor which I guess isn’t 100% forest: it has a Lake Michigan sized lake, perhaps. And, he’s been hiding out there ever since. 

Which *means* in Episode IX... Ewoks baby!!!
    asmallcatMurderbearElisaCALVlLlAIN
  • asmallcat said:
    Trailer looks great.

That name is garbage. 

Lando = yes!

Nice call on the Death Star / ocean. I took a screen shot and it’s definitly possible, but I don’t think it’s definitive.

(50% serious) prediction: Palpatine survived being thrown down the mine shaft, and he just so happened to be in a part of the Death Star that was hurled off but remained in tact after the explosion in ROTJ. It fell to Endor which I guess isn’t 100% forest: it has a Lake Michigan sized lake, perhaps. And, he’s been hiding out there ever since. 

Which *means* in Episode IX... Ewoks baby!!!

Nonononononononononononononononoonooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    MurderbearJoshuaHeter
    I think Palpatine surviving being thrown down the tube could be explained. I mean, Darth Maul was cut in half and fell down a similarly endless shaft and survived so certainly a Sith Lord could. Not saying their explanation won't make me roll eyes to the back of my skull though.

But, he could also just be a force ghost. I mean, is that specifically only a light side power? If you're that powerful in the force, I can see being "more powerful than you can possibly imagine" even if you're a bad guy.
    blue_sleeve
    I think Palpatine surviving being thrown down the tube could be explained. I mean, Darth Maul was cut in half and fell down a similarly endless shaft and survived so certainly a Sith Lord could. Not saying their explanation won't make me roll eyes to the back of my skull though.

But, he could also just be a force ghost. I mean, is that specifically only a light side power? If you're that powerful in the force, I can see being "more powerful than you can possibly imagine" even if you're a bad guy.

Let’s save each other from the ensuing conversation. There are plenty of people saying it’s canon that Sith can’t be force ghosts, but allegedly there was a Sith ghost in one of the cartoons. *However*... it’s ambiguous about whether or not that’s a force ghost or some sort of an illusion.

At any rate... I don’t believe for a second that anyone involved on the Disney Star Wars team would box themselves in (story-wise) with that sort of detail.
    Murderbear
  • I think Palpatine surviving being thrown down the tube could be explained. I mean, Darth Maul was cut in half and fell down a similarly endless shaft and survived so certainly a Sith Lord could. Not saying their explanation won't make me roll eyes to the back of my skull though.

Let’s save each other from the ensuing conversation. There are plenty of people saying it’s canon that Sith can’t be force ghosts, but allegedly there was a Sith ghost in one of the cartoons. *However*... it’s ambiguous about whether or not that’s a force ghost or some sort of an illusion.

At any rate... I don’t believe for a second that anyone involved on the Disney Star Wars team would box themselves in (story-wise) with that sort of detail.
    Is it canon canon, or old EU not canon anymore canon?