801 - "Do We Really Not Know The Title Yet?"

Director: David Nutter
Writer: Dave Hill

For real, I can't find any name for this episode, anywhere. I've never seen that before!
CapeGabeMurderbearalexander.klassenElisaFreddy

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m calling it: no titles for the entire season
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    801: You Know No Titles Jon Snow. 
    Tulipblossomr0ck44blue_sleeve
  • DIRECTV just shows S8 E1 | Game of Thrones and says in the description as "The depicton of two powerful familes - kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and honest men - playing a deadly game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and to sit atop the Iron Throne."

Very generic and interesting that it doesn't at least say "Season Eight Premier" .
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    HBO and directv are all about no spoilers lol 
  • Maybe they are naming the episodes like Friends and thinks it might be bad if someone sees "The One Where Arya Stabs Cersei in the Face"
    Murderbeartelephoneofmadnesscdrivealexander.klassenTulipblossomMichelleMichaelCeciliaMDee
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 14
    My body is ready.  What’s everyone doing for festivities tonight? We got some of that GoT Johnny Walker that does indeed change pictures in the freezer. I played some GoT theme on guitar. The guitar tab versions online are all trash. Mine is the true path.  1 hr 13 min....

• I was too late to Total Wine today so they were all out of the GOT wine I was going to buy. They were also almost completely out of the wine and pint glasses they were selling. I grabbed the last two Targaryen pint glasses. They were completely out of everything else except Lannister pint and wine glasses. It looked like no one had bought any of those at all. Wonder why? ;) 
    CeciliaM
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    A show has no name.
    rkcrawfMurderbearUnibowlerdarwinfeeshyCeciliaMAussieGregr0ck44
  • Can instant talk start 10 mins after the end? Putting the babe down  :/
    Michelle
  • "There is Only One God"

Syrio confirmed.

j/k, j/k....
    CeciliaM
  • MichelleMichelle California
    gguenot said:
    Can instant talk start 10 mins after the end? Putting the babe down  :/
    Good idea!  It also gives people a few minutes to use the restroom, get something to eat, collect their thoughts, etc.
    gguenotmjmullady
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    New credit sequence rules!
    MichelleMichaelOliviaDCapeGabeweeniegirlNoelrkcrawfmostlywrightDrKengguenotand 7 others.
    This little boy reminds me of Gavroche in Les Mis.
    MichaelweeniegirlElisaDummySanguinePenguinmarleygirl84
  • Loving this so far!!
    Michelle
    This would have been *amazing* in 4DX!
    cdrive
  • All in all a good start. New title sequence was great. No one did stupid things for the sake of plot. Lots of memorable lines.

I think they might have to kill the dragons sooner than later. CGI dragons next to live actors looked like crap. I was a bit nervous after last season but this restored some faith.

Good effort.
    weeniegirlkc-laurenElisa
    Great episode! I think the whole laying bodies/body parts out in elaborate patterns is and has always been pretty dumb. That one was kind of cool looking at least with the fire and the almost Targaryen looking symbol.

There was also a shot looking down on Winterfell when the dragons first got there and they flew up towards the camera that may have been one of the worst looking shots in the entire series. The castle looked like they pulled it out of the title sequence and plopped it on a generic background. And as @CapeGabe said, the dragon riding was pretty iffy. But those are my only complaints. I can live them.

I totally thought Bran was being nice to Sam saying he was waiting for an old friend. The Jaime payoff was great.
    asmallcatElisaCeciliaM
    Damn. I can watch the Instant Take but it won't let me in to chat!
    kc-lauren
  • Cersei: "Man, I really wanted those fucking elephants"
    Eine FrauNoelcdriveBloodyTacoAww_PHuuCkLandscrapingElisaCeciliaMblacksunrise7AussieGregand 4 others.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Episode was titled “Winterfell” by the way. Apparently that was too much of a spoiler to reveal by HBO. 
    CeciliaMSanguinePenguin
    Even after you log in to YouTube?
  • Yeah I was having trouble trying to get into the instant watch chat too
  • Is the instant take part of the podcast out yet? 
    mykhailo
  • Indeed it is
  • It took awhile. Yes, I had to login to YouTube, go back to the BM page, and click the link again to get it. Otherwise, credentials aren’t carrying over. 
  • DrKen said:
    A show has no name.
    Underrated comment. 
    MurderbeargjulleenSanguinePenguin
    Michelle said:
    Even after you log in to YouTube?
    Yeah, it just took me straight to the Bald Move YouTube page. Sad face.
    Michellekc-lauren
  • I'm not talking about the Instant Talk. Just the instant take part. The one that isn't for club members. The free one. 
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Great episode! I think the whole laying bodies/body parts out in elaborate patterns is and has always been pretty dumb. That one was kind of cool looking at least with the fire and the almost Targaryen looking symbol.

There was also a shot looking down on Winterfell when the dragons first got there and they flew up towards the camera that may have been one of the worst looking shots in the entire series. The castle looked like they pulled it out of the title sequence and plopped it on a generic background. And as @CapeGabe said, the dragon riding was pretty iffy. But those are my only complaints. I can live them.

I totally thought Bran was being nice to Sam saying he was waiting for an old friend. The Jaime payoff was great.
    That was the same spiral symbol they always make, going all the way back to the same spiral stone pattern around the weirwood tree where the Night King was created.
    It did remind me of the Targaryen dragon symbol when they lit it on fire.

I just dont think that there is any possible way to make a person riding a flying CGI creature look natural in a live-action setting, no matter how much CGI money you dump into it. It will almost always look like Bastian riding Falkor.
    MurderbearElisarkcrawf
  • Arya weapon diagram looks like a spear with dragon glass on one end and the Valarian dagger on the other that separates and becomes two daggers. But she didn't give the dagger to Gendry so  that is probably wrong.
    Corymykhailo