Dissecting the Batman vs Superman and Predictions (potential spoilers)

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited April 2015 in Movies
Hi all,

just wanted to create a thread on some predictions and thoughts from the BvS trailer. I am not taking credit for any of the below. Pretty sure most of this has been circulated

So the first Interesting point in the trailer was that it sets up a possible 180 degree change from the Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. In that comic/novel/movie Superman is sent by the government to stop Batman but what we see in the trailer is that Superman may be The rogue and that Batman must don the cape in order to stop him. However, it may just be clever editing. I do think it would be interesting to do a REMIX on this plot point though. 

Did anyone else hear what appears to be Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) in the dialogue leading up the statue reveal? I am pretty sure that is Lex speaking about the devil from the sky piece. Sounds very much like Jesse. This would confirm some rumors that Lex is out to generate power against Superman as an alien that cannot be trusted. 

The trailer doesn't give away too much but some other interesting notes. 

- the Riddler sign in the broken down building is simply a easter egg.
- Batman holding what looks like a scoped rifle could potentially be a kryptonite based weapon.
- personally I don't think that is the batwing or a drone(based off earlier rumors). I think that is possible a Lexcorp vehicle of some sort. I do not think we will see Batman kill anyone. 

Overall I thought it was a cool trailer and much different to what we have seen in terms of focusing heavily on dialogue and little plot. I also think Jeremy Irons is going to kill it as Alfred. His lines were the best part of the trailer. 

ksa1001

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Michael Caine should play Alfred in every single incarnation of Batman from now until the end of time.