What grinds my gears (today)

DeeDee Adelaide
When there’s 3 of you sitting in an office pod and one of you hasn’t gotten around to watching Game of Thrones yet and won’t let the other two say a single word about it. 

MichelleFrakkin TcdriveCretanBullCeciliaMNoelTravisdjcaudle01FunBagGrabber

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    I was getting ready to vent about people driving 65 in the left lane but your post cracked me up.  :lol:  *So* relatable in my workplace today!
    DeeFrakkin TNoelTravis
  • I shamefully admit to being that person today....I was busy last night and couldn't watch GOT until today :(
    Frakkin TTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @CretanBull Monster. 
    CretanBullMurderbearNoelTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Also, when you’ve been at work for an hour and then realise you have a stain on your shirt. This is not my day. 
    CeciliaMMurderbear
  • I shamefully admit to being that person today....I was busy last night and couldn't watch GOT until today :(
    We just sat our 18 month old in her crib with a plate of spaghetti and a baba and said "good luck" while we were rushing to watch as it aired

(we didnt do that, dont call CPS)
    DeeMichellecdriveTxSandManCretanBullCeciliaMFrakkin TMurderbearNoeltom_gand 1 other.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Well, I’m wound up now so I’m going to add anyone who responds to you with “You do realise...?” 

You do realise you’re a condescending twat, right? (No one here, btw.) 
    Frakkin TNoel
  • Yeah, with GoT, all bets are off. We watch it exactly at the time it airs, otherwise it's spoilers everywhere!
    DeeMurderbear
  • gguenot said:
    I shamefully admit to being that person today....I was busy last night and couldn't watch GOT until today :(
    We just sat our 18 month old in her crib with a plate of spaghetti and a baba and said "good luck" while we were rushing to watch as it aired

(we didnt do that, dont call CPS)
    This seems like legit parenting to me, as long as you didn't give her a fork...
    gguenotMurderbear
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I started a Slack chat room at work last week for the final season. Within 15 minutes someone had come in and demanded that we thread conversations so people who hadn't seen the episode yet wouldn't be spoiled. I told them to piss off--this is a GOT chat and if you're here before you've seen the episode, that is on you. 
    tom_g
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Frakkin T Yeah, that’s some outrageous entitlement. As someone who has no choice but to watch it later than the US due to time zones, I hate spoilers on news sites and whatnot where you wouldn’t necessarily expect to find them, but in something specifically set up to discuss it - just don’t go there! 
    MurderbearNoel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited April 16
    Dee said:
    When there’s 3 of you sitting in an office pod and one of you hasn’t gotten around to watching Game of Thrones yet and won’t let the other two say a single word about it. 

Easy. You look them square in the eyes and say "All we want to talk about is Game of Thrones, and we can't because of you. This is your fault, so now you have to come up with the topic of conversation for the pod. If it isn't as interesting as talking about the new Game of Thrones episode, then you're going to have to either go home or plug your ears."
    CeciliaM
  • Clearly the answer is to call in sick every Monday for the next 6 weeks so you can watch it when it airs!

tom_g
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    CeciliaM said:
    Clearly the answer is to call in sick every Monday for the next 6 weeks so you can watch it when it airs!

im saving my sick day for Battle of Winterfell....it airs 9AM monday morning here. 
    DeeCeciliaMNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Freddy said:
    Easy. You look them square in the eyes and say "All we want to talk about is Game of Thrones, and we can't because of you. This is your fault, so now you have to come up with the topic of conversation for the pod. If it isn't as interesting as talking about the new Game of Thrones episode, then you're going to have to either go home or plug your ears."
    God no. He’s one of those dudes who is fixated on topics of particular interest to himself and will bang on about them ad nauseum, even when I have bluntly stated, “I have no interest in this topic.” My hard rule is never give him an opening and never ask him a question. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    CeciliaM said:
    Clearly the answer is to call in sick every Monday for the next 6 weeks so you can watch it when it airs!

I did set up my schedule to leave as early as possible on Mondays for the next 6 weeks. The downside is that I now have to work till 5:20 today and each Tuesday and Wednesday when I would normally finish at 3:50. 

HatorianCeciliaMSanguinePenguinNoel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    never seen the show but plan to when it's done. i don't mind when people talk about it around me cause i kinda tune em out and will prob forget when i watch. that's what happen with Breaking Bad and it was still great.
    btw.. office nail clipper grinned my gears today :# . i let out a giant sigh and threw on my headphones.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Chinaski What kind of feral bogan clips their nails in an office? 
    ChinaskiCeciliaMSanguinePenguinNoel
    Dee said:
    oblivious people that live in a nail clipping bubble? i dunno, but it makes my skin crawl.

btw - 'feral bogan'? love it! kinda want a shirt that says 'nice shirt you feral bogan!'.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:
    Dee said:
    oblivious people that live in a nail clipping bubble? i dunno, but it makes my skin crawl.

btw - 'feral bogan'? love it! kinda want a shirt that says 'nice shirt you feral bogan!'.
    Iconic bogan - non-feral type. 

https://youtu.be/9QCgqQdmr0M
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:
    Dee said:

I used to share an office with a guy who clipped his nails all the time. Went to borrow a paperclip from his desk one day on to discover that he kept an old paperclip box in his desk filled with all his nail clippings. 
  • fidoz said:
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:
    Dee said:

I used to share an office with a guy who clipped his nails all the time. Went to borrow a paperclip from his desk one day on to discover that he kept an old paperclip box in his desk filled with all his nail clippings. 
    That's some serial killer shit right there. I'm amazed you made it out alive. 
    SanguinePenguinNoelChinaskiCeciliaM
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    One of my first experiences on a city bus in my college days involved my unacquainted seat mate pulling off their shoes and clipping toenails. 

Most uncomfortable ride of my life.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    fidoz said:
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:
    Dee said:

There are not enough EWWWWWWs in the world for that. 
    Chinaskimtron32
  • DeeDee Adelaide

Brieanne said:
    One of my first experiences on a city bus in my college days involved my unacquainted seat mate pulling off their shoes and clipping toenails. 

Most uncomfortable ride of my life.
    See, this is why I always live within walking distance of my work. 
    CeciliaM
    Dee said:
    fidoz said:
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:
    Dee said:

There are not enough EWWWWWWs in the world for that. 
    haha i didn't even know what to say to that i was so grossed out. well put @dee haha
    Noel
  • Men are disgusting sometimes. Not all men, but they can take office hygiene to some pretty dark lows.
  • Oh is this a thread to complain about IRL stuff we can't complain about IRL? Because I have some relatives who fucked off to Canada because of Vietnam in the 70s and have lived there since. I spent some time with them last week and they couldn't stop talking about how much they watch Rachel Maddow and how terrible everything is in the US etc etc. I don't blame them for their decision in the 70s and I don't blame them for watching Rachel Maddow but you haven't lived in the US for almost 50 years so can you please just STOP!

Whew, I feel better
    CeciliaM said:
    Men are disgusting sometimes. Not all men, but they can take office hygiene to some pretty dark lows.
    Agreed.  I work with a lot of guys and you can definitely tell the difference between how my office smells (a hint of Bath & Body Works scents usually), and how theirs smells (they share an office).  I mean, I know it's #notallmen.  Just saying, I do appreciate a well-groomed guy who smells great though.

This totally feels like when you're young and all "ew, boys are stinky!".  lol
    CeciliaM
    fidoz said: