Unofficially Officially Unofficial Game of Thrones Death Pool discussion thread

JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
edited April 17 in Game of Thrones
Hello Movement!  So far we have 1 episode under our belts and ZERO DEATHS!

What a disappointment.  There's still 5 episodes to go.  Certainly all your picks will die by the end.  

If you chose Lord Umber or Robbie Macaroni, give yourself a pat on the back.  But none of you did, so disregard that.

Best of luck to you all and may the worst Mover win.  

Now for some nerd stuff.

We had 19 entries.

Most likely to survive according to the entrants:
Lyanna Mormont and Samwell Tarly tie with 18 Alive votes!
Little Sam in third with 17 Alive votes!
Tyrion, Gendry, and Sansa all have 16 Alive votes.
Gilly received 14 Alive votes.
Missandei had 13.
Meera, Nymeria, Podrick, and Brienne all round out the list of majority votes with 11 each.

Most likely to die:
NOBODY thinks Cersei, Euron, The Mountain, Beric, Melisandre, or Qyburn will survive the season. 
Only 1 of you poor summer children thinks Jamie will survive.
3 hopeful people chose to believe that The Hound and Tormund make it through to the end.
Theon and Jorah both got 4 votes of confidence.
Finally Varys, Greyworm, Daario, and Dolorous Edd all got 5 votes of confidence.  

Everyone else was somewhere in between 6 and 10.

Most likely to join the army of the undead:
6 of you heartless jerks think Tormund will join the army of the undead.
5 voted for Dolorous Edd, Euron, and Bran.

Scores as of episode 1:
Cory 23
TelephoneOfMadness 18
Rose 18
JoshTheBlack 17
AllTheChickens 17
Tulipblossom 17
Murderbear 16
brielara27 16
TheRealCrazyDave 15
Hatorian 14
Teresa from Concord 14
letrbuck2006 14
jluzania 13
kate23 13
budesigns 12
MoonMan13 12
jsny88 11
Doctor_Nick 11
Flukes 8

Since no one of import has died, remember that a higher score now is directly linked with an optimistic outlook of the show.

Finally, if you think this has a happy ending... you haven't been paying attention. 

EDIT:  If anyone is interested in my spreadsheet, you can view it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PrHTsHzm6ynbf56O5TZUrQVN0htPIDW5bqDLfFyePlU
FlukesRoseMurderbearsamartianKate23SanguinePenguintelephoneofmadnessBenTheRealCrazyDaveTeresa from Concordand 1 other.

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    This is awesome. I love number crunching like this
    CoryFlukes
  • The scores are if all entries are correct?

I'm a slow learner. It's true. 
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Kate23 said:
    The scores are if all entries are correct?

Scores as of Episode 1.  Basically, since everyone on the form is still alive, it's 1 point for every person who you marked as alive.  Scores will change drastically as people die.
    Kate23
  • Kate23 said:
    The scores are if all entries are correct?

Scores as of Episode 1.  Basically, since everyone on the form is still alive, it's 1 point for every person who you marked as alive.  Scores will change drastically as people die.
    Thankew. 
    Added a link to my spreadsheet in the first post for anyone who might be interested.  (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PrHTsHzm6ynbf56O5TZUrQVN0htPIDW5bqDLfFyePlU)
    SanguinePenguinKate23
  • edited April 17
    @JoshTheBlack this is amazing and I literally laughed out loud reading the title to this post.  Thank you for number crunching as well, that's extremely interesting. 

Also hilarious moment for me anyways.  I made up my own death pool list for a group of friends of mine and made them fill it out when they came over for the GOT premier.  Naturally I used your list as a template and without realizing it including the name Daario Nyquillis without even giving it a second thought.  Needless to say I laughed when it was brought up and then went on to explain to all my friends why his last name on the sheet was Nyquillis and not Naharis. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I didn't have a big picture in mind at all as I filled in my entry. I didn't even notice that I'd only selected 8 people to survive! I can't conceive of a finish that would make my ballot 100% correct but I do know it would be an amazing bloodbath.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Did any of the other 17 people who guessed Sam would survive make that guess because he's GRRM's Mary Sue? 
    TheRealCrazyDavetelephoneofmadness
  • edited April 18
    Flukes said:
    Did any of the other 17 people who guessed Sam would survive make that guess because he's GRRM's Mary Sue? 
    Something like that. I thought the whole unit of Sam, Gilly, and Little Sam were safe. Now that Sam has passed on the info about the dragonglass and Jon Snow's parents, he's potentially in danger. On the other hand, I think he's now the only male heir of House Tarly. When Team Dany beats Cersei, Sam could be released from the Night's Watch and marry Gilly, making her a Lady. I think that is what the Sam/Gilly arc has been building up to (foreshadowed in the episode when Sam introduced Gilly to his parents).
  • budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC
    I didn't realize you'd be awarding points after every episode.
    Are they cumulative (like, if that person is still alive after episode 2, they score another point?)? Seems weird. 
    Likewise, after you correctly predict a death, do you get another point after the next episode if they're still dead ...?

After thinking about it, it seems more likely that they aren't cumulative, and as people die, you'll be taking points off the board for previously surviving characters. But, I'm not sure. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Flukes said:
    I thought GRRMs Sam was Tolkien’s Sam. I mean you can argue that a lot of the stuff Sam has done already has saved a lot of people. And maybe there’s one more thing for him to do for Jon
  • budesigns said:
    I didn't realize you'd be awarding points after every episode.
    Are they cumulative (like, if that person is still alive after episode 2, they score another point?)? Seems weird. 
    Likewise, after you correctly predict a death, do you get another point after the next episode if they're still dead ...?

After thinking about it, it seems more likely that they aren't cumulative, and as people die, you'll be taking points off the board for previously surviving characters. But, I'm not sure. 
    I think he's just giving a current rankings if said episode were the last kind of situation.  I don't think he's doing it cumulative at all just adding another aspect to look at the Death Pool. 
  • Flukes said:
    I think you could partially say that regarding my choosing of him being alive but my thought process was there has to be somebody to tell this story and I love the idea behind Sam writing the history of everything that has happened in Game of Thrones.  
    Okay.  New episode in half an hour.  I'll update the thread with new stats either tomorrow or Tuesday. In the mean time, I hope all your picks choke on their roast duck or fall prey to the army of the Night King. 
    TheRealCrazyDave
    Pssh. Well I hope all YOUR picks live happily ever after!
  • Well Episode 2 didn't have any deaths so that makes it easier for @JoshTheBlack
    telephoneofmadness
  • Already regretting that I predicted death for Brienne. Don't know what I was thinking there. Should have tuned into more preseason podcasts.
    telephoneofmadness
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Man I don’t want anyone sitting around that fire to die. But I also want a bidet so a few are in the dead row. 
    jluzania said:
    Already regretting that I predicted death for Brienne. Don't know what I was thinking there. Should have tuned into more preseason podcasts.
    I don't know, she had several quite touching moments this episode.  You know it's pretty typical in shows for people to get those extra touching moments right before they die.  I have my fingers crossed for you. And by that logic, I think Jorah might be biting the bullet too.  He finally gets some Valeryian steel, just in time to die.

New standings:

Cory 23
    Tulipblossom 19
    TelephoneOfMadness 18
    Rose 18
    JoshTheBlack 17
    AllTheChickens 17
    TheRealCrazyDave 15
    Murderbear 16
    brielara27 16
    Hatorian 14
    Teresa from Concord 14
    letrbuck2006 14
    jluzania 13
    kate23 13
    budesigns 12
    MoonMan13 12
    jsny88 11
    Doctor_Nick 11
    Flukes 8

This week the scores are unchanged!  We're 1/3 through and ZERO (important) DEATHS.  BOOOOOO!
    [Changes in the rankings have occurred due to a mistake I found in the calculations on my spreadsheet.  These scores are what should have been listed last week too.]

Also, @Teresa from Concord unfortunately there were not enough entrants for the bidet prize.  This game is just for fun.
    Teresa from Concord
  • Granted he isn't a major character by any means but I never once thought of him regarding our death pool.... Robin Arryn.  Honestly I doubt we'll see him again or if we do maybe at the very end of the season but just somebody I never really even thought of regarding the death pool. 
  • If Bran wargs into the weirwood.net as the Godswood gets nuked by Viserion next episode, does that count as "dead"?
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Robin is busy being breastfed by a giant.
    MurderbearTheRealCrazyDaveCeciliaM
    At least he'll grow up to be big and strong!
  • Robin is busy being breastfed by a giant.
    He did grow exceptionally fast.  One minute he was a breast feeding little shit the next minute he was towering over Baelish.
    Alright guys, this is it.  The episode we've all been waiting for.  The hour of the reaper draws nigh!  

For the hell of it, I'm giving everyone 2 bonus points if Hodor shows up undead on the battlefield.
    RenaisWomnTheRealCrazyDaveCeciliaM
  • edited April 29
    I'm scared most for Arya and Gendry! No one survives zombies after getting laid!!

After episode edit: Welp, screwed the pooch on that one, but good for the pool!
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    So I’m guessing Ms. “Suddenly Appearing in this Epsiode” really fucked with a lot of people’s death pools for this episode. 
    TheRealCrazyDavetelephoneofmadness
  • Is there anyone we aren't sure if they are dead or alive?
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Well. I’m fucked. Should have just went with dead or alive.