"801 Winterfell SpoiLore Edition" Response

Hello! Long time listener, first time poster. If this is the wrong place for this post, I sincerely apologize and request that you let me know where I should send it or whether I should just shut up. :) 

There was a question from a listener asking if Rhaegar's marriage annulment would result in Danaerys' becoming a bastard. While I thought the resulting discussion and how inheritance would work in the Catholic Church was very interesting, Dany's father was The Mad King, not Rhaegar. Obviously once she learns that Jon/Aegon has the stronger claim, her own claim to the throne will be put into question, but her brother's marriage annulment should have no affect on her legitimacy as a Targaryen.

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    He said yesterday on lunch he realized his mistake. I thought it was funny because I listened to the SPOILore episode after lunch so the whole time I was just laughing and shaking my head.
  • edited April 20
    Oh, whoops! I don't have Twitter so I didn't even think to check there before posting. Sorry!
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 20
    Oh, whoops! I don't have Twitter so I didn't even think to check there before posting. Sorry!

All good - I'm sure there are plenty of folks in the forums not on Twitter!
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Many Ravens will be sent!
    gguenotSanguinePenguin
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Many Ravens will be sent!
    I just got one saying the gold made it through the gates.
    Teresa from ConcordmylifeaskirkMurderbeargguenotbudesignsSanguinePenguin
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited April 20
    While we are airing out correction grievances that have probably already been emailed to A.Ron 100 times now:

Qyburn is not the first person in Westeros to use a ballista weapon. Queen Rhaenys, sister of Aegon, was famously killed in the First Dornish War by a bolt from a scorpion ballista weapon. Her dragon Meraxes was shot straight the the eye in midair which sent them tumbling to both of their deaths. I'm sure any learned Westerosi historian or child who has been told stories about dragons has known about this story and weapon.
    BloodyTacosamartian