GAME OF THRONES DISCUSSION POLICY READ BEFORE CREATING GAME OF THRONES THREADS

In order to offer proper explanations on the relative content of Game of Thrones threads, and in order to protect the general community from unwanted spoilers, it seems that there needs to be some clarification. 
So going forward here is the discussion policy for Game of Thrones:

1. General Discussions - This means episode only discussion. As soon as an episode has aired on HBO at 9:00 pm EST any and all content which appeared in that episode is fair game for any and all threads under the “Game of Thrones” category or anything labeled as “Game of Thrones” unless explicitly stated within the thread. This includes any episodes previously aired but does not include anything about future episodes be they books spoilers, production leaks, or advance released episodes. If something has not aired on HBO at 9:00 pm EST you cannot post about it in a general discussion thread, you may only post about it on properly labeled threads. 

2. Spoiler Threads - Any theories, lore, future information or any and all content derived from reading any book in the A Song Of Ice and Fire canon (and that means main series and spin-offs) must be placed inside a thread clearly labeled as Spoilers. Preferably, you should label them appropriately eg. “Fire and Blood Spoilers Discussion” or “Book theories Spoiler Discussion” but in general assume that any GoT thread labeled as spoilers is fair game for both episode and book discussion unless stated otherwise within the thread. You cannot discuss Production leaks or episode content that has not been aired on HBO at 9:00 pm EST in these threads. 

3. Early Releases Episode Discussions - These threads include discussion about episodes which have been released before 9:00 pm EST on HBO. These must be explicitly labeled as “Game of Thrones (Insert Season and Episode number here) Early/Advance Release Episode Discussion” Not Spoilers, Not General Episode Discussion. Treat this thread like any other General Episode Discussion, anything from the episode or earlier episodes is fair game, Book spoilers, future episode spoilers, and/or leaks are not. If you would like to discuss these things in your thread you must add their appropriate labels to the title so that everyone is aware of what is fair game inside the thread. 

4. Production Leaks/Future Episode Spoilers - These threads must be labeled as “Leak” threads. Unless explicitly stated in the title or first post, everything is fair game in these threads, leaks, episodes, books, everything. Discuss to your hearts contents. Do Not Post anything related to Production Leaks or Unofficially Released Information outside of these threads. I don’t care if you heard it from a reputable source or from your drunk friends, don’t talk about anything not officially released outside of a leak thread. 

These are not entirely set in stone but in general please make sure you title your threads in a similar fashion as is appropriate for the content you wish to discuss. If you are unsure of how to properly label a thread or have further questions regarding the spoiler policy here please feel free to direct message one of the mods (probably me) about it. 

If you knowingly break any of these guidelines there will be consequences similar to if you had knowingly violated one of the general forum rules.  

If this all seems tedious, worry not, the show is only airing for four more weeks. Since this is the final season I appreciate everyone here at the Bald Move community taking their time and effort to ensure that everyone can experience Game of Thrones in their preferred manner. Thank you all in advance for your courtesy and consideration. 
gguenotDeeNoelsarahtatugahisdudeness915budesignsKate23weeniegirlawookieejules1398and 5 others.

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Thank you
  • Just for clarification for everybody, where would you like the "next week on" type of stuff posted in? 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    There’s an alleged synopsis of next week’s episode that’s been leaked and there are spoilers everywhere, so be careful out there. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited April 22
    “Next Week On” preview stuff airs at the end of the episodes so I feel like it’s fine to discuss that within the General Episode Discussions. It’s more or less speculation about what’s going to happen next. If people disagree though then we can have that conversation. Stuff like entire episode synopses are obviously Leaks and would go in a leak thread. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Yeah, this is an entire episode synopsis. I saw it on ONTD and Reddit and apparently it’s all over Twitter. 
  • I been listening to few other GOT podcasts beside baldmove and its driving me crazy how those other people clearly read some leaks and they're passing it along as informed predictions.for example I had to stop Dave Chen and Joanna Robinson episode one third in because every few sentences Joanna mentions she read the script then she assured us she doesn't know what happens next . Does this bother anyone else 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    After some discussion, “Next Time On” Discussions have been relegated to their own threads. Please talk about previews for upcoming episodes in that thread and not in the general episode threads. You may also discuss any episodes that have already aired on television in that thread as well. 
    Dee
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    mft9186 said:
    I been listening to few other GOT podcasts beside baldmove and its driving me crazy how those other people clearly read some leaks and they're passing it along as informed predictions.for example I had to stop Dave Chen and Joanna Robinson episode one third in because every few sentences Joanna mentions she read the script then she assured us she doesn't know what happens next . Does this bother anyone else 
    She's a bit of an asshat
This discussion has been closed.