Endgame early reactions are out (no spoilers)

All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
It's that time again where the early geeked-out reactions from writers are here to hype up an already incredibly anticipated movie.

John Campea discusses it in very general terms and says the first 2 hours are enjoyable but a little uneven, BUT the last hour of the movie is the best hour of any cinematic experience you will have all year and a "magnificent geeks wet-dream"

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/avengers-endgame-first-reactions-epic-emotional-endgame-exceeds-expectations/

https://www.thisisinsider.com/avengers-endgame-first-reactions-positive-excited-2019-4

Comments

• Dave Chen is typically pretty fair and critical in his movie reviews ... here's his reaction:

All the Chickens
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Wow. I'm surprised at Dave Chen's reaction. I rarely if ever see him geek out like that. He's normally so analytical when I listen to him talk about TV and movies.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited April 23
    Wow. I'm surprised at Dave Chen's reaction. I rarely if ever see him geek out like that. He's normally so analytical when I listen to him talk about TV and movies.

yea that reaction does have me more hyped - Dave is for sure not one to geek out at just any MCU movie. If anything he's usually the one in the podcast who is more down on a movie than the other reviewers.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah. He has no problem calling Marvel movies out on their failings. That response caught me off guard. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Are they all seeing this in the same screenings where a bunch of fanboys are losing their minds? I feel like that's going to skew perception the same way it does when you see a good comedy with a room full of friends who are all into it. I hope it's good but this feels like the same response to Last Jedi which turned out fine but wasn't like a new era of entertainment or whatever.
    Are they all seeing this in the same screenings where a bunch of fanboys are losing their minds? I feel like that's going to skew perception the same way it does when you see a good comedy with a room full of friends who are all into it. I hope it's good but this feels like the same response to Last Jedi which turned out fine but wasn't like a new era of entertainment or whatever.
    Much of the premiere screening crowds seem to be people who are in some capacity part of the media, whether they are a writer/reviewer for a website, a youtuber, etc. But I'm certain that there are super fans in there as well.

Not that it matters to me if that were the case, because it's good if fanboys/fangirls are geeking out in theaters. Of course, TLJ is still a 91% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes from professional movie critics, despite all of the gnashing of teeth, so it's not as if initial reactions from these same critics in early TLJ premieres were proven wrong after they wrote their reviews. If anything, it was the opposite, and the people who didn't like TLJ were mostly the fanboys.
    FWIW, actual reviews are coming out now that the embargo lifted at 3PM PDT

'Avengers: Endgame' is a mix of a heist movie and revenge tale that is even better than 'Infinity War'

https://www.businessinsider.com/avengers-endgame-is-even-better-than-infinity-war-2019-4
    edited April 24
    Certified Fresh at 98% fresh with 85 reviews so far. I honestly thought that this would be in the mid to upper 80's percent.

Of course I'm sure that the opening night and weekend critic reviews will knock it down a few.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    One of the benefits of living in Singapore. Going to see the movie in an hour. 
    All the Chickens
  • edited April 26
    Not 100% related but I thought this was funny- Seen at a bar near a movie theater in Baltimore.

Also they have it taped to the bar, HAHAHA

All the ChickensRyanReeseman
  • CeciliaM said:
    Not 100% related but I thought this was funny- Seen at a bar near a movie theater in Baltimore.

Also they have it taped to the bar, HAHAHA

This is awesome.