World War Z or Days Gone?

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
trying to decide which one to pick. Days Gone comes out in about 30 minutes. one is multi-player focused and the other is single player but the main attraction is the same for both. Battling 100s of zombies at once. ill most likely go with Days Gone since im more single player lately. but if anyone has picked up WWZ and can comment on it let me know. 
cdrive

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited April 26
    Both have mixed to average reviews, so I would say they both suck. Get Organ Trail instead:

Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Went with Days gone. Saw the reviews before purchasing but still pulled the trigger. Many critics knocked the game down for its story which honestly I couldn’t care less about. I’m going to judge this game on 2 things. 1 the fun and terror of survivability. And 2 the battles against the hordes. Firing it up now. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I picked up Days Gone from Redbox. I know that complaining about day 1 patches is lame and played out but damn. It is still really deflating when you put a disco in and you have to download a 19gb file first.
    edited April 28
    I am a few hours in and I think it's okay. A lot more stealth than I was expecting, which is great. The game looks beautiful. I am playing with headphones on and the sounds of the environment and the freakers (why can't they just call them zombies? I get that every universe wants to put their own spin on it but it sounds so dumb) is fantastic. I love the sound of the rain and the thunderstorms.

I think I hate every single character in this game. Deacon, the main character, is an idiot douche. I hate the way he has to say "Deacon out" to his buddy Boozer on the radio. It's just the two of you. Also, you're talking about taking out other camps over a radio. Maybe don't use your name so often. I am fighting the urge to just automatically skip every cutscene. I just don't care about their dumb bullshit.

But like I said, the game itself is alright. Scavenging, stealth, motorcycles. It's got a lot of what I like. I just wish the flavor was a whole lot better.
    darwinfeeshy
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Yea. I LOVE that you can skip cutscenes. Every game should have that. And yea I think the critics were right about the story and character. But the game itself is good. Has some elements of The last of US and Metal Gear. 
    Murderbear
    It kind of reminds me of the Mad Max game from a couple years ago, which I actually really loved and think got overlooked by a lot of people.
    darwinfeeshyHatorian