NFL 2019/20 Chat Thread

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
schedules are out and draft is over.. i think a new NFL thread can get started.

so what are your thoughts on the draft? Bears didn't draft till the 3rd round and i loved the pick. there was 3 RB's i really wanted.. Miles Sanders, David Montgomery and Devin Singletary and they got Montgomery. then in the 4th they snag Riley Ridley which was a pleasant surprise.
Hatorian

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Nothing to see here. The Cowboys are winning the Super Bowl this season.

/thread
    Chinaski
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Bears had a great draft but man their schedule is tough. I Guess it’s good from an experience perspective as it helps them for the playoffs if they make it. 

They are still a kicker away from being a complete team though. they have good depth pretty much everyone except for the secondary. I don’t think I have been this excited for a Bears season since 2006. 
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Bears had a great draft but man their schedule is tough. I Guess it’s good from an experience perspective as it helps them for the playoffs if they make it. 

They are still a kicker away from being a complete team though. they have good depth pretty much everyone except for the secondary. I don’t think I have been this excited for a Bears season since 2006. 
    still waiting how the Gould/Niners drama pans out. i'd love to see him back. however, i just read today that he just sold his Illinois mansion which isn't a good sign.
    Chinaski said:
    Hatorian said:

still waiting how the Gould/Niners drama pans out. i'd love to see him back. however, i just read today that he just sold his Illinois mansion which isn't a good sign.
    49ers plan on competing so there’s no way they are giving him up. Best case scenario is they go 0-6 before the trade deadline and then trade him to the Bears. But they are not giving into his demands and he is not going to give up franchise tag money. He’s a 49er and will be for the foreseeable future. 
    Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:
    Hatorian said:

49ers plan on competing so there’s no way they are giving him up. Best case scenario is they go 0-6 before the trade deadline and then trade him to the Bears. But they are not giving into his demands and he is not going to give up franchise tag money. He’s a 49er and will be for the foreseeable future. 
    gotta say tho.. 36 year old kicker with a franchise tag, then coming with a list of demands is pretty awesome. well, if he's not the kicker week 1, then maybe they go with the kid with the worse last name for a kicker that they have in camp.. Chris Blewitt :|
    I’m gonna put money that the kicker for the Bears season is currently not on the roster. 
    most likely they are going to pick up a kicker who gets cut during training camps
    Chinaski
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    49ers had an interesting draft. The first two picks make total sense, and then they got weird with another wideout and a punter in the third and fourth. At least it wasn't just all safeties and guards like it was in the Baalke era. Deebo and Bosa were no brainers and fill their two biggest needs and it's pretty obvious how they're going to fit in with the team.

The Jalen Hurd pick was really unexpected, a slight reach on a receiver who started out as a running back with the size of a tight end. My theory is that this is a reaction to the hallmark of the Shanahan era so far which is every single god damn skill position player being injured and guys off other team's practice squads getting starts after week 10. While everyone is healthy, they can scheme up some interesting novelty plays since he can line up in so many different spots, but then when 5 wideouts sprain their ankles in week 3 and all the RBs are injured again and they're pulling guys off the street anywhere they can find, this guy can fill in a bunch of different roles. He's raw but he's got the physical traits to be awesome so it'll be interesting to see what they do with him and what he turns out being in a few years.

The punter in the 4th got a lot of criticism but I'm cool with it looking back at the track record of players from the 4th+ rounds. At least this guy is going to contribute every game and if he's as good as they think he is there are going to be a lot of drives with the bad guys starting behind the 20 and a shiny new D-line ready to get after them.

The Gould stuff is really disappointing considering how many teams have struggled with kickers and how terrible the niners are in the red zone, but he's gonna have to suck it up and play at least through this year. They tried to get Gostkowski and let Gould go back to Chicago but it didn't work out and they're not going to just not have a good kicker this year because the guy doesn't feel like being here. Hopefully next year there are guys available.

Can't wait till September, basketball and whatever it is the Giants are this season can only hold me over for so long.
  • Noel said:

/thread

Oh boy, here comes the Cowboy fans.

The Cowboys have won the preseason Superbowl for the past 50 years in a row!

:) 
    Noel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 1
    Dammit that's the 2nd time in a row I'll be out of town and it's the Texan's bye week.  Oooh but Lions @ Bears when I'm in Chicago. That might be fun to go to... ....cheapest ticket $110. Fuck that idea.  
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    CapeGabe said:
    Noel said:

/thread

Oh boy, here comes the Cowboy fans.

The Cowboys have won the preseason Superbowl for the past 50 years in a row!

:) 
    Hell yeah, and we’re making it 51 in a row!
    CapeGabe
    one of those studs with the best last name for a kicker.. Chris Blewitt :|
    Noel
    edited May 4
    We just need the 85 Bears. Don’t need a kicker If we shut out our playoff opponents and win by an average margin of 30 points. 
    edited May 4
    Hatorian said:
    We just need the 85 Bears. Don’t need a kicker If we shut out our playoff opponents and win by an average margin of 30 points. 
    85 Bears had the great Kevin Butler yo

edit: even gave a fair warning to Gould..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/Kevin-Butler-Robbie-Gould-warning-131700828/Amp/
    Yea but the Bears didn’t need him in the playoffs. I could have been their kicker at 1 year old that year. They shut out their opponents in the divisional and championship round. Then stomped the patriots. 
    bears should have won back to back if it wasn’t for that dirtbag Charles Martin. had that shit happened nowadays he would have been suspended way more than 2 games and fined big time. McMahon was never the same after that  :(
    Chinaski said:
    bears should have won back to back if it wasn’t for that dirtbag Charles Martin. had that shit happened nowadays he would have been suspended way more than 2 games and fined big time. McMahon was never the same after that  :(
    Never wish injury on a player but I feel like the bears got payback on that hit 2 times with Rodgers. 

Last year they fucked his entire season with the knee injury and then a few years ago we separated his shoulder on a sack that ruined him for that season too
    Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:
    Never wish injury on a player but I feel like the bears got payback on that hit 2 times with Rodgers. 

Last year they fucked his entire season with the knee injury and then a few years ago we separated his shoulder on a sack that ruined him for that season too
    i hear ya, but both of those injuries combined don't come close to that McMahon bodyslam. it was brutal. again, could you imagine if that happened nowadays? oof!

Oh yea. It was bad. In terms of brutality factor way worse. But the bears legit ended 2 packers Seasons this decade
    Chinaski
    @Hatorian- have you had a chance to check some highlights on David Montgomery?

that stiff arm at 0:30!! i'm excited!

Hatorian
    Chinaski said:

I’m stoked. But I have Cohen in a keeper league so I’m a bit concerned. Pace has nailed day 2 and 3 drafts. Also Montgomery just reminds me of Forte. Not the quickest back but has some of the cleanest cuts I’ve seen and great hands. 
    Chinaski
    Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:

I’m stoked. But I have Cohen in a keeper league so I’m a bit concerned. Pace has nailed day 2 and 3 drafts. Also Montgomery just reminds me of Forte. Not the quickest back but has some of the cleanest cuts I’ve seen and great hands. 
    apparently Pace n Nagy put a dinner together with the rooks and old vets. Forte was right there with Montgomery. love this new regime and bringing old vets to share knowledge with the rooks. Duke Shelley was was so stoked to pick Peanut Tillmans brain, loved it. 

Hatorian
  • How about this amazing story of a walk-on taking his way into a tryout.  Guy has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain, he could be dangerous.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/us/nfl-rookie-sheehy-guiseppi-touchdown-trnd/index.html
    blacksunrise7
  • Reports saying Dak turned down 30 mil a year and is asking for 40 mil a year.  Dallas has some decisions to make if this is true.  Although, for that type of money, Dak needs to show something this year in my opinion.
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Pay the man, Cowboys! PAY THE MAN! (coming from an eagles fan lol)
    blacksunrise7
  • QB's are only gonna get more expensive. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    He apparently wants Russell Wilson money so good luck with that. I don't really know what the appropriate response to that is, they're a team that's ready to win with a playoff caliber QB so you're not going to just blow it up and tank for Tua. My guess is they call his bluff and he gets a ton of non guaranteed money or something so he can say he has a contract like WIlson's with the Cowboys knowing they're never going to actually pay that much unless he turns into an all pro.
    blacksunrise7