“Next Time On” Aka Episode Preview Thread (Current Episode Discussion Within)

After some discussion it was decided that the previews for next week’s episodes should all be placed in a separate thread from the general episode discussions. Also because I don’t imagine these will generate enough discussion to have their own threads, all the previews will just be talked about here. If you’re reading this thread, assume people will be discussing every “Next Time On” preview for GoT as well as any episode that has already aired so don’t read further unless you’re either up to date and/or don’t care about spoilers. 
Teresa from ConcordElisa

Comments

• AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    edited May 1
    So we know Ghost is alive from the preview. Will Ghost ever do anything of importance or note ever? Or are D&D just not dog people.

(I'm actually a cat person, and don't want to down a dog, but I like other people's dog.)

I'm prepared for Where's Waldo type appearances from Ghost as his only purpose. 

Elisa
  • Another thing to clarify is that there are clearly 2 dragons flying in the "next week on" preview.  Hopefully they are ready for another battle.  
    Elisa
  • Ghost and the two dragons were what I didn't post in the main forum. :)

Good to know we are going to get another 5 seconds of Ghost.
    Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    Episode 5 is gonna be a big battle episode but from the perspective of Ghost, kind of like how Band of Brothers did The Battle of the Bulge by just following the medic around.
    Murderbear
    I would love a Ghost cam tracking shot through a battle. A way to save on CGI while also still having him in the show. 
    CapeGabeMrXMurderbearBroRad33Elisaweeniegirl
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    We got Ghost confirmed
    2 Dragons confirmed
    Arya macking on Gendry confirmed.

ElisaSanguinePenguin
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I say we just have Ghost warg into Jon during the battle. See Jon running around on all fours, biting people, etc
    MurderbearBroRad33ElisaSanguinePenguinbudesignsweeniegirlUnderwood
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah, after watching that footage of the dragon fight slowed and brightened (highly recommend if if you didn't have a brightness issue. It looks really cool) but I think Rhaegal didn't look he got it too bad. Frozerion definitely got a good claw slash in on him but I think it went pretty well, considering.
    Elisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Yeah, after watching that footage of the dragon fight slowed and brightened (highly recommend if if you didn't have a brightness issue. It looks really cool) but I think Rhaegal didn't look he got it too bad. Frozerion definitely got a good claw slash in on him but I think it went pretty well, considering.
    Yeah, only concern is that bad claw raking to the stomach that Rhaegal took. I think they will point out that he is injured during the next episode.

Rhaegal did get the best of Viserion though. He gave Viserion the same raking on the stomach + bit through his neck + tore off half his face/jaw
    It did frustrate me that they didn't have Rhaegal breath fire on Viserion. Maybe Rhaegal doesn't fully understand that Viserion is dead and thinks breathing fire on him would be pointless?
    MurderbearElisa
    Doesn't seem like a spoiler, but who knows with the spoiler-phobia people have nowadays.

This is from Game of Thrones concept artist who did this a year ago. Arya running on rooftops around the courtyard to get where she needs to go:

KieranBelshaw42‏ @KBelshaw42
    About a year and a half ago I had the pleasure of showing @Maisie_Williams this concept when she came into the Art Dept, her face lit up when she saw it! Definitely a highlight of my career!  #NotToday #aryastark

AnominalMurderbearSanguinePenguinElisaUnderwood
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah, only concern is that bad claw raking to the stomach that Rhaegal took. I think they will point out that he is injured during the next episode.

Rhaegal did get the best of Viserion though. He gave Viserion the same raking on the stomach + bit through his neck + tore off half his face/jaw
    It did frustrate me that they didn't have Rhaegal breath fire on Viserion. Maybe Rhaegal doesn't fully understand that Viserion is dead and thinks breathing fire on him would be pointless?
    At first I started wondering if regular fire would even work on a regular dragon. I would assume they would be fireproof. But now I wonder if Frozerion was more a wight or a White Walker since he was personally raised by the NK. Which is opening up other questions like can you only create a WW from a living being? Also, is the baby we saw in season 4 actually a WW? Because he touched him and turned him but didn't shove obsidian into his heart. Is that because he can do it either way or because the Double D's hadn't thought of the obsidian to the heart thing yet?
  • Quick question on a “problem” everyone seems to be specifically on about: Sanas vs Dani, “What about the North?” How many households, idk “states/counties” does the North consist of? Rewatching Battle of the Bastards Dani says she’ll support Yaara’s claim to the Iron Throne if she supports her and they stop their pillaging/raping ya know “being Ironborns” *eyeroll*. 
    Basically, she’s gave Yaara a crown, what’s one groups basic independence mean to that. Sansa isn’t asking for a crown. 

Ps: y’all r awesome!!! Ur Westworld podcast is the shit. I highly recommend you try The 100; I always coin it to friends as a jr GoT lol. 
  • In the preview for episode 5, the first few seconds has Tyrion looking out the window like "wtf am I seeing here?"  It's very quick, but within the first 3 seconds, you see what looks like two dragons flash in the sky.  One in the center and one to the left.  It's SUPER fast but it's there.  Then combined with Euron looking shocked at the end, it seems like more than one dragon is a possibility.

So...Rhaegal somehow lives?  Or Drogon laid eggs in Essos while he was on the lam in season 4?  That would give some time for them to grow up enough to be a threat.  If there were some eggs laid on Dragonstone last season, they would still be babies.
    rustywright4
    In the preview for episode 5, the first few seconds has Tyrion looking out the window like "wtf am I seeing here?"  It's very quick, but within the first 3 seconds, you see what looks like two dragons flash in the sky.  One in the center and one to the left.  It's SUPER fast but it's there.  Then combined with Euron looking shocked at the end, it seems like more than one dragon is a possibility.

So...Rhaegal somehow lives?  Or Drogon laid eggs in Essos while he was on the lam in season 4?  That would give some time for them to grow up enough to be a threat.  If there were some eggs laid on Dragonstone last season, they would still be babies.
    RHAEGAL FAKED HIS DEATH! Seriously though, as ridiculous as that sounds, it would be worth it just to hear A.Ron use the phrase "FAN BANKRUPTCY" 40 times in the opening 5 minutes of an Instant Take podcast.
    Teresa from ConcordElisaSanguinePenguinliquidmeliawookieeJaimieTbudesignsrustywright4
    In the preview for episode 5, the first few seconds has Tyrion looking out the window like "wtf am I seeing here?"  It's very quick, but within the first 3 seconds, you see what looks like two dragons flash in the sky.  One in the center and one to the left.  It's SUPER fast but it's there.  Then combined with Euron looking shocked at the end, it seems like more than one dragon is a possibility.

Oh interesting. I figured the Euron look meant that, but it there's an actual quick shot... I wonder how they explain it. I guess we'll just wait a week.
  • In the preview for episode 5, the first few seconds has Tyrion looking out the window like "wtf am I seeing here?"  It's very quick, but within the first 3 seconds, you see what looks like two dragons flash in the sky.  One in the center and one to the left.  It's SUPER fast but it's there.  Then combined with Euron looking shocked at the end, it seems like more than one dragon is a possibility.

I'm pretty sure these are just birds.
    SanguinePenguinKate23

I'm pretty sure these are just birds.
    Why would Tyrion look surprised to see birds?
    edited May 6
    Because they're fucking.
    SanguinePenguinFlukes
  • I took it that the face was about confronting Dany.
    SanguinePenguin
  • I could certainly be wrong.  But the first few seconds are him walking towards the window while some large things are flying in.  If he was just looking pensive, I could see it being about confronting her.  It seems like a reaction to what is flying in his direction though.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I didn’t notice bird-dragons, but from the first viewing I was sure he (and Euron later) are looking at something awesome or unexpected. 
    SanguinePenguin

The first part of the theory is interesting but looked like birds to me.

Euron looking shocked could be anything, he's one mad fucker.

What I do know is they are trying like hell to make us think there are either more dragons or Rhaegal faked his death. I will be pissed if it is just a trailer fake out.

I'm hoping it is Drogon carrying a shitload of elephants to drop on Euron and Cersei. Her last words before it crushes her can be "Those are my elephants!"
    SanguinePenguinbudesignsElisaFlukes
  • Yeah they're birds folks. 

My guess is that Dany is just doing a version of the nighttime raid theory people have been floating - fly straight down out of the sun and it's gonna be real fucking hard for people to aim at you. 
    CapeGabeSanguinePenguin
    My guess is catapult sneak attack from Yara or something Yara related.
    Anyone know a good video review that breaks down “next time on”
    edited May 7
    Maybe Dany finally realized that those scorpions on the boats don't have a full range of motion because the sails obstruct them, and she's coming in hot on Drogon from the stern of the ships. That would make Euron have a horrified realization on his face.
    SanguinePenguinFlukes
    Maybe Dany finally realized that those scorpions on the boats don't have a full range of motion because the sails obstruct them, and she's coming in hot on Drogon from the stern of the ships. That would make Euron have a horrified realization on his face.
    Or a boner. It is Euron after all. 
    SanguinePenguin
    edited May 7
    Anyone know a good video review that breaks down “next time on”
    Emergency Awesome just released his episode 5 preview breakdown.

By the way, when I watch that preview breakdown, this well place ad pops up right as the shot of Cersei comes up. Pregnancy confirmed?

asmallcatMurderbearFlukesSanguinePenguin
  • edited May 7
    By the way, when I watch that preview breakdown, this well place ad pops up right as the shot of Cersei comes up. Pregnancy confirmed?

Hahahahahahaha. I would say pregnancy is definitely confirmed. They didn't by chance have another pop up advertisement for Maury or another talk show that deals with paternity tests did it? 
    All the ChickensSanguinePenguin