gear

What gear do you use for podcasting? It's always cool to see what every one is using and talk a little shop.

My gear:
Tazcam 2 Chanel recorder
4 off brand mic's
Yamaha mixing board
iMac with garage band for post editing
Libsyn as a host

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Funny you should mention that. Jim just did up a spiffy studio page on Bald Move that outlines all our equipment and even has a crude studio diagram. http://baldmove.com/studio/

How's the Yamaha treating you? What model number is it?
  • Yamaha MG82CX Digital mixer, it's worked out pretty good so far. I really like the tazcam too. I took my old show down so I could start fresh on a network idea and url to support other grass root podcasts. Plus my own show. I'm pretty excited.
  • Hey plug your tazcams usb output into a wall adapter and it will charge it! No battery's!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    No shit? Man, that would be handy, because swapping rechargeable batteries is a PITA. What's your show on?
  • My first show was guest driven and based on conversations not interview style. But, finding guest to have on every week while working 60 hrs was kinda hard. So, I started a network, and am recording a new show "live from the garage". Now, I can pretty much talk about any thing guests or no guests and my audience will not expect a guest every week. I am also trying to find new podcast to produce and add to my network. Right now the Underground podcasting network has 3 shows on it and the 2 who are not me are comedians.
  • www.facebook.com/Undergroundpodcastingnetwork
  • Funny you should mention that. Jim just did up a spiffy studio page on Bald Move that outlines all our equipment and even has a crude studio diagram. http://baldmove.com/studio/

Is this still a good place to start for beginning podcasting?  I'm looking for some basic equipment to start a 'cast with a cohost in studio to start.  Down the road, we'd like to be able to patch in rotating cohosts remotely.  What do would the experts in the community recommend for a basic setup?

Thanks.
  • DrKen said:

Funny you should mention that. Jim just did up a spiffy studio page on Bald Move that outlines all our equipment and even has a crude studio diagram. http://baldmove.com/studio/

Is this still a good place to start for beginning podcasting?  I'm looking for some basic equipment to start a 'cast with a cohost in studio to start.  Down the road, we'd like to be able to patch in rotating cohosts remotely.  What do would the experts in the community recommend for a basic setup?

Thanks.
    Down to be one of your remote co-hosts from across the world.
    No Half Measures....
  • Well, we are starting with a local Chicago sports podcast based on a message board that I've been part of for the past 10 years.  

But, if I get a good setup, I might like to expand a bit into some TV/entertainment stuff.  A "The Wire Podcast" perhaps?  Depending on how things go.

You are first on the list of Singapore cohosts.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited November 2016
    Haha well I am a Chicago sports nut. I follow all the teams religiously so if you do need someone to help there I'm definitely your man.
    DrKen
    No Half Measures....
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Jim and Aron plug in via USB? Intriguing... I wonder if Ford knows about this technology.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media