Who sits the Iron Throne? (Current Episode Discussion)

AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
edited May 7 in Game of Thrones
There is a thread regarding character deaths, but anyone want to lock in guesses as to who finally takes it?

With three episodes left un aired

I'm going to say Tyrion. I don't know how this happens, but I'm also going to say that Dany doesn't.

Or as a top three outcome

1) Tyrion
2) Jon+Dany
3) Jon-Dany
Travis

Comments

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    Gendry and Arya
    liquidmeliCeciliaM
  • Gendry and Arya
    Spoiler alert. She's not into it.
    CretanBulltpelzy
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    CeciliaM said:
    Gendry and Arya
    Spoiler alert. She's not into it.
    Yeah, and I think Gendry getting named whatever it was he was named tonight takes him out of the equation.  That's been my prediction for a long time though!

• I have a crazy notion that it should be Sansa, but I don't see how that even works.

As fucked up as this show is, it will be Cersei with her half assed evil smile.
    Anominal
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    You know before the season came out I was joking with people at my job that if you wanted to make a lot of money you'd bet on Sansa, Bran, and no one. I felt like those were long shots tat all had a decent chance. I could've been rich haha. 
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    Yeah. Sansa seems the obvious choice now. Sansa with Tyrion as Hand, or Sansa and Tyrion as king and queen. They've consistently shown Sansa to be the best ruler, and get all the praise for her smarts this season.

I put Jon and Dany together as a guess only because it seemed the most straightforward thing D&D  would do, and it wasn't something I actually wanted.
  • The better question is "is there an Iron Throne anymore?"

If it was created by dragon fire shouldn't it be melted by dragon fire?

Start the next episode with Dany sitting on a blob of metal.
    Travisblacksunrise7CeciliaM
  • edited May 13
    Nothing against Sansa, because as a viewer I see her as pretty much the last character left to root for, but in the eyes of the commoner in Westeros who is Sansa?  Who is Tyrion?  Good lord, nobody views him as anything but a devilish imp who murdered his nephew the king and his father on the privy.  Now that I think about it, Sansa is seen as his conspirator by the average person, as well, and remember that the average person loved Joffrey and Maergery at the time and viewed Tywin as the hero of Blackwater.  If the show ends that way it would have to be some utterly illogical fan-service.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    It will be Jon for a minute until he hands it over to a group of others to govern and I bet he heads north to meet up with his dog. 
    CeciliaM
  • budesignsbudesigns Tega Cay, SC
    rhcoop said:
    It will be Jon for a minute until he hands it over to a group of others to govern and I bet he heads north to meet up with his dog. 
    "others" .... ?
    ken hale
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 13
    I'm all in on Tyrion too, in a new "broken wheel" type scenario so there isn't a throne, per say. I think they defeat Dany. Jon turns down leadership and goes north. Sansa stays up north and maintains her leadership up there, and Tyrion begins the new system and fills the void. The story has been setting him up as the person who believes in the broken wheel, and has been doing everything that he can to preserve peace and save the "small folk." It's on a platter. Tyrion ends up as the head of the realm.
  • Does your question assume we watched last nights episode?
    I mean... may we talk about everything that has aired so far?
  • Naaah said:
    Does your question assume we watched last nights episode?
    I mean... may we talk about everything that has aired so far?
    Oh shoot. Sorry if I overstepped. I thought everything that had aired was fair game. For what it's worth, I had the same opinion and same reasons (though less honed in, obviously) leading into the episode, but sorry if this thread wasn't meant to include pre-last night stuff.
  • Well here's my question... (Apologies if this is spoilerish)...

Is there an Iron Throne left (Physically)? Who is left to rule (as in subjects)? Why rule in a leveled city?
    Is there a better location to build a new one? Are there even 7 Kingdoms remaining? 

I think Dany is unfit and so is Jon. Dany's fear is unsustainable. Jon fails to see evil looking straight at him. 
    Will Dany's people wish to return to Essos? Do they even care about her new world problems?

Sansa may make sense, but only because she hasn't done anything to make her position worse. 

At this point, I'm rooting for Tormund. :)

Kidding aside, I don't know who is left. Maybe it simply ends with the wheel broken and the religions lost.
    Maybe the Bank takes control of everything with a puppet ruler. Too bad there's no longer a threat in the North.

Travisken hale
  • Travis said:
    Tyrion ends up as the head of the realm.
    Umm, does the realm have anything to say about it?  Because I don't think they see Tyrion the same way we do.
    TravisFlukes
  • ken hale said:
    Travis said:
    Tyrion ends up as the head of the realm.
    Umm, does the realm have anything to say about it?  Because I don't think they see Tyrion the same way we do.
    I think the show sees him that way, and I think a broken wheel wouldn't necessarily mean straight off elections or anything like that. I'm not saying that it holds up to scrutiny, but I do see the show painting that picture. I think the Double Ds are drawing yellow arrows in that direction in bright yellow paint.
    ken hale
  • Hot Pie.
    TravisSanguinePenguinken haleNaaah
  • It seems at this point, all the obvious things are happening and it is going to be Jon. 
  • I think it could also be Mad Queen Daenerys and it could be a shitty, depressing ending and the entire internet will implode, after which all denizens of internet forums will rediscover our library cards and never be heard from again.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    If Jon dies *and* Dany dies, who is next in line -or- who is then the 'rightful' heir?  Or is there an election of sorts, or would someone be named by their people?
  • Wildcard: I don't know how they get there in 80 minutes, but I'll say Sansa.
    telephoneofmadnessCeciliaMliquidmeli
  • I don't think there will be a throne when the dust (ash?) settles. I think Jon kills Dany with an assist from Arya then turns over the power of the realm to some sort of democratic leadership as he bolts Kings Landing to go hang in the true north with Tormund & Ghost. (Probably wishful thinking at this point though.)
    ken hale
  • Michelle said:
    If Jon dies *and* Dany dies, who is next in line -or- who is then the 'rightful' heir?  Or is there an election of sorts, or would someone be named by their people?
    Going into this season, I assumed that Jon would abdicate the throne to Gendry. Now that The Hound has magically deprogrammed Arya's ninja revenge module, she'll probably go back to Gendry, marry him and become queen.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Michelle said:
    Going into this season, I assumed that Jon would abdicate the throne to Gendry. Now that The Hound has magically deprogrammed Arya's ninja revenge module, she'll probably go back to Gendry, marry him and become queen.
    Would it be Gendry because he's Robert's son?  Or just 'cause?
  • LoneWolf said:
    Wildcard: I don't know how they get there in 80 minutes, but I'll say Sansa.
    I don't know how that is possible either, but I am totally Sansa 2020.
    budesigns
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    If the wood witch prophecy said that a “younger, more beautiful” queen would replace her, and that’s not Dany, then it would have to be Sansa, right? 

My prediction is Dany kills Tyrion, Jon kills Dany, Jon hauls ass, and Sansa sits the throne. 
    MichelleUnderwood
  • If the wood witch prophecy said that a “younger, more beautiful” queen would replace her, and that’s not Dany, then it would have to be Sansa, right? 

My prediction is Dany kills Tyrion, Jon kills Dany, Jon hauls ass, and Sansa sits the throne. 
    I would love to see Sansa on the throne with Jon as some kind of military advisor/popularity bringer. But I don't see how it all comes down to a fight about who has a better claim to the throne and then Sansa gets on it, who is definitely a Stark/Tully, and in no way related to the Targaryens. 
  • Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    Would it be Gendry because he's Robert's son?  Or just 'cause?
    Because he's Robert's son. It would return things to how they were at the start of the show, with a Baratheon on the throne and the Starks managing the north.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Bortus.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I don't see Jon surviving. Maybe his end comes killing Dany? Either way I will be surprised to see them surviving the finale.