Comments

  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    edited May 8
    I was just reading that same article. Looks like maybe we’ll finally have a little break from Star Wars. At least from a film standpoint. MCU doesn’t look like it’s planning on slowing down, though. 
  • edited May 8
    The thing I'm most excited from this is the integration of the X-Men & Fantastic 4 into the MCU.

    Also, do we know who's helming the new SW trilogy? Hopefully it's Benioff and Weiss' (from GoT) instead of Rian Johnson's trilogy.

    or maybe all three of them are working together?
    rustywright4
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited May 8
    Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse.  They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't get it'.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited May 8
     "Rian Johnson's trilogy" will take a backseat until the franchise course corrects. Honestly I don't think it'll happen at all.

    I suspect it's an Obi-Wan trilogy, and maybe the double D's. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    The thing I'm most excited from this is the integration of the X-Men & Fantastic 4 into the MCU.

    Also, do we know who's helming the new SW trilogy? Hopefully it's Benioff and Weiss' (from GoT) instead of Rian Johnson's trilogy.

    or maybe all three of them are working together?
    This makes me sad and a little bit afraid. 
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I think Rian Johnson would do a great job with a whole new set of characters unburdened from expectations for characters. I didn't have the same expectations, though I sort of understand where others are coming from.

    I'd really like more Rey movies though. Gonna be sad to see her go, if that's the case. I hope this new one does well and they give it some thought.
  • Michelle said:
    Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse.  They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't get it'.
    I think it will be Weiss and Benioff. They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't play out according to Reddit theories.'
    awookiee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    rkcrawf said:
    Michelle said:
    Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse.  They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't get it'.
    I think it will be Weiss and Benioff. They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't play out according to Reddit theories.'
    I was joking. :wink:
  • Michelle said:
    rkcrawf said:
    Michelle said:
    Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse.  They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't get it'.
    I think it will be Weiss and Benioff. They'll be fantastic movies that half the audience will complain about the endings being dumb because they 'didn't play out according to Reddit theories.'
    I was joking. :wink:
    I know. I was building on it.
    Michelle
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    I'm glad Rian Johnson is seeing some consequences for treading all over someone else's ideas.
    ken hale
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Ford vs Ferrari sounds awesome.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Yeah, that should be a great story.
    Matt Damon as Carroll Shelby?  Should be interesting to see, I wanna see chicken fried Ocean's 11 Matt Damon.

    Ford vs Ferrari sounds awesome.

  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Yeah, that should be a great story.
    Matt Damon as Carroll Shelby?  Should be interesting to see, I wanna see chicken fried Ocean's 11 Matt Damon.

    Ford vs Ferrari sounds awesome.


    I look forward to Jon Bernthal looking extremely angry around fast 60's supercars.
  • The thing I'm most excited from this is the integration of the X-Men & Fantastic 4 into the MCU.
    Man, you scared me when I read your comment, but luckily the article doesn't say that's the plan.  Fantastic Four would fit, maybe, but I think it would be a huge mistake to bring the X-men into the larger MCU.  It's already bloated as fuck and introducing already-familiar mutants just means less room for running with less familiar characters like GotG or the Agents of Atlas [impatiently waiting].
  • edited May 15
    "DISNEY CEO BOB IGER SAYS NEXT ‘STAR WARS’ FILM WILL COME FROM DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS (of GoT)"

    Supposedly it's coming out in 2022.

    https://thegww.com/bob-iger-says-next-star-wars-film-will-come-from-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss/
Sign In or Register to comment.