805 - The Bells

1131416181921

Comments

  • New background


    That is good damn amazing right there. 
    SanguinePenguindjcaudle01rkcrawfHatoriangjames80
  • edited May 2019
     I’m sorry but we are talking about a woman who committed mass murder on a group of men who, instead of turning her over for riches chose to protect her for the rest of her life. Yes I’m sure living in retirement as Kal Drogo‘s widow was not what she wanted but let’s be real here,

    She went serial killer for no other reason than she wanted the iron throne. 

    Edit: Please do not fire bomb me with claiming I am saying she should have known her place or any of that bullshit, my only point here is that she has a psychological problem and that that much power in the hands of someone like that 100% tracks with what happened in episode 5
    SanguinePenguin
  •  I think it would have been nice if, at the same time she was losing her children and advisors, news came from Essos that her greasy fuck buddy had also been killed in a revolt.
    Wow...you just made me laugh and realize that greasy fuck buddy is like the only real winner in this whole series.  Got a city to rule over, gets to tell everyone he nailed the dragon queen, doesn't have to deal with her crazy ass anymore - he's doing well over there.
    majjam0770alexander.klassendjcaudle01awookieepamatucci
  • So, for the big final fight that the entire show we have:

    Team Good Guys: Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Ser Davos
    vs
    Team Bad Guys: Daenerys and Grey Worm

    Yeah, that sounds awesome. I can hardly wait to see how this big, well earned final confrontation between the clear heroes and the clear villain plays out. With 1:20 left in the entire series. During which time we have to establish, escalate and pay off this entire conflict.

    And a dragon that just roasted a whole city. Unless he's back at Dragonstone smoking a post-burning cigarette.
    rkcrawf
  • CapeGabe said:
    So, for the big final fight that the entire show we have:

    Team Good Guys: Jon, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Bran and Ser Davos
    vs
    Team Bad Guys: Daenerys and Grey Worm

    Yeah, that sounds awesome. I can hardly wait to see how this big, well earned final confrontation between the clear heroes and the clear villain plays out. With 1:20 left in the entire series. During which time we have to establish, escalate and pay off this entire conflict.

    And a dragon that just roasted a whole city. Unless he's back at Dragonstone smoking a post-burning cigarette.
    You mean a dragon who roasted a whole city who can breathe fire for days, and the fire blows through walls, doors, boats and just about anything in it's way. 
  • GanGan
    edited May 2019
    Most people on the internet seem to dislike this episode, it's actually the lowest rated Game of Thrones episode in the entire series history with 49 percent on RT, though admittedly that is anecdotal. Also here is a video meme that I think still think clearly demonstrates some of the problems fans have with the writing/story telling in the past few seasons.


    Be warned it does contain small, short clips of "Inside the Episode" interviews for aired episodes. It doesn't contain any actual spoilers as far as I know, but if it's not allowed please remove
    Giovanni
  • Peeps said:
    I've never looked forward to a podcast than I am to tomorrow's.

    I think ARon will walk back some of the more hyperbolic comments but still not like the episode. Jim may be more measured and might like it.

    It's gonna be great.
    YUP
  • GanGan
    edited May 2019
    Peeps said:
    Peeps said:
    I've never looked forward to a podcast than I am to tomorrow's.

    I think ARon will walk back some of the more hyperbolic comments but still not like the episode. Jim may be more measured and might like it.

    It's gonna be great.
    Alternatively, like most of the fandom they'll dislike it just as much or even more with each subsequent rewatch or maybe you were right.  I dunno. I guess if you saw the live recording you'd know. xD
  • ken hale said:
     I think it would have been nice if, at the same time she was losing her children and advisors, news came from Essos that her greasy fuck buddy had also been killed in a revolt.
    Wow...you just made me laugh and realize that greasy fuck buddy is like the only real winner in this whole series.  Got a city to rule over, gets to tell everyone he nailed the dragon queen, doesn't have to deal with her crazy ass anymore - he's doing well over there.
    Greasy?!?!
    I think not!

    majjam0770ken hale
  • Did anyone else see the podcast appear in their feed as literally a 41 second ad and then nothing else? I actually briefly thought they put that out on purpose to say 'we have nothing to say about this episode'.  :D
    ken haleblacksunrise7
  • josh1295 said:
    Did anyone else see the podcast appear in their feed as literally a 41 second ad and then nothing else?
    On my end the podcast doesn't play at all. Neither in my podcast app nor on the BM site.
  • josh1295 said:
    Did anyone else see the podcast appear in their feed as literally a 41 second ad and then nothing else? I actually briefly thought they put that out on purpose to say 'we have nothing to say about this episode'.  :D
    Yes.that's what I'm getting. It's just an ad. dammit. xd
  • toncica said:
    josh1295 said:
    Did anyone else see the podcast appear in their feed as literally a 41 second ad and then nothing else?
    On my end the podcast doesn't play at all. Neither in my podcast app nor on the BM site.
    Weird. All I hear is them saying, "No Emilia Clark, we surrender! The Bald Move Studio is yours by right! We'll say it was the best episode ever!" followed by a bunch of explosions and screams.
    GantoncicaFlukesmajjam0770djcaudle01BloodyTacoDoctor_Nick
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    How did Drogon get infinite ammo? Maester Herschel set him up.
    Murderbear
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    "So. Queen of Dragons. It is down to you and it is down to me. But we are not so different, you and I. We are the same."

    "We are not the same. I am a Targaryen. You're a sick asshole."

    "Why don't you sit down? Grab yourself an egg roll. We've got everything from a diddle eyed joe to a damned if I know."

    "No thanks."

    "'No thanks?' What does that mean? You're trying to kill me? Your ass must be crazy!"

    - A Missing of Opportunities
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Gendry: "Would you like to be the Lady of Storm's End?"
    Brienne: "Yeah. Sure. Whatever."
    Doctor_NickBrandonTheBardpamatuccibudesignsgjames80blacksunrise7
  • Well ARon is a little bit less hysterical in the podcast as compared to the lunacy he displayed in the instacast but I don’t think Baldmove set up this heel turn as well as they should have. Who can we sue? 
    BenFlukesMurderbearbudesigns
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 2019
    How does John side-eyeing Dany feel false? Being burnt alive is the most gruesome terroristic thing ever.  Her execution method feels sadistic. And it’s because these people believe in him not her. Like both his sisters believe. Not false feeling in the slightest. I respectfully say “Pfffft” sir. 

    Edit: and his best friend’s brother after surrendering, a war crime today. Hell nah. Side eye level 100% genuine. 
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    The nitpicking is infuriating. Honestly I think I’m done with this coverage from baldmove on game of thrones. It’s just bumming me out, how the two guys feel about the show is how I feel about them. Good luck everyone with the final episode. 
    Graffin_DirtybloodJoeAlbaCeciliaMFalcon
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ben said:
    The nitpicking is infuriating. Honestly I think I’m done with this coverage from baldmove on game of thrones. It’s just bumming me out, how the two guys feel about the show is how I feel about them. Good luck everyone with the final episode. 
    C’mon, Ben. Take a breath. We need our Australians. 
    CapeGabeMurderbear
  • I'm listening to the podcast and the two guys are talking about how they never bought the Jon and Dany romance so they didn't really sense the significance of the betrayal by Jon...

    But it seems really obvious to me now that Jon is just flat scared of Dany and probably has been for a long time. In a way, that's a betrayal in Dany's eyes because she thought she'd conquer the world with him at her side and all that but he's just trying to keep her from seeing him and the North as an enemy. 

    Judging by what she does to King's Landing, he would be very right in having those fears, too.
    majjam0770rkcrawf
  • Like, I don't think the auntie thing is the hang up for Jon rejecting her affections...I think it's that he feels so conflicted about whether she's a terrible person already, she's threatening his family, and he feels powerless to stop her.
    majjam0770rkcrawfblacksunrise7
  • Hey y'all. I've seen some discord on the net about the brutality of the Northmen during the battle, and it was interesting to hear the double d's kind of talk about how there's no justice in war, and here we see the blurred lines of who we perceive to be good and bad. I'm rewatching now, and when I saw the Northmen charge I immediately thought of how much they have suffered. Anyone fighting would remember Ned Stark and the Red Wedding. They probably all knew someone who died at the hands of the Lannisters. To top it all off, they lied about coming to help defend against the White Walkers! I can totally see how they would all want to kick some Lannister ass, and while this doesn't excuse their behavior, it does explain it, at least to me. 
    majjam0770cdriveken haleCeciliaMUnderwood
  • Wow may just listen to another cast for this show. They are gonna be a super bummer and downer to listen to from here on out
    I'm not going to listen to the instacast until tomorrow AM, but I have had to do that with a couple of podcasts so far this past week. Probably not with BM though unless they are both just annoyingly negative and nitpicking easily explainable things and pretending that these characters havent earned the things they did in this episode just because they dont personally like what they did. That's when I tune out. I couldn't even begin to listen to Storm Of Spoilers this week.

     Just gonna leave this here...

    Jim:  “ I think they’ve done a pretty good job of telling me the story that Dany could just go in there and slaughter everyone in Kings Landing” -S8E4_Instant_Talk

    A.Ron:  “ I think they are doing a pretty good job of telling the story they want to tell”
    S8E4_Main_Podcast

    Point of order:  It could be said these comments were made post and via fan bankruptcy...however I think those sub primes were leveredged up a little too high in this episode for the men to not take just a taste
    All the Chickens
  • Some of these complaints on the podcast are so ridiculous. Why did Jon pull back from romantically kissing his aunt? Really? You don’t see that as being plausible?  Oh and why did they imprison Jamie instead of killing him? (sigh).  And why was Grey Worm there without the unsullied? And why weren’t the helmets closed? And on and on and on it went.  These kind of ridiculous nitpicking complaints about a show with dragons, zombies and resurrections is just so absurd.  And they do this scene after scene after scene. Tearing it apart with some silly complaint of how they would have done it better. So incredibly tiresome. I couldn’t get through the entire podcast it was just too painful to listen to. To me the bottom line is that Jim and ARon were both totally invested in Dany being this victorious heroine and when it didn’t turn out that way they had to trash the entire show. Thinking that it would end with her happily sitting on the iron throne as some benevolent ruler is so not GOT I have to question their judgement. 
    Graffin_DirtybloodFalcon
  • JoeAlba said:
    To me the bottom line is that Jim and ARon were both totally invested in Dany being this victorious heroine and when it didn’t turn out that way they had to trash the entire show.

    That makes zero sense. Why in the world would they be invested in Dany being victorious? Like others they seem to be a fan of a well crafted story which this season has not been even close to being. 
    MurderbearGiovannibbordBloodyTacoblacksunrise7
  • CapeGabe said:
    JoeAlba said:
    To me the bottom line is that Jim and ARon were both totally invested in Dany being this victorious heroine and when it didn’t turn out that way they had to trash the entire show.

    That makes zero sense. Why in the world would they be invested in Dany being victorious? Like others they seem to be a fan of a well crafted story which this season has not been even close to being. 
     Jim said in last weeks podcast that every scene Dany is in with someone it feels like she wants to burn them down and he made mention that that feels wrong but that he gets it from every scene she’s in.  

    That is contradictory logic in and of itself, because if that’s how she is every time then it can’t be wrong, it’s her nature and it’s the way they have written her for eight seasons

    Please notice I’m only bringing up the points the podcast has made in the past...I’m sorry but it’s the podcast that has made a U turn, not the show
    JoeAlba
  • CapeGabe said:
    JoeAlba said:
    To me the bottom line is that Jim and ARon were both totally invested in Dany being this victorious heroine and when it didn’t turn out that way they had to trash the entire show.

    That makes zero sense. Why in the world would they be invested in Dany being victorious? Like others they seem to be a fan of a well crafted story which this season has not been even close to being. 
     Jim said in last weeks podcast that every scene Dany is in with someone it feels like she wants to burn them down and he made mention that that feels wrong but that he gets it from every scene she’s in.  

    That is contradictory logic in and of itself, because if that’s how she is every time then it can’t be wrong, it’s her nature and it’s the way they have written her for eight seasons

    Please notice I’m only bringing up the points the podcast has made in the past...I’m sorry but it’s the podcast that has made a U turn, not the show

    I just don't see where they have been invested in a Dany victory in the past. I never have got the feeling they were Team Dany. People seem to enjoy inventing head canon about other people's opinions and then it becomes the truth to them.
    blacksunrise7
  • @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard isn’t a believable explanation of why Dany kept Jamie that she could use him as a prisoner pawn against Cersei?  
    JoeAlbablacksunrise7
  • gguenot said:
    @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard isn’t a believable explanation of why Dany kept Jamie that she could use him as a prisoner pawn against Cersei?  

    Or as a way to test Tyrion’s loyalty and see if he is going to help his brother? 
    majjam0770Murderbeargguenot
Sign In or Register to comment.