805 - The Bells

Comments

• I’d be pissed off if I gave someone a sentimental item that belonged to a recently deceased friend and they just threw it into the fire. Just sayin....dick move, Grey Worm, dick move 
    It looked like a collar to me. Missandei’s only possession was a collar from her slave days. 

Did Grey Worm change his name?  He may be getting rid of everything from bondage. 
    NimeriaLurkskatieannpeace
  • walktheskywalkthesky New York
    Signed in to insta cast to hear Jim claim this “the worst episode ever”.

wow I know I didn’t see what I thought I was gonna see but geeZ
    darthfodderElisa
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    BroRad33 said:

I want to be in the writers' room for that one.

"So how does Cersei die? Anyone?"

"What if rocks fall on her?"

"Genius!"

Based on D&Ds post episode comments lately, I would say it went more like this:

"How does Cersei die?"

"Well, not in the most cliche way that literally ever fan is expecting her to die because...prophecy"
    CeciliaMawookieedarthfodderElisa
  • I loved the episode. It’s starting to bum me out, all the negativity. 

And Jon, Arya, and Sansa are going to team up against Dany. 

Pretty sure Tyrion burns next week. 
    Benblue_sleevedarthfoddermft9186jnevoshJohnnyCharisma
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    gjulleen said:
    I’d be pissed off if I gave someone a sentimental item that belonged to a recently deceased friend and they just threw it into the fire. Just sayin....dick move, Grey Worm, dick move 
    It looked like a collar to me. Missandei’s only possession was a collar from her slave days. 

Did Grey Worm change his name?  He may be getting rid of everything from bondage. 
    Yea, it was her collar. I actually liked the fact that he threw it in there but I couldn’t help but laugh when he did it 
    gjulleen
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    As much as I am Still a fan, I do have to say I was blown away that Jamie was actually still in love with Cersei. I was on the other side of the fence think it’s absolutely ridiculous he was going back to save her. 
    BenJTKIIIdarwinfeeshydarthfodderElisaSchluppDeetelephoneofmadnessGiovanniDaveyMacand 2 others.
    Wow may just listen to another cast for this show. They are gonna be a super bummer and downer to listen to from here on out
    Bendarthfodderhoos30
  • Hey guys, remember how Jamie literally tried to murder a child for Cersei? And stood by her when she murdered, like, 5k innocents around the sept of baelor? Pepperrigde Farm remembers. He's a bad guy. 

Also, the "don't look at reddit" rule remains in effect. Puppies were straight up murdered this time, apparently. 
    CeciliaMjessaydarthfoddermft9186Demerolrkcrawfthepastryarchyadampasz
  • I knew Jaime couldn’t quit her. Even after you guys were both convinced he left Brienne to kill Cerci. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Best episode of the series since Winds of Winter
    awookieeblue_sleevedarthfodderElisaFalconhoos30rkcrawfJohnnyCharisma
    In response to the guys asking WHY dany did what they did, all I have to say is FEAR. That’s whats dany accepted, she must rule by fear. And what better way to install fear then by setting the entire city ablaze? 
    But hey, everyone’s entitled to their opinion. 
    CeciliaMmanhattnikMurderbeardarthfodderDemerolhoos30JohnnyCharisma
    I don’t understand why people are so shocked that Jamie still loves Cersei. Have you been watching the show? He has spent 7 seasons going back to her every chance he gets and putting up with all of her bullshit. Book Jamie is a different story but show Jamie has only left Cersei the one time so it’s not too shocking that he would go back for her as she faced imminent death. And she’s carrying his child. That ain’t nothin 
    CeciliaMdarthfodderJohnnyCharisma
    Btw did anyone have some issues watching it? Had a cousin in Chicago say there was some kind of HBO blackout along the east coast. 
  • Wow I only lasted about two minutes into the instant cast. It's one thing to say you don't like it but I don't need to listen to you yell and scream about how you hate the double Ds. . So disappointed in your lack of professionalism. 
    BenwalktheskyAll the ChickensCaptainTripsSafetyKnifedarthfodderFalconRoseDemerolhoos30and 2 others.
    Wow may just listen to another cast for this show. They are gonna be a super bummer and downer to listen to from here on out
    I'm not going to listen to the instacast until tomorrow AM, but I have had to do that with a couple of podcasts so far this past week. Probably not with BM though unless they are both just annoyingly negative and nitpicking easily explainable things and pretending that these characters havent earned the things they did in this episode just because they dont personally like what they did. That's when I tune out. I couldn't even begin to listen to Storm Of Spoilers this week.
    Benb.larevdarthfodderDemerol
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    edited May 13
    Its a real shame that all the negatives have seem to have gotten on top of the guys. I get that it must be hard to be under a barrage of negativity and still maintain objectivity but I hoped they might. Criticism is fine, Nitpicking is just dull to listen too. Hell even breaking bad and the leftovers had their flaws. 
    darthfodderDemerol
    I’m starting to believe that the GRRM conspiracy theory to be true. This show is receiving all kinds of hate and if he puts the books out anytime soon, it’ll break records
    ken haleElisa
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    I’m okay with the Danny stuff; not thrilled, but I think it was earned.

Clegane bowl? Decent.

Grey Worm? Okay.

Varys stuff? Okay.

Tyrion stuff? Okay for the most part, but not entirely.

Qyburn? Not okay.

Arya stuff? Not okay at all. Oh so the hound said I was going to die so I bail? I think not. Looks like she’s going to kill Danny too, and that would be too much.

Jon stuff? Maybe okay depending on next episode. If he doesn’t kill Danny, then it’s a fail.

Cersi and Jamie stuff? Not really okay.

Dothraki stuff? There should not be any surviving Dothraki, I watched episode 3, they’re all dead.

Davos? Did Tyrion really just ask Davos to leave a boat and that’s it?

So next episode the only people on Danny’s side will be the Unsullied and the Dothraki. The foreign invaders. Not great guys. Crazy women and immigrants need to be defeated by men of honor and the patriotic natives? Really not great.

UrsulaTheSeaWitchjenetee
    Oh God. I love watching the instacast in the morning when I get to the office early.

I guess I'm in for being bummed out for an hour?
    darthfodderrkcrawf
    edited May 13
    I don’t think I’m gonna listen at all this week then. Not gonna let them ruin the final episode for me. I thought the whole point of “fan bankruptcy” was to not get all butt hurt if book theories don’t pan out
    BenAll the Chickensliquidmelib.larevCaptainTripsSafetyKnifedarthfodderRoseDemeroljkmiller826and 5 others.
  • I liked the episode.

However I hated the end of Jaime's arc. In some way I hope that's because GRRM will also end it that way because if this was a showrunner move then I think it was a poor move. Its tragic sure but I don't know. Just not pleased with it.

I actually like the "unsatisfactory" way Cersei went out. Its very Game of Thrones for the demise of the antagonists to not go out as fitting or violently as you would expect. 
    darthfodder
    Lol Hbo is gonna sue the double ds? You guys are checked out!
    Bendarthfodderrkcrawf
    YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUMMED OUT BY DANY. 

That doesnt mean that it's not a well earned character turn that has been established for multiple seasons.
    hisdudeness915CeciliaMBengjames80b.larevCaptainTripsken haleMurderbearSafetyKnifetpelzyand 6 others.
    One final note, don’t feel like I need to worry about spoilers anymore. What’s left that’ll happen that really might surprise anyone. 
  • Ben said:
    Its a real shame that all the negatives have seem to have gotten on top of the guys. I get that it must be hard to be under a barrage of negativity and still maintain objectivity but I hoped they might. Criticism is fine, Nitpicking is just dull to listen too. Hell even breaking bad and the leftovers had their flaws. 
    Glaring flaws with the storyline is hardly nitpicking.
    GredalBeeMajorMalfunctionBloodyTacobbordElisarustywright4Giovannidarthcaedus1138BellaaydeFunBagGrabber
    Lol so it's not OK for Arya to learn from the Hound and quit her petty vengeance tour in favor of going to live a life (literally and figuratively)? It was poetic that the Hounds last gift to someone he loves was to talk her into not sacrificing her life just to kill someone on her dumb list who was dead anyway.

And yeah, I hope Arya goes after Dany. That would be great. Killing Dany at this would would be a great, needed deed. And after everything Arya just experienced, it make perfect sense. 
    Benasmallcathisdudeness915majjam0770CaptainTripsMurderbearjessaydarthfodderStorkiemegSteverh78and 2 others.
    I have re-watched the entire series 4 times and can tell you with certainty that Dany and Jamie’s actions are 100% in line with their character. I don’t like it, just like I don’t like it when Ned gave Cersei a chance to leave KL or when Robb fell in love because he’s a horny teenager. But those were also in line with their character. Something out of character this episode was Varys being so openly treasonous. Now that was out of character 
    Bengjames80majjam0770b.larevken haleMurderbeardarthfodderFlukesNimeriaLurksMatiMedand 4 others.
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    edited May 13
    YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUMMED OUT BY DANY. 

That doesnt mean that it's not a well earned character turn that has been established for multiple seasons.

She has done everything that she said she would albeit not in the way people might have expected (the boys included). She was told to be the dragon by Olena 2 or 3 years ago, she could have done this then and it would be as earned as it was now. The shows own prophecy that was shown to her by the warlocks showed her walking through a destroyed city with ash falling. She's burned prisoners of war, fed her rivals to dragons, and threatened more advisors than shes drunk glasses of wine. Also, she's never faced real rejection before and when you pile on the death of two dragons, her surrogate father figure, best friend and the rejection of a lover she snapped. It happens. They even made a movie with similar themes, falling down.    
    Hatorianmanhattnikawookieeken haleSafetyKnifeNimeriaLurksFalconHunterthepastryarchy
  • Btw did anyone have some issues watching it? Had a cousin in Chicago say there was some kind of HBO blackout along the east coast. 
    I'm in Boston, was about 15 minutes behind in starting, but had no issues.